FPL and EPL 2017/18 thread

Started by PowerBug, July 12, 2017, 11:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mongoose528

Quote from: PowerBug on August 08, 2017, 10:28:05 PM
Looks good. I think I have some of my side worked out (Namely my front 3), but it'd be cool to know who the new/lesser known sides will be starting with (Especially Newcastle) so I'll do some research over the next few days.

Here's a list of team guides if you need some more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comments/6rxo0z/updated_team_guides_list/

Koop

fpladdicts.com is what I use mostly. I'll have to check out the FPL reddit :)

Spite

Fantasyfootballscout.co.uk is by far the best FPL website and it's not even close. Some of the other sites are laughable in their suggestions

Mongoose528

Quote from: Spite on August 09, 2017, 03:01:05 AM
Fantasyfootballscout.co.uk is by far the best FPL website and it's not even close. Some of the other sites are laughable in their suggestions

I would recommend fpl reddit as well, people there are very helpful with their analysis and tips.

PowerBug

Menzel Washington

This is the team I've come up with... Any thoughts?
Haven't played it for a few years  :-\

Mongoose528

Quote from: PowerBug on August 09, 2017, 11:45:27 PM

Where I sit now.

Pretty similar PB, except Mkhi and Jay Rod over Tadic and Chica, and a different defence.

PowerBug

After Danny Rose's comments today, Ben Davies anyone?

PowerBug

Good luck people :) Up the Gunners as well :D

Mongoose528

Nige

Is it worth making this a megathread for both FPL and EPL discussion? Dunno whether there's enough traffic through here to warrant different threads.

Quote from: EazyMoney on August 12, 2017, 07:41:42 AM
Anyone have Vardy?
Had to talk myself out of it.

But then I realised I probably needed 2/3 of Kane/Aguero/Lukaku and once Chicarito signed for the Hammers I couldn't ignore him at that price.

Menzel Washington

This is what I ended up going with. A shame Trippier was injured to start the season, will bring him in in a few weeks time...

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on August 12, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
Is it worth making this a megathread for both FPL and EPL discussion? Dunno whether there's enough traffic through here to warrant different threads.
Let's do it :)

Consider this a thread for both FPL and EPL chat :)

elephants

Goal and Assist for Salah and a goal for Hegazy! Fair to say thats a nice start, hopefully West Brom and Southampton can hold for for clean sheets too!

Only poor choice was Jrod for Rooney based on fixtures

Mongoose528

Quote from: elephants on August 13, 2017, 01:57:16 AM
Goal and Assist for Salah and a goal for Hegazy! Fair to say thats a nice start, hopefully West Brom and Southampton can hold for for clean sheets too!

Only poor choice was Jrod for Rooney based on fixtures

Jrod was excellent, he did everything but score. I wouldn't transfer him out at all.