FPL and EPL 2017/18 thread

Started by PowerBug, July 12, 2017, 11:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

City have 4 CS in a row now, only conceded to Everton and Bournemouth. Their next 5 are Stoke (H), Burnley (H), West Brom (A), Arsenal (H), Leicester (A) followed by 3 more good ones. Spurs meanwhile have what Daz mentioned above. So I guess I should go Otamendi if I get a top defender this week.

As for Naughton yeah he was on for 3 Bonus which was super frustrating, they do have Huddersfield at home this week but Leicester and Arsenal games are ones he gets benched in. Thanks to Stephen Ward for picking up 12 points last night, gee Burnley looked good (Everton were terrible as well).

Firmino is 100% going especially as he's not even starting anymore. I'd like Jesus but might just settle for Vardy. And Mhkitaryan will go as the United fixtures turn now and I can't see Jose going for 4-0 wins in these games. So if I went to Vardy and Silva with those two it'll give some City coverage for the next GW, then after that I could turn Brady to RLC and Hoedt up to Otamendi leaving me with:

Alonso, Kola, Otamendi, Ward (Naughton)
Salah, Silva, RLC (Carroll, Chalobah)
Kane, Lukaku, Vardy

Heading into GW9. Then look towards getting Davies in for GW11 when they play Palce Home and have a great run after that.

Mongoose528

Quote from: PowerBug on October 02, 2017, 01:37:08 PM
City have 4 CS in a row now, only conceded to Everton and Bournemouth. Their next 5 are Stoke (H), Burnley (H), West Brom (A), Arsenal (H), Leicester (A) followed by 3 more good ones. Spurs meanwhile have what Daz mentioned above. So I guess I should go Otamendi if I get a top defender this week.

As for Naughton yeah he was on for 3 Bonus which was super frustrating, they do have Huddersfield at home this week but Leicester and Arsenal games are ones he gets benched in. Thanks to Stephen Ward for picking up 12 points last night, gee Burnley looked good (Everton were terrible as well).

Firmino is 100% going especially as he's not even starting anymore. I'd like Jesus but might just settle for Vardy. And Mhkitaryan will go as the United fixtures turn now and I can't see Jose going for 4-0 wins in these games. So if I went to Vardy and Silva with those two it'll give some City coverage for the next GW, then after that I could turn Brady to RLC and Hoedt up to Otamendi leaving me with:

Alonso, Kola, Otamendi, Ward (Naughton)
Salah, Silva, RLC (Carroll, Chalobah)
Kane, Lukaku, Vardy

Heading into GW9. Then look towards getting Davies in for GW11 when they play Palce Home and have a great run after that.

Yeah, Mhki is gone for me as well. In comes Silva who has looked superb. According to those that watched the Chelsea game, Silva was excellent.

"As a non-Silva owner it was a horrible game to watch. Whenever he has the ball he looks like he's going to make something happen. Could've scored 2-3 times and played some dangerous passes into Sane/Sterling. The way city are playing I wouldn't be surprised if their next 3 games are 5-0."

Menzel Washington

So I've gone and done something I've never done before and that's completely ignore the defence. Usually I have 1 or 2 top quality guys there, then fill with cheapies, but I've gone with an experiment and now only have guys who cost less than 5, with the most expensive at 4.7. Means I've been able to stack the fowards and mids. Thoughts on this team?

Foster (Elliot)
Lascelles, Naughton, Hegazi (Zanka, Gomez)
Silva, Mkhi, Salah, Brady (Groß)
Morata, Lukaku, Jesus

Very strong front 6, then can rotate defenders depending on who they are playing on a weekly basis...

PowerBug

I'd be wanting Burnley defensive coverage if you are going that cheap. Ward, Tarkowski or Mee are all awesome picks. Double West Brom is probably worth jumping off as well. And you should get Harry Kane somehow because he is better than every other striker in the EPL (But those three you'd expect goals from each week so maybe leave that transfer for a couple of weeks).

The front 6 are good, but I think going Brady and Grob is a waste because you can only play one of them a week and expectation of a return is quite low. If you turned one (or both) to 4.5 mids and then upgraded a defender to a top back I think it'll net more points overall. With a lot of teams playing wing backs grabbing guys that are listed as defenders but playing WB will net attacking and defensive returns.

