Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

jvalles69

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 19, 2015, 02:29:03 PM
guys

Beasts of No Nation

must watch

Just go back from 2 weeks holiday and have all my catchups lined up, but this one comes first!

Jukes

Note: minor spoilers

Went and saw Crimson Peak tonight, thought it was really good - Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska were fantastic (and fantastically beautiful), nice amounts of horror, drama, fantasy, and romance, flowed well and had a lot of great metaphors (such as the butterflies and the colour red). Wasn't as scary as I thought, but was made up for by suspense and eeriness.

One thing I remember strongly from the movie is where Edith describes her novel/script as "not a ghost story but a story with a ghost in it", which very accurately describes this film - I thought the ghosts would play a larger role, but they're just one small part of the complete narrative.

I'd say it's almost as good as Pan's Labyrinth for del Toro's best film, 9/10

jvalles69

Finally got to watch The Gift last night, that is one creepy, disturbing thriller.  Recomended if good pschological thrillers are your thing.

T Dog

Bridge of Spies was well worth a look. Tom Hanks is a star.

jvalles69

jvalles69

Just saw The Martian, thought it was great!  The humour in is was fantastic too.  Matt Damon!

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 08, 2015, 01:33:48 AM
Just saw The Martian, thought it was great!  The humour in is was fantastic too.  Matt Damon!

jvalles69

Bill Manspeaker

nah I'm not a hater, that's just the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear/see his name

that's how I read that :P

if ya haven't seen Team America, watch it immediately :P

jvalles69

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 08, 2015, 03:37:30 PM
nah I'm not a hater, that's just the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear/see his name

that's how I read that :P

if ya haven't seen Team America, watch it immediately :P

Haha, that was actually how I meant it, but I'm a Damon fan, and that meme just came to me so I felt I had to create it!  If you see The Martian, you'll get it! ;)

fanTCfool

Have 5 tickets to burn, what's worth going to see?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 08, 2015, 04:21:55 PM
Have 5 tickets to burn, what's worth going to see?

save them for the Boxing day movies

PICCOLLO