Ford Ranger Cup Dream Team

Started by ossie85, September 17, 2010, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Like Domestic One-Day cricket? And like Dream Team?

Well, look no more!

I have been designing a fantasy game part time - all Excel spreadsheet based - and was wondering if you guys are interested in testing it out. It is for the Ford Ranger Cup 2010/2011 season. Which has just recently had a revamp, so it could be interesting.

Basically, the rules are the same as Dream Team. Players score points based on statistics in the game, prices change the same way, salary caps, etc.

Point Scoring
1 Run = 1 point
1 Wicket = 20 points
1 Catch = 5 points
1 Stumping = 20 points

Leagues

Ideally, there will be leagues of 10. Will see how it works out.....

Rounds

Round 1   Oct 6 - Oct 9   
Round 2   Oct 16 - Oct 17   
Round 3   Oct 22 - Oct 24   
Round 4   Oct 27 - Oct 30   
Round 5   Nov-06   (Tas v Qld only)
Round 6   Nov 24 - Dec 01   
Round 7   Dec 3 - Dec 4   
Round 8   Dec 8 - Dec 12 (Qld, WA, NSW, Sth Aus only)
Round 9   Dec-15 (Sth Aus v Vic only)
Finals 1      Dec 22 - Dec 23   (Tas, WA, NSW, Vic only)
Finals 2      Feb 9 - Feb 16   
Grand Final   Feb 19 - Feb 23   

Rounds 5, 8, 9 and the first week of the finals have some issues with not all teams playing that week. To compensate, players from teams not playing will score a random number based on that player's average +/- 50%. (e.g. if a player averages 50, they will score anywhere between 25 and 75.  This player will score the same for everybody who has him however).

A 10 person league will play each other once in the first 9 rounds. 1st and 2nd in that league will a bye the first week of the finals, while 3rd plays 6th, 4th plays 5th in elimination.

Teams
New South Wales Blues
Queensland Bulls
South Australian Redbacks
Tasmanian Tigers
Victorian Bushrangers
Western Warriors

The only truly national competition in Australia!

Selecting Your Squad

You have a $5,000,000 salary cap. Prices of the players are based on last year's stats. If a player played less than 5 games last year, they are subject to a discount. If they didn't play any games last year, they get a minimum price of $100,000.

17 man squad. Select 8 batsmen from the batting tab, 6 bowlers from the bowling tab and 3 wicketkeepers from the wick tab. Maybe a bit of overkill on keepers, but I'm keeping it that way ;)

Some batsmen and bowlers are considered 'all-rounders'. You will need to select, at minimum, 2 all rounders (preferably at least 1 from batting line up, one from bowling line up).

Key:
B = Batsmen
O = Bowler
BO = All-Rounder
W = Wicketkeeper

Selecting Your Team

Your spreadsheet will have a 'TheTeam' tab, follow the spreadsheet, and simply select players in each position using the drop-down list.

Select a captain, who will score double points.

Select a vice-captain, who will score double points if your captain does not play.

Select 3 emergencies - one batsmen, one bowler, one wicketkeeper. Who will only play if one of your starting XI doesn't play (ONLY in position)

Done!

Trades

Price of players will move the same way that DT and SC players do - on a 3 week moving average.

You have 12 trades. Use them wisely! I will send an updated price-spreadsheet after every round.

Remember, players with byes will score a randomly generated score. Provided they have played at least ONE game this year. So you do not need to trade them.

How do I enter?

Send an email here:
fordrangercupdt@hotmail.com

And I'll reply with a copy of the spreadsheet. (Unless I can figure out how to upload spreedsheet onto the site).

Either way, once you have completed your team, please send the spreadsheet back to this email, and I'll try and pull together some leagues.

Thoughts? Questions? Interest?

Fletch74

Sounds great Ossie. I'll be in it. I'll send you an e-mail shortly.

What about a run-out, does that count like a stumping?

ossie85

I've not included run-outs, because statistics for it aren't readily available from last year, and can be difficult to get during games (some just say 'run out', others will say 'run out (Ponting)', others will say 'run out (Ponting/Johnson/Haddin)', etc.

CrowsFan

Sounds pretty cool ossie. I'll send you an email in a minute or so

benjy251090

ossie85

First round starts October 6. Just about perfectly placed after the AFL grand final :)

The most pricy players this year?

SPD Smith (NSW) - $653,700
BJ Hodge (VIC) - $568,300
AB McDonald (VIC) - $563,400
JL Pattinson (VIC) - $558,600
M Klinger (SA) - $554,000
MJ North (WA) - $530,200
UT Khawaja (NSW) - $511,700
DT Christian (SA) - $508,200
LR Butterworth (TAS) - $487,300
GJ Bailey (TAS) - $483,900

CrowsFan

When do we need to submit our team by?

ossie85

We'll say October 5th :)

But anytime before the first ball is bowled is cool

Justin Bieber

Sounds Interesting :). Will join even though I can't follow the games :(.

I'll send an email in a few days.

Hawka

il join doubt stevie smith will b playin 2many domestic games tho

CrowsFan

Quote from: hawka26 on September 17, 2010, 05:52:04 PM
il join doubt stevie smith will b playin 2many domestic games tho
Well he hasn't got a contract with cricket australia, but yeah will prob be away with the aus squad most of the time

ossie85

Yup. This is a bit different to DT/SC. You sorta want your players to play well, but not TOO well that they go play for Aus lol

CrowsFan

How did you decide on the prices of players and the team budget ossie?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2010, 11:52:46 AM
How did you decide on the prices of players and the team budget ossie?

My logic was if it is $10m for SC for 30 players, $5m for 17 in should be about fair... and used a formula to work out what the equivalent magic number would be. Hopefully it all works out! I seemed to be able to put a decent team together

CrowsFan

Ok fair enough. Yeah from my first attempt I was able to put a pretty competitive team together. I will email it to you once I have played around with it a bit more