Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: Jukes on December 20, 2015, 10:19:56 PM
(although the similarities between IV and VII were far too constant).
One of the few complaints I had with it, but even then it doesn't take too much away from it being a worthy successor.

Questionable villains at this point tho - one pretty faceless and the other with some questionable power balances.

Otherwise great characters to lead it onwards! Hopefully Hamill can pull through and put in a better performance than Carrie Fisher (who was shower) for the next two.

Also a little disappointed JJ Abrams won't direct the next two. I'm a Rian Johnson fan with Brick and Looper (even tho he directed one of the worst episodes of Breaking Bad) but he's never directed anything near the scale of Star Wars. Abrams had Star Trek experience.

jvalles69

Quote from: My Chumps on December 21, 2015, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: Jukes on December 20, 2015, 10:19:56 PM
(although the similarities between IV and VII were far too constant).
One of the few complaints I had with it, but even then it doesn't take too much away from it being a worthy successor.

Questionable villains at this point tho - one pretty faceless and the other with some questionable power balances.

Otherwise great characters to lead it onwards! Hopefully Hamill can pull through and put in a better performance than Carrie Fisher (who was shower) for the next two.

Also a little disappointed JJ Abrams won't direct the next two. I'm a Rian Johnson fan with Brick and Looper (even tho he directed one of the worst episodes of Breaking Bad) but he's never directed anything near the scale of Star Wars. Abrams had Star Trek experience.

For the above comments, JJ Abrams actually stated when asked about the movie, "All that's old is new again", so it was purposefully mimicking and almost throwing homage to part IV, even close to a remake.

ADEZ

Yeah I loved that they had strong links, it was very much to introduce the new characters into a familiar setting, reckon it will springboard from here.
I quite liked Kylo's character, awesome to see a villain so fragile yet potentially terrible, provided plenty of comedic relief at times as well. Keen to see some of Snoke, fan of Andy Serkis' work.

enzedder

kilbluff1985

Spectre dvd screener is out christmas is saved

kilbluff1985

watched Everest was okish about as expected

RaisyDaisy

Anyone watched The Hateful Eight yet?

40 mins in and had to stop it. Couldn't keep my eyes open it was sending me to sleep. Will try and continue it tomorrow

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 28, 2015, 12:45:30 AM

40 mins in and had to stop it. Couldn't keep my eyes open it was sending me to sleep. Will try and continue it tomorrow

not yet

heard most people liked it though

Ziplock

Quote from: ADEZ on December 22, 2015, 01:31:35 AM
Yeah I loved that they had strong links, it was very much to introduce the new characters into a familiar setting, reckon it will springboard from here.
I quite liked Kylo's character, awesome to see a villain so fragile yet potentially terrible, provided plenty of comedic relief at times as well. Keen to see some of Snoke, fan of Andy Serkis' work.

fyi, snoke is the showertest villain name :P

Loved the movie though.

What do you guys think? Ren's Luke's daughter and Snoke is Darth Plagueis?

enzedder

Saw Star Wars VII tonight... Lots to like. Sets the scene nicely for more. Enjoyed the mix of old and new. Will watch this again and again and probably again.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: enzedder on December 29, 2015, 09:02:54 PM
Saw Star Wars VII tonight... Lots to like. Sets the scene nicely for more. Enjoyed the mix of old and new. Will watch this again and again and probably again.

got village cinema voucher for christmas to see it but going to wait until Monday i think or will be busy

going to see it in gold class anyway but only $30 during the day only like $10 extra well worth it for such a long movie

cant decide 2d or 3d though

Grufflez

Quentin Tarrantino,  you either love him or hate him Django & Pulp fiction were ok but i am not really a fan.

enzedder

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 29, 2015, 09:25:15 PM
Quote from: enzedder on December 29, 2015, 09:02:54 PM

got village cinema voucher for christmas to see it but going to wait until Monday i think or will be busy

going to see it in gold class anyway but only $30 during the day only like $10 extra well worth it for such a long movie

cant decide 2d or 3d though
Enjoy!

enzedder

Quote from: Grufflez on December 30, 2015, 04:27:33 AM

Quentin Tarrantino,  you either love him or hate him Django & Pulp fiction were ok but i am not really a fan.
Both Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs would feature in my Top 10.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: enzedder on December 30, 2015, 06:10:17 AM
Quote from: Grufflez on December 30, 2015, 04:27:33 AM

Both Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs would feature in my Top 10.

I like his movies, but I need to watch this new one when I'm fresh and focussed, not late at night like it was when I started it

Went and saw Daddy's Home last night. Enjoyed it :)