Please Rate my team :)

Started by Turks, January 17, 2009, 07:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turks

Backs : Gram, Hargrave, Mcpharlin, Mcleod, Scarlett, Gilbee, Hurley (Rance, Petrenko)

Mids: Bartel, Goddard, Griffen, Cousins, Hill, Rich (Sidebottom, Swift)

Ruck: Jolly, Ottens (Vickery, Sullivan)

Fwds: Lloyd, Porplyzia, Bradshaw, Thomas, Williams, Rioli, Yarren (Ziebell, Ballantyne)

any help that you could provide would be great :)

maximus123

Is this supercoach or Dream Team???

Turks

SpeedMeades

there's so much talent in the midefield... put Goddard in the backline.

there's midrange guys in there that did well in 08 but probably wont improve all that much in 09. bradshow, rioli, llyod.

you'd be better off going with genuine guns and guys that have potential of big improvement in 09. which takes out guys like thomas, williams, and scarlett.

Turks

cheers for the feedback
i redid it a few days ago let me know what you think of this

BK: Enright, Gram, Gilbee, Hargrave, McPharlin, C Bolton, Hurley (Rance, Petrenko)

Mid: Bartel, Judd, Brennan, Cousins, Rich, Swift ( Sidebottom, Mcginnity)

Ruck: Jolly, Ottens ( Vickery, Currie)

Fwd: Fev, Lloyd, Bradshaw, Thomas. J Riewoldt, Lucas, Yarran (ziebell, Ballantyne)

i got rid of goddard becuase there were a lot more players that will score just as good as him for cheaper

as for the forwards im really just looking for people who will get decent scores and hold their break evens so i can upgrade them to guns later on in the season

im hoping that bradshaw plays as well as he did last season and i think if they move thomas into a more central role like they did in the int rules he will win a lot of the ball like he did

i tried to focus more on my back line this time around but i always seem to just love my midfield guns haha

currently have a soft spot for lloyd this year i think he will go off if he gets good delivery and if he doesnt they will just play him up the ground of course this is all based on how like most players they go in the NAB

SpeedMeades

Don't count on judd averaging higher than goddard....

dzeRnumbrd

You should target forwards that are going to improve in 09 rather than hold their average... i.e., more J Riewoldt's and less Fev's.

Not sure Swift will get early games, will see when NAB comes...

Hawks_1976

I'm probably going to be ridiculed for my comments but I'm not a huge fan of this team.
Gilbee or Hargrave not both.
C Bolton a better SC proposition.
Enright, Gram, Bartel and Judd get a big tick.
A fully fit Judd could tear it up this year I think.
Rucks are good.
You need two of Rich, Swift, Sidebottom and McGinnity to always play (big risk).
Forward line is very mediocre. You don't look to have the scope to convert any of these into guns. Lucas and J Reiwoldt to go up in price maybe.
I know you are keen on lloyd so trade Fev for a Roo or Pav. Downgrade Bradshaw and Thomas to improving types like Vesz or Higgins.
Use the balance to improve the Rich/Swift situation. Maybe even downgrade Brennan for an up and coming gun like a Cotchin or Masten?
You may need to sacrifice some cash in your backline too as it looks quite pricey.
Hope this helps but its only my opinion.

Turks

Cheers for the Feedback guys

i had another look last night with the new prices and managed to tweak it a bit again after looking at the comments about the forward line i decided to take some money out of the midfield and put it into the forward line
let me know what you think of this

Bks : Goddard, Birchall, Gilbee, McLeod, McPharlin, Drummond, Hurley (Petrenko, Rance(still unsure about rance after all monty has been saying))

Mid: Bartel, Boak, Griffen, Cousins, Hasleby, Rich (sidebottom, Mcginnity)

Rucks : Jolly, Ottens (Vickery, Currie)

Fwds Lloyd, BJ, Roughead, Porplyzia, Thomas, J Riewoldt, Yarren, (Ballantyne, Ziebell)

btw Hawks its good that your honest mate im not the best coach which is why i decided to get some advice, so the more honest you are the better i can make my team. Cheers for the feedback :)