Main Menu

Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 23, 2014, 11:47:12 AM
I just saw Godzilla, it was better than the 90s version and Godzilla at least looked cool but in the end it was still disappointing at best.

I mean you had guys like Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe with really good acting skills who were really underutilized and instead guys like the main actor acted like Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels and had 0 character development

Godzilla doesn't even come into the fray until two thirds into the movie.

Its a shame because to be honest the trailer I saw was probably one of the best trailers I've seen to any movie :/
Damn :( have really been looking forward to seeing this one.

At least my expectations will be lower :-X

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on May 23, 2014, 12:06:18 PM
I just saw Godzilla, it was better than the 90s version and Godzilla at least looked cool but in the end it was still disappointing at best.

I mean you had guys like Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe with really good acting skills who were really underutilized and instead guys like the main actor acted like Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels and had 0 character development

Its a shame because to be honest the trailer I saw was probably one of the best trailers I've seen to any movie :/

Don't get me wrong the effects used are really cool, I just didn't really like the bits where people had to act  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 23, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

Don't get me wrong the effects used are really cool, I just didn't really like the bits where people had to act  :P
pffft acting is overrated ;)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on May 23, 2014, 12:15:26 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 23, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

pffft acting is overrated ;)

Not when you have to sit through hours of it waiting ;) :P

Vinny

Jukes

I for one really liked ATJ :3

qt 3.14 Olsen was the best tho

BoredSaint

Keeper27

BoredSaint

Vinny

Wow 8.8 on IMDB. That is good as, I am keen to watch it.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Vinny on May 25, 2014, 03:12:41 PM
Wow 8.8 on IMDB. That is good as, I am keen to watch it.

movies are often high when they come out and drop a bit after a while but 43k members have voted so prob is good just more of a FYI post

C Grade movies often have like 9/10 early because all the cast vote for it lol

Vinny

Yeah I know what you mean but like you said, stacks have voted already. I'd expect it to still be at about 8.5 when the hype dies. But I'll give my thoughts when I watch it.

Nige

kilbluff1985

"The Minions" a Despicable Me spin off ?

Keeper27

Quote from: NigeyS on May 29, 2014, 09:18:36 PM

Keen for a number of these.  8)

hmm.... TBH i'll probably see about 9-10 of those @ the cinemas and the rest that i do wanna see i'll wait for a good copy of TPB