Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 22, 2018, 10:44:20 AM
A Quiet Place

Saw all the awesome reviews so went and watched it

Clearly over-hyped, because we both felt it was quite average, even boring

I've heard it's one of those movies not to watch in the cinema just because of the use of silence, cows chewing on popcorn, rustling chips packets etc ruins it.  I'm definitely keen to see it, I love everything horror, but will wait for this one to watch in a dark room with complete silence.

Gandalf123

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 05, 2018, 01:11:52 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 22, 2018, 10:44:20 AM
A Quiet Place

Saw all the awesome reviews so went and watched it

Clearly over-hyped, because we both felt it was quite average, even boring

I've heard it's one of those movies not to watch in the cinema just because of the use of silence, cows chewing on popcorn, rustling chips packets etc ruins it.  I'm definitely keen to see it, I love everything horror, but will wait for this one to watch in a dark room with complete silence.
Yep that’s what I’d do if I had my time again,  good movie but would be better without hearing every bite or drink someone has in the theatre!

Keeper27

Game Night is worth a watch.
had a few good laughs at that movie

jvalles69

Really enjoyed A Quiet Place, however there were no scary moments at all, just a sense of what's going to happen next.  They showed the creatures way too early as well, but they were prob one of the best creature designs I've seen in a long time.  I saw somewhere else comparing it to Signs which I definitely get due to how it ends.  Love Krasinski and Blunt too so that helps.  The missus even enjoyed it even though she hates anything to do with sci fi/monster.

jvalles69

Jamie Foxx has been cast as Spawn, didn't feel great about it to start, but I'm warming to the idea based on older parts he's played.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 30, 2018, 11:55:20 PM
Jamie Foxx has been cast as Spawn, didn't feel great about it to start, but I'm warming to the idea based on older parts he's played.

Love Spawn... hope the movie does it justice

kilbluff1985

kilbluff1985

saw new antman today was pretty good

enzedder

Nige

Finally saw Deadpool 2 yesterday and loved it. So many great little easter eggs and stuff.

Ant Man and The Wasp is definitely next on the list.

kilbluff1985

yeah when i say pretty good i mean above average

enzedder

Adrift was good.
Shailene Woodley (Divergent, The Descendants) was great in the lead role and Sam Clafin (Hunger Games- Finnick Odair) was excellent as well.
Real life/ survival stories are my go to genre so I was always going to see it. It's a pleasing watch and based on real life events. Will read her book now.

kilbluff1985

which is the best movie out of

goonies
the sandlot
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
the breakfast club

i cant decide between the sandlot and the breakfast club

enzedder

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 04, 2018, 09:35:13 PM
which is the best movie out of

goonies
the sandlot
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
the breakfast club

i cant decide between the sandlot and the breakfast club
Been 20-30 years since I've watched them haha but Ferris Bueller's Day off gets my nod of the 3 I've seen. Sandlot the one I haven't.

kilbluff1985

you dont get a vote then you filthy amateur