Kozij's Kommanodes

Started by Kozij, February 21, 2020, 12:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozij

Defenders: Houston, Docherty, Doedee, Roberton, Hill, Gould, Bianco, Rivers

Mids: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Rowell, Pickett, Schoenberg, Valente, Robertson, Mead

Rucks: Grundy, Gawn, Conroy

Forwards: Martin, Heeney, Steven, D Smith, Bonar, Rankine, Worrell, Williams

$172,700 remaining

Quite a different to approach to previous years, with plenty of mid priced players (Doedee, Roberton, Smith, Steven). Obviously will look at rookies closer to Round 1.

Thoughts on the line up?

tommy10

Def too weak imo. You need one of Laird/Sicily/Daniel/Ryan type of player. Upgrade Doedee to one of them. Think Bianco will find it hard breaking into that team but keep a watch.
Mids pretty stock standard. Bont was on fire last night.
Rucks standard.
Fwds watch Heeney and Steven who have some injuries.

Pretty good team overall, just think you need to strengthen your defence.

Kozij

After the first week I've adjusted to the following, taking into account some strong rookie scores. This could obviously still change based on Round 1 lineups:

Defenders: Laird, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Hill, Gould, Greaves, Rivers

Mids: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Rowell, Pickett, Schoenberg, Valente, Robertson, Budarick

Rucks: Grundy, Gawn, Cameron

Forwards: Martin, Ceglar, D Smith, Bonar, Frampton, Rankine, Georgiadis, Xerri

$172,800 remaining

Kozij

Ok, I've done a bit of an about face and implemented some major changes:

Defenders: Laird, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Starcevich, Gould, Greaves, Brander

Mids: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Rowell, Pickett, Schoenberg, Valente, Robertson, Budarick

Rucks: Grundy, Naismith, Cameron

Forwards: Whitfield, Martin, Greenwood, Ceglar, Hill, Frampton , Georgiadis, Xerri

$50,300 left in cash.

Thoughts on dropping Gawn and going deeper in forwards?

Colley Dogs

Quote from: Kozij on March 06, 2020, 05:30:11 PM
Ok, I've done a bit of an about face and implemented some major changes:

Defenders: Laird, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Starcevich, Gould, Greaves, Brander

Rucks: Grundy, Naismith, Cameron

Forwards: Whitfield, Martin, Greenwood, Ceglar, Hill, Frampton , Georgiadis, Xerri

$50,300 left in cash.

Thoughts on dropping Gawn and going deeper in forwards?

I like the Forwards. I think 4 keepers on the Forward line is standard (now that we know the Forward Rookies are a weakness).

But... I think you need to figure a team with Grundy - Gawn.

Personally, I'd downgrade Houston to a premium Rookie (e.g. Zerk-Thatcher); and downgrade Whitfield to Dawson for example... and turn Naismith into Gawn.

With Brander at D8, Dawson is a nice cover-depth option for your defence.

Good luck for the season!