Main Menu

this years draft

Started by blue, May 18, 2012, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: MTTY on May 23, 2012, 09:38:26 PM

Who do you see going at pick 2, meow?

In my opinion at the moment someone like Vlastuin or perhaps Toumpas (with his versatility). Jake Stringer is an emerging talent as well.

I reckon Stringer will go at #2. Grundy and McBeen are the only decent ruckmen with any height this year so they are always a chance to be taken early if a club is in desperate need of a ruck. Mason Shaw is another option.

tbagrocks

Quote from: MTTY on May 23, 2012, 10:01:05 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 23, 2012, 09:57:35 PM
Toumpas is a gun from what I've heard!

Yes he very much is.
haha, I was hoping he would go quietly ::)
this kid was a superstar in the Eagles finals win last year

MTTY

Quote from: meow meow on May 23, 2012, 10:19:51 PM

In my opinion at the moment someone like Vlastuin or perhaps Toumpas (with his versatility). Jake Stringer is an emerging talent as well.

I reckon Stringer will go at #2. Grundy and McBeen are the only decent ruckmen with any height this year so they are always a chance to be taken early if a club is in desperate need of a ruck. Mason Shaw is another option.

Ah yes forgot about Grundy for a minute there.

I take it you have seen Craig Moller? Looks like Tyrone Vickery a little too much for my liking. But i have to admit when he puts weight on Fremantle will have another gun ruckman, if they choose to take him.

Oh and what are your thoughts on Sam Mayes. Was dominant in my opinion in the champs last year.

JBs-Hawks

James Stewart any good?

Ziplock

is this draft as beastial as everyone says?

meow meow

Quote from: Ziplock on June 12, 2012, 10:28:28 PM

Yes and no.

The top 20 (including the mini draft and father/son players) are as good as any top 20 that has come through.

The guys like Mason Shaw and Andrew Boston who are likely to be taken in the 30's are a bit better than the usual players taken around these picks, but they are not certain to be good AFL players.

Quote from: MTTY on May 23, 2012, 10:24:43 PM
Oh and what are your thoughts on Sam Mayes. Was dominant in my opinion in the champs last year.

I reckon he is going to the Bulldogs. Looks like a more skilled by foot, quicker version of Lenny Hayes to me. Gun.

It's down to Grundy vs Toumpas at this point.

I'll do a phantom draft.

IMO Jack Martin is more talented than Whitfield and he is worth pick #2 so Gold Coast will give that up for him. GWS could use another ruck so I'm leaning towards Grundy.

Melbourne are a chance to give up pick #3 for mini draft pick 2 AND a guarantee from GWS that they won't bid on Viney, so Melb can get him in the 2nd round. It's a win-win. Then GWS take all 3 of Whitfield, Grundy and Toumpas.

Melb will take one of Stringer or Wines, and the other will go to the Bulldogs. The Dogs will also take one of Mayes or possibly Garlett if they are willing to take a risk, which I highly doubt.

Poort take one of Menzel or Kennedy
Brisbane take Plowman
Richmond get Menzel or Kennedy
Essendon get Daniher
Carlton take Garlett
St Kilda take Vlastuin
Melbourne take Macrae

Everybody wins.

Melbourne would be huge winners if they could get Hogan, Stringer, Macrae and Viney.

GWS would also be thilled with 3 of the top talents in the land.

Gold Coast get what I rate as the best player with pick 2 so they'll be happy.

The Bulldogs get a Boyd replacement in Wines, and some pace and skill which they desperately need in Mayes.

Port get a talented local.

Brisbane get the best centre half back from the past 3 drafts.

Richmond get a quality half forward which they need badly.

Essendon get the steal of the draft.

Carlton get maybe the best talent in the whole country, and Jeff can make sure his cousin doesn't screw up his chance or get homesick.

The Saints get a player who is good enough to have gone top 5 in some previous drafts.

MTTY

Quote from: meow meow on August 28, 2012, 03:17:16 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 12, 2012, 10:28:28 PM

Yes and no.

The top 20 (including the mini draft and father/son players) are as good as any top 20 that has come through.

The guys like Mason Shaw and Andrew Boston who are likely to be taken in the 30's are a bit better than the usual players taken around these picks, but they are not certain to be good AFL players.

I reckon he is going to the Bulldogs. Looks like a more skilled by foot, quicker version of Lenny Hayes to me. Gun.

It's down to Grundy vs Toumpas at this point.

I'll do a phantom draft.

