Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2016, 08:50:01 AM
Went and watched The Girl on the Train on the weekend. Haven't read the book but quite enjoyed it. Definitely felt similar to Gone Girl

Was real keen to see this, but have heard Gone Girl and Prisoners were a fair bit better in way of thrillers?

jvalles69

Had a chance to watch a couple of movies last night and take a night off from TV shows, lol.

Bad Moms - I pissed myself at many occasions in this movie, and prob got a boner a couple of times, 10/10?  ;D  Nah, one of my fave comedies of all time is Old School, this was pretty close to a chick version of that.  Recommend if you want a comedy where thinking is not necessary and you wish to be entertained. 7/10

Blood Father - Run of the mill action movie, but was good to see Mel on the screen a again.  It's a good lead up to Hacksaw Ridge which he directed and looks epic. 6/10

Gandalf123

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 20, 2016, 11:22:00 AM
Went and watched The Girl on the Train on the weekend. Haven't read the book but quite enjoyed it. Definitely felt similar to Gone Girl

Was real keen to see this, but have heard Gone Girl and Prisoners were a fair bit better in way of thrillers?

Haven't seen girl on the train yet but prisoners is the better one out of it and gone girl, but not by much

jvalles69

Quote from: Gandalf123 on October 21, 2016, 05:54:16 PM

Haven't seen girl on the train yet but prisoners is the better one out of it and gone girl, but not by much

Yeah I though they were both pretty damn good, its not often a really good Thriller comes along.  Primal Fear, Se7en, Usual Suspects are 3 of the best that come to mind.

GoLions

Gandalf123

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 21, 2016, 06:05:13 PM
Quote from: Gandalf123 on October 21, 2016, 05:54:16 PM

Yeah I though they were both pretty damn good, its not often a really good Thriller comes along.  Primal Fear, Se7en, Usual Suspects are 3 of the best that come to mind.

90s thrillers are on another level

RaisyDaisy

Watched Bad Moms last night too and would give it a 7 also

No boner moments for me though :P

Good flick to watch with the misses

Nige

Gonna see Doctor Strange on Thursday, pretty keen for it. Me and my mates have been pretty hyped for this one for ages now.

kilbluff1985

Nige

Just came back from seeing Masterminds. Pretty interesting story (based on a true story) retold in a pretty entertaining way.

kilbluff1985

which movies are you guys looking forward to over christmas?

doesn't seem like there are many blockbuster movies coming out around christmas week like usual

Big Mac

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2016, 11:10:56 AM
Gonna see Doctor Strange on Thursday, pretty keen for it. Me and my mates have been pretty hyped for this one for ages now.

How'd you find it? Wasn't my favourite movie, decent but dragged on a bit in some parts

LF

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 07, 2016, 09:26:54 PM

doesn't seem like there are many blockbuster movies coming out around christmas week like usual

I know it's a kids movie but ever since I watched the trailer/preview of it been hanging to see Sing

Hellopplz

Quote from: LF on November 07, 2016, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 07, 2016, 09:26:54 PM

I know it's a kids movie but ever since I watched the trailer/preview of it been hanging to see Sing
I want to see Sing as well! I'm a sucker for kids' movies.

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 07, 2016, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2016, 11:10:56 AM

How'd you find it? Wasn't my favourite movie, decent but dragged on a bit in some parts
Just saw this, mb. I thought it was fairly good, some of the special effects were full on and it definitely dragged on a little in parts for sure.