Quote from: EazyMoney on October 02, 2017, 01:55:59 PM
Yeah, Mhki is gone for me as well. In comes Silva who has looked superb. According to those that watched the Chelsea game, Silva was excellent.

"As a non-Silva owner it was a horrible game to watch. Whenever he has the ball he looks like he's going to make something happen. Could've scored 2-3 times and played some dangerous passes into Sane/Sterling. The way city are playing I wouldn't be surprised if their next 3 games are 5-0."
Could it be worth going Sterling instead for 7.9 if he will be putting the goals away?

Mongoose528

Quote from: PowerBug on October 02, 2017, 04:48:30 PM
I'd be wanting Burnley defensive coverage if you are going that cheap. Ward, Tarkowski or Mee are all awesome picks. Double West Brom is probably worth jumping off as well. And you should get Harry Kane somehow because he is better than every other striker in the EPL (But those three you'd expect goals from each week so maybe leave that transfer for a couple of weeks).

The front 6 are good, but I think going Brady and Grob is a waste because you can only play one of them a week and expectation of a return is quite low. If you turned one (or both) to 4.5 mids and then upgraded a defender to a top back I think it'll net more points overall. With a lot of teams playing wing backs grabbing guys that are listed as defenders but playing WB will net attacking and defensive returns.

Quote from: EazyMoney on October 02, 2017, 01:55:59 PM

Could it be worth going Sterling instead for 7.9 if he will be putting the goals away?

I think Silva is worth the $$. This is someone's thoughts on Sterling:

"Played ok imo on the right wing, looked threatening at times but sometimes his final ball lets him down.
Silva was the one shooting the most amongst the midfielders while Azpi dealt with Sane pretty well."

Mongoose528

Nige

I'm struggling to break get more than like 50ish most weeks haha.

Already used the wildcard too.

I'm thinking that Mkhi might have to go.

Sterling looks good but idk how I'll get him in.

Tad worried about Jesus with Aguero returning.

Still can't get my captain right either (apart from that one week where I had Morata captain).

Mongoose528

Quote from: Nige on October 15, 2017, 11:15:59 AM

Still can't get my captain right either (apart from that one week where I had Morata captain).

Yeah, Mkhi has to go, City are scoring for fun. A city mid is essential currently.

Spite

Quote from: EazyMoney on October 15, 2017, 11:22:46 AM
Quote from: Nige on October 15, 2017, 11:15:59 AM

Yeah, Mkhi has to go, City are scoring for fun. A city mid is essential currently.

If you copped the price drop though, I wouldn't be rushing to trade mhki out against huddlesfield this week, especially with the likely return of Kun meaning a city mid will be benched and we aren't sure which one yet

PowerBug

I made Mkhi to Sterling for last night's game, thankfully :P Also turned Firmino into Vardy, he really needs to perform for me now. Sitting on 34 with Elliot, Hoedt and Vardy to come (Brady 2 at E1). Pretty average week so far Sterling and Naughton were the only two to get any returns.

My premium backs are testing my patience but I know when I transfer them out they will get attacking returns. So Alonso and Kolasinac are going nowhere, and I'd like to add a 3rd from somewhere.

Only transfer I'm looking at for this week is Brady -> RLC, but I very easily could hold and use two the following. Or I could do that and Foster -> DDG to get United coverage

PowerBug

I'm going to hold because I can't justify a hit just to change keepers, and Brady -> RLC just to change my E1 isn't really doing anything so I may as well wait a week and have 2 to use next week

Nige

PowerBug

If I made those transfers I discussed above I'd be on 9 with 3 + C to play. As it is I'm on 21 at least but it's still horrendous. Will definitely be using 3 transfers this week.

elephants

Quote from: Nige on October 21, 2017, 10:02:34 AM
Forgot the GW started early...

Haha same! But I should win my h2h which is all I really care about.

Otamendi huge and my midfield delivers again! Assists for KDB, Pascal and Ritchie ;D

Will defs be using both FTs next week. Can't justify using my wildcard just yet

PowerBug

As for the EPL itself, flower we need to win tonight. Wenger won't last the week if we lose to this Everton team.