Main Menu

Cooney future

Started by Ringo, August 01, 2013, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-01/work-to-do-to-keep-cooney-mccartney

As the article states Dogs have work to do if they wish to retain Cooney,  From what I have read Dogs are only prepared to offer Cooney a one year contract whereas he is seeking 2.  Surely based on his form this year and apparent complete recovery from injury and being only 27 you would offer a 2 year contract to him. If he was 31+ I could understand the year contract.

The one saving grace for Dogs though as a restricted free agent they are able to match offers.

Toga

I think he's returning to his gun form, definitely should give him a longer contract.

Plenty of other clubs would have to be interested you'd think, maybe even the Crows if he wants to return home to SA.

Capper

Wouldnt be surprised if he takes a trip up the Hume to join GWS on a 3 year deal.

GWS need better quality mids to deliver the ball into the forward line to buddy, JC and Patton.

The current crop are still learning the trade

its me lads

Still not happy with Cooney when he bagged SA in his Brownlow speech ( think it was that). I don't really think we need him but he would help us and is definitely a gun.

Ziplock

GWS should grab cooney and cross.

elephants

Was in ripping form on the weekend. Hope he sticks around at the Dogs but if he left you'd hope the Doggies could get a KPP in return. If they had a better target up front they'd start to look pretty dangerous!

woofy

Quote from: meow meow on August 07, 2013, 12:21:12 AM
If Cooney is going anywhere it will be to Hawthorn. It's all up to big Lance.

Haha Cooney for Buddy? hrmzzzzzzzzzzz

the flying hawk

Hawthorn want cooney as all clubs would, I would like to see him stay at the kennel as much as i want him at the hawks.

Capper

Quote from: meow meow on August 15, 2013, 06:28:48 PM
Quote from: woofy on August 13, 2013, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 07, 2013, 12:21:12 AM
If Cooney is going anywhere it will be to Hawthorn. It's all up to big Lance.

Haha Cooney for Buddy? hrmzzzzzzzzzzz

No. If Franklin leaves for GWS that means the Hawks have an extra million dollars to throw at free agents. Their midfield lacks pace and Cooney's best mate at the Dogs was Brian Lake; who has been trying to convince Cooney to join Hawthorn and have another crack at a premiership.
Just what an aging midfield needs

Mailman the 2nd

I think if the bulldogs keep the great form for the next two weeks he'll be convinced to stay

Ringo