BBL|06 and WBBL|02: Match Discussion Thread!

Started by PowerBug, December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Rusty00

I wonder if Badree would've bowled the super over if he was fully fit?

PowerBug

I know they won anyway, but this Botha decision caused controversy. I'm of the "he hit it" side of things, many aren't though (good reason too I think)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/inside-cricket
Video here. I THINK there's two noises there and it's hit the corner of the bat onto the bicep of Botha. People's thoughts?

Jukes

I thought it looked like bat onto arm too, doesn't matter in the end though of course

Was hoping for a heat win but I'm sure either way we'll win the grannie (or play so bad we don't deserve to win it). Hopefully can get 4 tickets again :3

Ringo

I thought at the time there were 2 noises as well and the ball did appear to deviate.

Also with the game the free hit in the super over there seems to be some discussion as to whether it was second short over shoulder (marginal) or legitimate no ball. No footage available to confirm.
Biased I know but Heat were behind the 8 ball when first ball was not called wide. McCullum pulled out of his shot and replays confirmed over shoulder. 

On another matter though and I am not using this as an excuse as the Sixers won fairly. Did not realise till last night that under the rules the team batting second had to face the first over. Putting this out for discussion regarding fairness based on the following:
1) In majority of cases the bowler chosen by the team bowling first would more than likely have bowled the last overs and be required to bowl again whereas with the team batting second bowlers will have had 20 0vers rest plus the super over.
2) Mentally the fielding team would be drained due to the closeness of the match and then have to carry on again.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on January 26, 2017, 10:23:18 AM
I thought at the time there were 2 noises as well and the ball did appear to deviate.

Also with the game the free hit in the super over there seems to be some discussion as to whether it was second short over shoulder (marginal) or legitimate no ball. No footage available to confirm.
Biased I know but Heat were behind the 8 ball when first ball was not called wide. McCullum pulled out of his shot and replays confirmed over shoulder. 

On another matter though and I am not using this as an excuse as the Sixers won fairly. Did not realise till last night that under the rules the team batting second had to face the first over. Putting this out for discussion regarding fairness based on the following:
1) In majority of cases the bowler chosen by the team bowling first would more than likely have bowled the last overs and be required to bowl again whereas with the team batting second bowlers will have had 20 0vers rest plus the super over.
2) Mentally the fielding team would be drained due to the closeness of the match and then have to carry on again.
It was only over the shoulder because he was ducking more than you see Mathieson duck on that ground. It's over the shoulder from an upright standing position.

Agree Cuttings ones were on the harsh side though, the first one didn't seem like it was.

Ringo

Thanks for the clarification PB from your experience.

Jukes

Got my grand final tickets :') carn the scorchers

Ringo

Quote from: Jukes on January 26, 2017, 05:58:19 PM
Wear something outrageous so we can see you in the crowd.  ;) Should be a good game and are you going early for the WWBL final as well.

Jukes

Quote from: Ringo on January 26, 2017, 07:25:34 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 26, 2017, 05:58:19 PM
Wear something outrageous so we can see you in the crowd.  ;) Should be a good game and are you going early for the WWBL final as well.

I'd wear my dons guernsey, but last time I wore that to the cricket my arms and shoulders got extremely burnt :P I won't be going to the women's game I'm afraid, will be busy up until like 2 and then have to actually make it to the ground. Hopefully we can do the double!

PowerBug

JBs-Hawks

Jukes

Shout out to this showerty bias comp scheduling making us play at 4:15 in high-30s temp so that it's not too late for the eastern states viewers

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on January 28, 2017, 04:53:45 PM
Shout out to this showerty bias comp scheduling making us play at 4:15 in high-30s temp so that it's not too late for the eastern states viewers
Don't complain too much, be thankful they're playing in the west and not at the G!

elephants

Quote from: Nige on January 28, 2017, 06:36:17 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 28, 2017, 04:53:45 PM
Don't complain too much, be thankful they're playing in the west and not at the G!

No chance of that hapenning ;) Vics are too useless ;p