IMO Jack Martin is more talented than Whitfield and he is worth pick #2 so Gold Coast will give that up for him. GWS could use another ruck so I'm leaning towards Grundy.

Melbourne are a chance to give up pick #3 for mini draft pick 2 AND a guarantee from GWS that they won't bid on Viney, so Melb can get him in the 2nd round. It's a win-win. Then GWS take all 3 of Whitfield, Grundy and Toumpas.

Melb will take one of Stringer or Wines, and the other will go to the Bulldogs. The Dogs will also take one of Mayes or possibly Garlett if they are willing to take a risk, which I highly doubt.

Poort take one of Menzel or Kennedy
Brisbane take Plowman
Richmond get Menzel or Kennedy
Essendon get Daniher
Carlton take Garlett
St Kilda take Vlastuin
Melbourne take Macrae

Everybody wins.

Melbourne would be huge winners if they could get Hogan, Stringer, Macrae and Viney.

GWS would also be thilled with 3 of the top talents in the land.

Gold Coast get what I rate as the best player with pick 2 so they'll be happy.

The Bulldogs get a Boyd replacement in Wines, and some pace and skill which they desperately need in Mayes.

Port get a talented local.

Brisbane get the best centre half back from the past 3 drafts.

Richmond get a quality half forward which they need badly.

Essendon get the steal of the draft.

Carlton get maybe the best talent in the whole country, and Jeff can make sure his cousin doesn't screw up his chance or get homesick.

The Saints get a player who is good enough to have gone top 5 in some previous drafts.

Agree with that all meow. Good analysis. I would be very happy with Hogan, Stringer (Two very good future key forwards), Macrae and Viney.

What are your thoughts on O'Rourke though. I see him as a less talented version of Deledio.

tbagrocks

Gold Coast will trade pick 2 to Adelaide to out bid Brisbane for Tippett and Adelaide will have Toumpas ;D

meow meow

I've got O'Rouke and Hrovat as the next two.

O'Rouke is a solid footballer, but he doesn't appear to have any outstanding attributes. He is good at pretty much everything, but not elite at anything. Probably a better than average kick though, and he'll go in the 1st round.

Would you prefer Hogan or Josh Kelly? Kelly was outstanding during the national championships but I went with Hogan due to his size. There aren't many good big blokes getting around and Hogan is like a mixture of Bock and Hurley so surely he'll get picked in the mini draft. Speaking of big blokes, lock in Boyd for a top 10 spot next year I reckon.

MTTY

Quote from: meow meow on August 28, 2012, 11:30:18 PM
I've got O'Rouke and Hrovat as the next two.

O'Rouke is a solid footballer, but he doesn't appear to have any outstanding attributes. He is good at pretty much everything, but not elite at anything. Probably a better than average kick though, and he'll go in the 1st round.

Would you prefer Hogan or Josh Kelly? Kelly was outstanding during the national championships but I went with Hogan due to his size. There aren't many good big blokes getting around and Hogan is like a mixture of Bock and Hurley so surely he'll get picked in the mini draft. Speaking of big blokes, lock in Boyd for a top 10 spot next year I reckon.

I prefer Hogan as well. Very impressed by Kelly but i'd love to have Hogan at FF and Stringer at CHF (or vice versa) at Melbourne.

tbagrocks

Looks like Gun SA and Centrals forward Troy Menzel has done his knee at AAMI in the final between Centrals and West

meow meow

Jackson Macrae is a star. Won the TAC medal for the best player on the ground in the TAC cup final today. 26 possessions, and kicked the last point of the game, giving his team (Oakley) the 82-81 win.

Membrey > Stringer. He plays like a combo of Colin Sylvia and Mitch Hahn.

The F.A.R.K.

[quote/]

Mayes.... whover gets this bloke flower me. He is a wonder kid started off in fwds and can kick a bag of 6 but then developed some fitness and speed. His skills are immaculate and always have been and now he can play midfield. Steele Sidebottom would be my comparison but he also has a good leap. Isnt tall enough to play ff but he can jump thats his advantage. Is also built well and ready to play from the get go

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on September 23, 2012, 02:31:28 PM
Jackson Macrae is a star. Won the TAC medal for the best player on the ground in the TAC cup final today. 26 possessions, and kicked the last point of the game, giving his team (Oakley) the 82-81 win.

Membrey > Stringer. He plays like a combo of Colin Sylvia and Mitch Hahn.

so... he's average and injury prone?

meow meow

It's happening.

If any other AFL recruiters need some help then just PM me.