Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 14, 2015, 09:06:49 PM
Whiplash 8/10

better then i thought it would be

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 08, 2015, 01:08:56 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 06, 2015, 11:12:28 PM
Whiplash is now online. Looking forward to watching it because I'm a big J.K Simmons fan :)

Loved it :D

I think people who play a musical instrument would really enjoy it too

:D

kilbluff1985

i don't play an instrument lol

but yeah it made you care about the guy which is important which is what american sniper failed to do

My Chumps

Wish I had better internet at home to download. Gotta wait until I'm back at college :(

RaisyDaisy

I didn't say you had to play an instrument  ::) I said if you did then you would most likely enjoy the film

Just watched John Wick - Loved it :D

Keeper27

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 15, 2015, 04:06:32 PM
Just watched John Wick - Loved it :D

i wouldn't say i LOVED it but i enjoyed it a lot, and who doesnt enjoy a good revenge action movie??
Very SOLID action movie with great scenes and awesome fight/gun choreography.
some scenes had me like "HOLY SH!T" house scene was awesome
average story, but c'mon lets be honest who watches an action movie for the story.

slightly better than The equalizer which is pretty good.

this movie is a solid 7.5 in my books.

My Chumps

Recently watched:

The Squid and the Whale 9.1/10
The Third Man 7.8/10
The Usual Suspects 8.0/10
Winters Bone 9.3/10
Annie Hall 9.8/10

Noz

Quote from: My Chumps on January 17, 2015, 12:53:17 PM
Recently watched:

The Third Man 7.8/10
Winters Bone 9.3/10
Annie Hall 9.8/10

Why have you ranked The Squid and the Whale 9.1 and not 9 what part of the movie made you give it an extra .1?

kilbluff1985

My Chumps

Quote from: Noz on January 17, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on January 17, 2015, 12:53:17 PM
Recently watched:

The Third Man 7.8/10
Winters Bone 9.3/10
Annie Hall 9.8/10

Why have you ranked The Squid and the Whale 9.1 and not 9 what part of the movie made you give it an extra .1?
It's a 9.1 because it's slightly better than a 9. Comprende?

Noz

Saw the Imitation Game today one of the better movies I've seen in recent time.

Such a classic story and Benedict Cumberbatch portrayed Alan Turing excellent.

Keeper27

Watched Nightcrawler.
Solid movie. Good acting. Gave it a 7.5

Vinny

Quote from: Keeper27 on January 20, 2015, 08:56:09 PM
Watched Nightcrawler.
Solid movie. Good acting. Gave it a 7.5
Yeah agreed, Gyllenhall is a beast

Jukes

If anybody wants a great Gyllenhall movie, watch enemy. Loved it.

QuoteAdam Bell is a Toronto area History college professor. He is a rather somber man, largely because he is stuck in a routine, which includes a relationship with his live-in girlfriend, Mary. While watching a rental movie, he spots an actor in a bit part that looks like him. He becomes obsessed with finding out about this double of his. He learns that the actor's stage name is Daniel Saint Claire, whose legal name is Anthony Claire. Claire is a Toronto based actor with only a few on-screen credits, and is married to a woman named Helen who is currently several months pregnant. Adam then becomes obsessed with meeting Claire, who he learns upon first sighting that they look exactly the same, from the facial hair to a scar each has, but Claire who outwardly is more "put together" than Adam. Their lives become intertwined as Claire himself ends up becoming obsessed with Adam, but in a slightly different way.

AFEV

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 15, 2015, 03:10:11 AM
i don't play an instrument lol

but yeah it made you care about the guy which is important which is what american sniper failed to do
Really? I loved American Sniper. Dunno if you've ever known anyone who has done any sort of work in the Middle East but I found it really poignant relating it back to those first hand recounts I've heard over and over. Aside from that it actually explored a side of wartime that has not really been explored in media properly aside from a select few games in recent years.
I agree he wasn't exactly personable but then again I am guessing the SEAL it was based off was not either, and I was still really invested with that ending.

Cumpy The Usual Suspects deserves more it is one of my all time favourites!

The Imitation Game I enjoyed a lot as well Noz, being the geek that I am I have always enjoyed going over the history of the 'computer' from Lovelace all the way up to Turing and then the pioneering of IBM, Intel and Xerox.

kilbluff1985

the story line was ok but

action scenes were terrible imo and yeah not enough character building