Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

yeah Grufflez don't forget everyone has there opinions on movies which can be influenced in many ways like your expectations on a move or lack of expectations

i not seen it yet but 130k people say it's 7/10 on imdb so i'm going to bet it's at least decent

if its not your cup of tea don't drink it

Nige

Oh yeah, so I ended up seeing The Gambler.

Due to my love of Mark Wahlberg, I thought it was actually pretty good. It was kinda depressing though and the ending was not what I expected.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on February 19, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Due to my love of Mark Wahlberg, I thought it was actually pretty good. It was kinda depressing though and the ending was not what I expected.

why wernt you expecting it? i was and was praying that wasnt going to be the ending through the whole movie so it lost points for it with me i wanted something different

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 19, 2015, 09:42:56 PM

why wernt you expecting it? i was and was praying that wasnt going to be the ending through the whole movie so it lost points for it with me i wanted something different
Well, I kinda saw it coming, but I thought there would have been a bit more to it if you know what I mean.

kilbluff1985

yeah i think it would have been a better ending if he actually died would have suited the movie more imo

Grufflez

I kept thinking he was running some kind of elaborate scam on people he wanted revenge on or something....i think to deeply about movie plots and usually guess most of the possibilities within the first 15 minutes lol, guess i should chill out and enjoy more.

My Chumps

Pretty pissed off about the Oscars.

The film of a generation wins a grand total of 1 award (for supporting actress no less) and Eddie 'oscarbait' Redmayne wins the best actor.

How the actor that the best picture winning film was completely based around not get the best actor award? Keaton was in just about every goddamn scene of Birdman and put in a performance for the ages. The film was genuinely made for him with the 'Batman' gimmick.

Should've been (mains):
Picture - Boyhood
Director - Inarritu
Actor - Keaton
Actress - Moore (gimme)
org. Screenplay - Grand Budapest
Animated - Lego Movie

BoredSaint

talk about being oscar bait, how Birdman is even up there really surprises me. There is like 0 plot to the movie, no direction, acting is alright which is the only thing holding the movie together. Got really bored after 30mins but had to watch as it was so highly rated.

Only won cause it was talking about the acting industry

My Chumps

Really?

I thought Birdman was one of the most enthralling films I've seen in a long time, with an innumerable amount of really terrific scenes.

Jukes

I thought it wasn't good
It wasn't bad tho
5/10
4.5 of those points for Edward Norton

Ricochet

I thought Birdman was unreal, but can see why some don't think so

LF

Grufflez

Quote from: BoredSaint on February 27, 2015, 01:33:49 PM
talk about being oscar bait, how Birdman is even up there really surprises me. There is like 0 plot to the movie, no direction, acting is alright which is the only thing holding the movie together. Got really bored after 30mins but had to watch as it was so highly rated.

Only won cause it was talking about the acting industry

imho i totally agree but then again i only got through 20 minutes of that thing...

I thought the Imitation Game based on a little known and widely uncredited real life genius/hero with a disagreeable personality (yeah that's right not the kind of hero who plays a ball sport for millions of dollars and personal gain lmfao) was a much better movie with a interesting and intelligent story to tell.

AFEV

I don't really think Alan Turing counts as little known.
Sure a lot of people would have been unaware of his personal grievances (the same can be said of vast majority of famous figures though)but the story of Engima/Bombe is extremely well known and Turing is one of the most notable computer scientists in history - the most prestigious award in the industry is named after him.

The Imitation Game is still a fine film though.
I haven't seen Birdman, but I suppose I have to now.

I watched Boyhood this afternoon, best movie I have seen in at least 3 years.

kilbluff1985

watched

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 7/10

earlier was just above average looking forward to the next one though