NEW TEAM! ATTEMPT NUMBER THREE!

Started by LaHug, March 09, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Attempt three:

Attempt two:

Obviously flaws are that I'm completely unsure about rookies!
I also haven't looked at bye structure much... :-\
Additionally, I have could swap out Vlastuin to a rookie and upgrade a rookie to a forward premo. However, I think Vlastuin will play a lot of mid time (think Ellis last year) making him a great pick up for a back almost $100k cheaper than the likes of Hanley.

Thoughts?

Nige

Kolo and Fuller should be replaced by other rookies... guys like Georgiou, Langdon, Langford, Cutler (just to name a few off the top of my head) are proving popular. 

That forward line has to change. Lennon, Bock, Kersten and Taylor are all injured to a degree and will likely not play Round 1.

Billlings might tho.

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on March 09, 2014, 06:16:16 PM
Kolo and Fuller should be replaced by other rookies... guys like Georgiou, Langdon, Langford, Cutler (just to name a few off the top of my head) are proving popular. 

That forward line has to change. Lennon, Bock, Kersten and Taylor are all injured to a degree and will likely not play Round 1.

Billlings might tho.

Good to know that it's only my rookies that are completely wrong. Bad to see that they are completely wrong...

I have no idea who to change them to though. Are there many good rookies out their for forwards? I haven't heard of those back guys but that's just because I haven't been paying attention. I'll look into them.

Cheers!!!

Nige

As far as forward rookies go, guys like JKH (Jay Kennedy-Harris), Impey, Lloyd and then guys like Rohan etc are options.

Just have a look around at other teams at read a few threads, you'll quickly learn who's and who's not.  ;)

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on March 09, 2014, 07:09:07 PM
As far as forward rookies go, guys like JKH (Jay Kennedy-Harris), Impey, Lloyd and then guys like Rohan etc are options.

Just have a look around at other teams at read a few threads, you'll quickly learn who's and who's not.  ;)

I always feel dirty basing my team selections on other people's team threads but looks like that may have to be the case. Fortunately, with rookies, I can also just do the whole "pick who's named and not awful" strategy and hope that pans out.

Does anyone know how round 1 works with the split in RDT? I'm assuming it's players from week 1 are locked and then players from week 2 locked just before that week starts but I don't actually know...

Nige

I know which rookies I'd like to have, but it'll be a "pick who's named" thing for me as well haha.

T Dog

Quote from: NigeyS on March 09, 2014, 07:39:05 PM
I know which rookies I'd like to have, but it'll be a "pick who's named" thing for me as well haha.

Picked it..rolled it..now what?.. ::)

Mr.Craig

Band-aids on players? You're gonna have a bad time.

My suggestions would be Kolo-Laidler, Fuller-Langford, Sheed-Dunstan, Lennon-Kennedy Harris, Taylor-Impey, Kersten-Rohan or McDonough. You'd then have plenty of money to turn Bock into say...Caddy.

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 10, 2014, 12:04:19 AM
Band-aids on players? You're gonna have a bad time.

My suggestions would be Kolo-Laidler, Fuller-Langford, Sheed-Dunstan, Lennon-Kennedy Harris, Taylor-Impey, Kersten-Rohan or McDonough. You'd then have plenty of money to turn Bock into say...Caddy.

Yeah, figured the bandaids weren't the best signs........ Good advice, MC! Ta!

I need to find time to fix all this, make my SC, and write my first captains article for the year without falling behind in uni. Bizzay!

Alka

Apart from the obvious rookie problems, it's not bad, plenty of similarities to my own team.

I really like your defense and like your points about Vlas, I'll have to keep an eye out on him.
Your midfield is also strong, and ruck is the perfect starting combo IMO.
I think your forward line is too weak though.
As mentioned, I'd look to get rid of Bock. I'd also consider Rohan as F6, he's a definite starter and a popular choice around here.
I'd probably downgrade some of those more expensive midfield rookies to cheaper options, Martin & Tyson, could be Polec & Dunstan, which would give you the cash to upgrade Bock to a Caddy or better.

LaHug

Thanks Ala.
A lot of people seem to be talking about Caddy so I'll definitely have a look at him. I thought Tyson was a lock? He is very pricey though...

LaHug

Nige

Heaps better. I think you're pretty much set.

LaHug

Final attempt!
Pretty sure the only change I made was turning Pendles into Swan. Does this leave me with too little cash???
Is there anyone cheaper than Billings I could get instead?
Finally, I'm not convinced on Hanley (particularly for this week against the Hawks). Are there any players cheaper than him worth getting instead? Can't afford Hibberd or Enright unless I downgrade Billings to a cheaper rook.
Also very uneasy about my ruck depth (Nankervis not even named an emergency).

TheHanger

think there are better options than Laidler and Rohan, for Rohan maybe Mcdonough from Richmond and for Laidler maybe Langdon from Collingwood

And I don't think Billings is worth the $$$, maybe someone like Zac Merrett from Essendon, we will know more when the rest of the teams are known