Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 29, 2016, 12:29:14 PM
Quote from: Keeper27 on June 29, 2016, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 26, 2016, 11:23:28 PM
Just watched Warcraft, I never really played he game and was expecting a terrible movie, but it was entertaining enough.  Good plan seeing a movie with very low expectations I've found.

I thought it was pretty avg TBH
TV actors just don't seem to have the right presence on the big screen as actual movie actors

Right!  What the hell was that guy doing talking in Ragnar's voice?!

Bad. TV actors look great on TV but actual movie actors are just a level above.
i see it more now that I've finished season 4 of house of cards.
spacey destroys everyone else on that show.

i DL'ed BvS (extended ultimate edition) and gave that shambles of a movie another crack because I've read that this version actually makes the movie watchable.
I gotta agree, the story actually flowed well, it didn't seem as rushed (still had a lot of story to fit into 3 hrs), and it was 100000x more enjoyable than what i had watched a few months back.
is it on Civil War level?? No, but its a huge step up from the theatrical release.
6.5/10

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 12, 2016, 11:21:09 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 04, 2016, 02:53:07 PM
should i watch zoolander 2? wasnt even a big fan of the first
If you weren't a fan of the first, I don't recommend the second. Even if you were a fan of the first, I don't recommend the second :P.

garbage movie, 2/10

Brothers Grimsby just as bad. 2/10

X-men: age of apocalypse was pretty avg IMO, they ruined a few characters for me, 6.5/10

Nige

Going to see Central Intelligence tomorrow, I expect it to be the standard action/comedy film and nothing overly special. Hopefully Kevin Hart shines.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on June 30, 2016, 11:11:45 AM
Going to see Central Intelligence tomorrow, I expect it to be the standard action/comedy film and nothing overly special. Hopefully Kevin Hart shines.

I'm seeing it tomorrow night too

Not expecting much - a few laughs will do

Ricochet

Quote from: Keeper27 on June 30, 2016, 11:07:24 AM
i DL'ed BvS (extended ultimate edition) and gave that shambles of a movie another crack because I've read that this version actually makes the movie watchable.
I gotta agree, the story actually flowed well, it didn't seem as rushed (still had a lot of story to fit into 3 hrs), and it was 100000x more enjoyable than what i had watched a few months back.
is it on Civil War level?? No, but its a huge step up from the theatrical release.
6.5/10
Oh really?? I might give it another go too

GoLions

Finally saw The Revenant yesterday. Thought Leo's acting was superb. Movie wasn't amazing though, just alright. Tbh of all the movies I've seen with Leo in them, I probably enjoyed this one the least :P

Keeper27

Quote from: GoLions on June 30, 2016, 12:52:30 PM
Finally saw The Revenant yesterday. Thought Leo's acting was superb. Movie wasn't amazing though, just alright. Tbh of all the movies I've seen with Leo in them, I probably enjoyed this one the least :P

Exactly how I felt about the movie.

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 30, 2016, 11:21:46 AM
Quote from: Nige on June 30, 2016, 11:11:45 AM

I'm seeing it tomorrow night too

Not expecting much - a few laughs will do
Plans got cancelled, rip.

RaisyDaisy

kilbluff1985

watching The Nice Guys

really dumb movie imo big let down

Hellopplz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 02, 2016, 01:17:40 AM
CI was enjoyable to watch :)
I found it predictable but still enjoyable! Rock and Hart some good chemistry so carried the movie. Worth a watch for those looking for a comedy this month 8).

jvalles69

Watched Whisky, Tango Foxtrot and 13 Hours: Soldiers of Benghazzi back to back.  Preferred the former, the latter I stuggled to keep interested in.  WTF had a great cast and really good characters.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 07, 2016, 06:26:19 PM
Watched Whisky, Tango Foxtrot and 13 Hours: Soldiers of Benghazzi back to back.  Preferred the former, the latter I stuggled to keep interested in.  WTF had a great cast and really good characters.

Definitely wasn't what you come to expect from Tina Fey. I liked it too

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 07, 2016, 07:00:59 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 07, 2016, 06:26:19 PM

Definitely wasn't what you come to expect from Tina Fey. I liked it too

Definitely, I'm not a massive fan of her comedy, but was fantastic in this.

enzedder

Independence Day: Resergence... Don't bother.
Sherpa... Very good documentary if interested in Everest/ mountaineering.
Pele: birth of a legend... Only saw first hour on plane b4 landing at Auckland on Monday but am going to see it again for ending... really enjoyable and will appeal to those who enjoy sport biographies.
Eddie the Eagle... Enjoyable light hearted, feel good movie. As I expected. Won't go down as one of the greatest movies of all time but was worth the watch, won't watch it again. I remember seeing the Winter Calgary Olympics as a kid and Eddie the Eagle was a hero for just landing in one piece.

GoLions

That summation in A Time To Kill never disappoints