Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Off to see Ted 2 tomorrow with a mate.

The first was one was great, sincerely hoping this one lives up to the original.

My Chumps

Quote from: Nige on July 06, 2015, 11:03:35 PM
Off to see Ted 2 tomorrow with a mate.

The first was one was great, sincerely hoping this one lives up to the original.
[spoiler]it won't be[/spoiler]

Jukes

Ted legitimately makes the average Will Ferrell or Kevin Hart movie look good

Hellopplz

Went to see Inside Out yesterday with Niece/Nephew and enjoyed it a heap :D. Interesting take on Emotions but was still fun and had many feels involved. One of the movies I wanted to watch this holidays and didn't disappoint :).

Nige

Ted 2 wasn't that great as a whole, but a lot of the jokes were stupidly funny so I had a good laugh watching it for the most part because I enjoy stuff like that.

A lot of cool cameos and the cast was pretty good, that helped it. Probably like 7/10, maybe a tad generous.

Original was definitely better.

My Chumps

Quote from: Jukes on July 06, 2015, 11:31:02 PM
First one was alright but the second one looks awful.

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 08, 2015, 12:16:28 AM
Went to see Inside Out yesterday with Niece/Nephew and enjoyed it a heap :D. Interesting take on Emotions but was still fun and had many feels involved. One of the movies I wanted to watch this holidays and didn't disappoint :).
Inside Out was stellar! Absolutely loved it. Definitely the best film I've seen this year.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: My Chumps on July 08, 2015, 12:21:40 AM
Quote from: Jukes on July 06, 2015, 11:31:02 PM
First one was alright but the second one looks awful.

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 08, 2015, 12:16:28 AM
Inside Out was stellar! Absolutely loved it. Definitely the best film I've seen this year.
Guess I'll have to see Inside out.

Mat0369

Quote from: Pkbaldy on May 11, 2015, 09:57:39 AM
Yeah but isn't Killer Croc supposed to be like 8 ft tall? He's like 6'3 haha. Unless they find a way to make him seem bigger in the movie... Im going into this one with 0 expectations, which is a good thing I guess.

I know someone was complaining about Vincent D'Onofrio playing Kingpin in Daredevil for the reason he doesn't physically look huge, especially compared to Daredevil. And speaking of The Punisher, Shane from the Walking Dead is going to play The Punisher in Daredevil.

I have seen 3 movies over the last month and a bit.

I watched Entourage on Queens Bday. I thought it was alright, but it was basically a 2hr reunion special and it didn't feel like anything happened for the entire film. I will probably watch it again when it comes out on blu ray but it was a tiny let down.

Jurassic World was pretty good. It had some cheesy bits and I had an ending in my head that I would have preferred they all should have died, but the effects were brilliant and it was a fun watch.

I also watched Terminator Genisys the other night. The CGI of young Arnie was fricken awesome. The close up was amazing. It was interesting to see an alternate timeline. There were a couple of things I wasn't a fan of that they changed but oh well. Emilia Clarke looked like a young Linda Hamilton in some of the scenes so it was a decent casting job in that aspect, she was pretty meh as a Sarah Connor though. For as much crap as people give Jai Courtney he did a decent job as Kyle Reese. Arnie is still awesome, it will be interesting to see if they try and make another sequel, I am not sure how I feel about that.

TomK

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 08, 2015, 10:21:51 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on May 11, 2015, 09:57:39 AM
Yeah but isn't Killer Croc supposed to be like 8 ft tall? He's like 6'3 haha. Unless they find a way to make him seem bigger in the movie... Im going into this one with 0 expectations, which is a good thing I guess.
And speaking of The Punisher, Shane from the Walking Dead is going to play The Punisher in Daredevil.
Yeah heard about that. Super pumped for it.

My Chumps

I had an ending in my head that I would have preferred they all should have died, but the effects were brilliant and it was a fun watch.
Hahaha not bad!

Big fan of the show (at least for the first few seasons) and yeah I thought Entourage was a bit shower. Went with a bunch of mates though and got moderately drunk before hand so it was a pretty ripe laugh.

Jurassic World was alright. Had a lot of fun watching it despite a large amount of cringeworthy dialogue/moments.

Mad Max was ace.

Inside Out up there with the best Pixar films (Toy Story 1+3, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles)

Keen for Straight Outta Compton, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Dope, Southpaw, the Amy Winehouse doco and should really get around to watching A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence.

Mat0369

I forgot about Straight Outta Compton. I haven't seen Mad Max yet but will probably just wait for the blu ray release.

My hit list of movies is probably going to be something like this

Straight Outta Compton
Fantastic Four
DBZ Resurrection F (will go with a couple of mates)
Maybe Creed as well.

There are also a few I have probably forgotten

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: My Chumps on July 08, 2015, 10:44:04 PM
I had an ending in my head that I would have preferred they all should have died, but the effects were brilliant and it was a fun watch.
Hahaha not bad!

Big fan of the show (at least for the first few seasons) and yeah I thought Entourage was a bit shower. Went with a bunch of mates though and got moderately drunk before hand so it was a pretty ripe laugh.

Jurassic World was alright. Had a lot of fun watching it despite a large amount of cringeworthy dialogue/moments.

Mad Max was ace.

Inside Out up there with the best Pixar films (Toy Story 1+3, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles)

Keen for Straight Outta Compton, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Dope, Southpaw, the Amy Winehouse doco and should really get around to watching A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence.
Flowering arts students.  :P

Hellopplz

I also watched Terminator Genisys the other night. The CGI of young Arnie was fricken awesome. The close up was amazing. It was interesting to see an alternate timeline. There were a couple of things I wasn't a fan of that they changed but oh well. Emilia Clarke looked like a young Linda Hamilton in some of the scenes so it was a decent casting job in that aspect, she was pretty meh as a Sarah Connor though. For as much crap as people give Jai Courtney he did a decent job as Kyle Reese. Arnie is still awesome, it will be interesting to see if they try and make another sequel, I am not sure how I feel about that.
Watched that tonight. The timelines are very confusing and the logic behind the going through time was pretty messed up. But had some good action and Arnie was pretty good in it! CGI Arnie looked pretty cool I got to say as well!

Jukes

I'm going with a bird to Terminator tomorrow haha (her idea, not mine)

idk who'll be hotter, her or Emilia Clarke :3

kilbluff1985