Who replaces Usman Khawaja?

Started by PowerBug, November 14, 2015, 09:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Bancroft didn't really do himself any favours in the Shield game currently going on against the Vics, that said he'll get another innings to have another go.

Maddinson's name was floated, not sure he'll be picked though.

auscoyote

Maddinson i didn't think of, don't mind him.

Bancroft did ton up at Adelaide last week though.
Gonna be same ground but different ball.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 15, 2015, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 15, 2015, 10:47:16 PM
The more I think about it, the more I believe it has to be one of the WA boys. Bancroft, Klinger, Marsh.

I reckon it depends on the result of this game.

Draw or Lose and go with Klinger or Marsh

Win and go with Bancroft
This

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 15, 2015, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 15, 2015, 10:47:16 PM
The more I think about it, the more I believe it has to be one of the WA boys. Bancroft, Klinger, Marsh.

I reckon it depends on the result of this game.

Draw or Lose and go with Klinger or Marsh

Win and go with Bancroft
Good point.

They said the squad for the 3rd test will be named on Day 5 of this test. Didn't say whether it would be before, during or after the match.

_wato

Seeing as Khawaja has proven himself, there is no point playing another young, up and comer when they'll lose their spot to him once he's fit again. Klinger once again top scored today with 70, is in absolute top notch form, played with SA for the majority of his career, and at his age, he will be limited in the tests he plays, so is the perfect replacement for Khawaja while he's on the mend.
Bats at 3, has the experience to compose himself at the highest level, could potentially come into a 1-1 all drawn series and for me is the most likely replacement. Just my opinion though.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: _wato on November 16, 2015, 12:57:11 AM
Seeing as Khawaja has proven himself, there is no point playing another young, up and comer when they'll lose their spot to him once he's fit again. Klinger once again top scored today with 70, is in absolute top notch form, played with SA for the majority of his career, and at his age, he will be limited in the tests he plays, so is the perfect replacement for Khawaja while he's on the mend.
Bats at 3, has the experience to compose himself at the highest level, could potentially come into a 1-1 all drawn series and for me is the most likely replacement. Just my opinion though.
don't see Voges sticking around for too much longer, 36 now

Adamant

Would love to see Maxy Klinger get the nod!

BratPack

Way I see it it's like this

Should: Bancroft or Klinger

Will: Marsh

Nige

Quote from: BratPack on November 16, 2015, 05:39:21 AM
Way I see it it's like this

Should: Bancroft or Klinger

Will: Marsh
Yep, seems the most likely outcome.

The_Captain

If shaun marsh gets another go... F|_|K me, hes proven he will never be up to this level.

elephants

Capper

I want Klinger to play but it will be Shaun Marsh

AaronKirk

On form the selectors have to pick Klinger but i doubt they will.

Maybe if we get the win today they will pick Maxwell. The series will be over and with the Adelaide road pitch they may want to take another bowling option.

However they will likely pick Marsh. I dunno why..... his technique is no good. But we all know that and they still pick him.

SydneyRox

Think sentimental fav is Klinger, but I would rather give it to Bancroft and say go out an enjoy it.

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 17, 2015, 01:58:57 PM
Think sentimental fav is Klinger, but I would rather give it to Bancroft and say go out an enjoy it.

This, if we want immediate impact gotta be Klinger. If we want one for the future get Bancroft in there.

It would be a brutal injustice though imo if Klinger never played for Australia and this is really his best opportunity.

Cookie311993

I reckon they will think about Maxwell. They will adjust the batting order.
1. Burns
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Voges
5. Maxwell