Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 31, 2016, 08:22:43 PM
just watched netflix movie The Do Over wasnt thinking it would be good but sister told me it was better then expected and i agree

Netflix saved Adam Sandler

The ridiculous six  .. was the same  ;D

Jukes

Went and saw the Conjuring 2 yesterday, probably overtakes the Nice Guys as the best film of 2016 imo. Rather spooky with a good mix of jump scares and tension scares right through the movie, with three equally interesting and scary villains (counting the crooked man and Valak as different even tho they're kinda the same). High quality acting from both the big actors (Wilson and Farmiga), the adult lesser-name actors, and the child actors, who were very good for child actors. Solid 9/10, which is basically a 10/10 for horror movies. Pretty much a must-see for any horror fan tbh.

jvalles69

Quote from: Jukes on June 10, 2016, 04:22:13 PM
Went and saw the Conjuring 2 yesterday, probably overtakes the Nice Guys as the best film of 2016 imo. Rather spooky with a good mix of jump scares and tension scares right through the movie, with three equally interesting and scary villains (counting the crooked man and Valak as different even tho they're kinda the same). High quality acting from both the big actors (Wilson and Farmiga), the adult lesser-name actors, and the child actors, who were very good for child actors. Solid 9/10, which is basically a 10/10 for horror movies. Pretty much a must-see for any horror fan tbh.

Awesome, can't wait!  It's meant to be better that the first one.

RaisyDaisy

Went and saw Now You See Me 2

It was decent, but nothing amazing

Felt it dragged on a little, but it was alright :)

Jukes

So I'm not easily scared (have never been really scared by a horror movie/game before or anything), but I was sleeping alone in my room for the second* time since I saw Conjuring 2 (every other night been sharing with brother or gf) and I was FREAKING out because all I could think about was flowering Valak and Crooked Man flowering my shower up until I finally fell asleep at 3-4am.

NOT FUN

*idk why I was fine the first time

Still a flowering awesome movie tho

jvalles69

Quote from: Jukes on June 18, 2016, 02:41:24 AM
So I'm not easily scared (have never been really scared by a horror movie/game before or anything), but I was sleeping alone in my room for the second* time since I saw Conjuring 2 (every other night been sharing with brother or gf) and I was FREAKING out because all I could think about was flowering Valak and Crooked Man flowering my shower up until I finally fell asleep at 3-4am.

NOT FUN

*idk why I was fine the first time

Still a flowering awesome movie tho

Apparently some 65 year old died in the cinema during a screening!  :o

RaisyDaisy

Why do I keep giving Adam Sandler chances?

Just watched The Do Over

Just another piece of crap added to the ever long list of crap Sandler movies

I actually like him as an actor - just needs to star in something that he has no part in writing, directing, producing etc but that ain't gonna happen because the only people that hire and fund Adam Sander is Adam Sandler

kilbluff1985

LF

Yeah the other half watched it and said it was ok

Just watched Finding Dory and thought that was pretty good

enzedder

Got around to seeing "The Revenant"...well worth it.

Keeper27

watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with the wife, not a bad watch TBH.
7/10

gonna watch Dory with the wife later tonight. been hearing its on par with the 1st, HUGE call. hope it does live up to it.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Keeper27 on June 26, 2016, 04:32:36 PM
watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with the wife, not a bad watch TBH.
7/10

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it. Good movie

jvalles69

Just watched Warcraft, I never really played he game and was expecting a terrible movie, but it was entertaining enough.  Good plan seeing a movie with very low expectations I've found.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 26, 2016, 11:23:28 PM
Just watched Warcraft, I never really played he game and was expecting a terrible movie, but it was entertaining enough.  Good plan seeing a movie with very low expectations I've found.

I thought it was pretty avg TBH
TV actors just don't seem to have the right presence on the big screen as actual movie actors

Watched Mr. Right and Central Intelligence
Mr. Right was a cute rom-com and the fact that Anna Kendrick was in it didn't hurt either.
6/10

Central Intelligence was OK. Had its funny moments here and there.
6/10

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on June 29, 2016, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 26, 2016, 11:23:28 PM

I thought it was pretty avg TBH
TV actors just don't seem to have the right presence on the big screen as actual movie actors

Watched Mr. Right and Central Intelligence
Mr. Right was a cute rom-com and the fact that Anna Kendrick was in it didn't hurt either.
6/10

Central Intelligence was OK. Had its funny moments here and there.
6/10

Right!  What the hell was that guy doing talking in Ragnar's voice?!