Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Blended is on TV atm. Just walked into the lounge.
Me: "This is a shower movie"
Mrs: "No it's not. It's funny"
Me: "Yeah...it's funny"
Sigh.
Anger Management is one of my favourite films and Happy Gilmore appeals as a golfer but the vast majority of Sandler's other stuff doesn't cut it.

LF

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 29, 2017, 07:49:50 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 29, 2017, 02:14:24 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2017, 09:08:55 PM
Lion dvdscreener is out downloading it now looks good keen to watch it

must watch movie

i suggest avoid watching the trailer though

Wowsers.  :'(  I remember on the news when the 2 mums met for the first time.  Poor Guddu.  :'( :'(

Just finished watching this and it is excellent,a must watch

BoredSaint

Finally got round to watching Arrival. Brilliant movie :D

kilbluff1985

Passengers

watched tonight thought was ok better than expected

Nige

Return of Xander Cage is probably a movie to see if you're only really in it to see non stop action and a few cheap laughs.

kilbluff1985

either i don't remember seeing or have not watched The Dictator seen a trailer while looking up best comedies about to watch it but

Cookie Monster

kilbluff1985

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Cookie Monster on February 08, 2017, 12:34:01 PM
Anyone one seen the big short?

2015 movie?

Yeah I watched it back then, pretty good tbh

BoredSaint

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2017, 01:23:39 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on February 08, 2017, 12:34:01 PM
Anyone one seen the big short?

2015 movie?

Yeah I watched it back then, pretty good tbh
yeah not bad if you know anything about economics. GF was a bit confused and fell asleep LOL

enzedder

Quote from: enzedder on January 29, 2017, 08:25:54 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on January 29, 2017, 07:49:50 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 29, 2017, 02:14:24 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2017, 09:08:55 PM
Lion dvdscreener is out downloading it now looks good keen to watch it

must watch movie

i suggest avoid watching the trailer though

Wowsers.  :'(  I remember on the news when the 2 mums met for the first time.  Poor Guddu.  :'( :'(
read the book and had hoped to see it by now... will soon enough.
Saw it tonight. Great movie.

Jukes

Watched 3 movies today

1. The Founder - pretty decent movie, delicious subject matter. Keaton was better in this than in (the overrated) Birdman, plus a few solid supporting acts. 8/10
2. Lion - reasonable, bit boring and wasn't as emotional as I expected (although that may have been spoiled by me knowing what had happened before watching it). 7/10
3. Conjuring - currently watching at midnight, it's like I want to have no sleep tonight (and tomorrow and Monday). Still great. 9/10

GoLions

Was really surprised at how well they did the Beauty and the Beast live action remake

Nige

Oh yeah, I saw Lion a while back. Thought it was actually pretty damn good except for being unnecessarily drawn out in some parts which made it a bit of a bore, a few things just seemed oddly thrown in for no good reason or left unexplained/unexplored. Dev Patel's Aussie accent was spot on though. If you didn't know he wasn't Aussie, you'd be excused for thinking he was.

Nige

Lego Batman was actually pretty good to be honest, or at least a lot better than I expected. It was really funny in some parts and there were some really good references and jokes that younger audiences wouldn't understand or appreciate. The cast (voices) was pretty cool too. 7.5/10, I'd recommend it if you're a Batman/DC fan.