EurAsia v AAP Alliance: A New Divide

Started by Purple 77, June 05, 2017, 09:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Here we go again! I proudly present to you the 6th instalment of the epic rivalry that annually splits our competition in half.

Representative Round, AFL Round 12 scores from Adeliade, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS + Hawthorn + AFL Round 13

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
AAP Alliance EurAsia  Melbourne Cricket Ground       3  v  2

For those of you who don't know, or otherwise remember this game as being Holz v JROO, the EurAsia v AAP Alliance match takes place during the latter two AFL bye rounds and provides us some sort of entertainment in what is otherwise our WXV bye week. The coaches of these two sides are decided by who is on top of the WXV Ladder so far in the year, which this time around, is Ricochet/elephants (EurAsia) and RaisyDaisy/AaronKirk (AAP Alliance)! As seen below:

EurAsia                       AAP Alliance
1New Delhi Tigers2New York Revolution
3Dublin Destroyers4Rio de Janeiro Jaguars
8Seoul Magpies5Cairo Sands
9Berlin Brewers6Pacific Islanders
11Moscow Spetsnaz7Mexico City Suns
13PNL Reindeers10Christchurch Saints
14London Royals12Toronto Wolves
16Beijing Thunder15Cape Town Cobras
17Tokyo Samurai18Buenos Aires Armadillos

Usually, Dublin & Mexico City have been on top at this time of the year, and I was tempted to give someone else a go if they were number 1 again, but different teams have popped up anyway, so congratulations to both New Delhi and New York! You could say... it's NEW management! A New Divide? Yes... *notes down in title*

Hosted at the magnificent MCG, we've had some ripper history in these clashes with the honours of 2016 going to the Holz led EurAsia:

2016 (Holz): EurAsia (27.11.173) def AAP Alliance (23.11.149)
2015 (JROO8): AAP Alliance (26.12.168*) def EurAsia (26.11.167)
2014 (Nails): EurAsia (24.11.155) lost to AAP Alliance (25.18.168)
2013 (Ringo): AAP Alliance (25.22.172) lost to EurAsia (27.21.183)
2012 (CrowsFan): AAP Alliance (28.8.176) def EurAsia (27.11.173)

So, how is this years clash shaping up?

Well, I can tell you that the #1 ranked SCer belongs to EurAsia; our reigning Jim Stynes medallist Patrick Dangerfield whom constantly leads Seoul out of trouble. With an average of 154 in his past 3 matches, surely he'd be the early favourite for captaincy? If not him, EurAsia also boast #3 and #4 in Dublin's Sloane and Dustin Martin who have been catapulting Dublin back in premiership contention of late.

For AAP, they boast the #2 ranked SCer in Mexico City's Tom Rockliff, followed by #5 and #6 tough nuts in Islander Tom Mitchell and New York's Joel Selwood, whom surely be a favourite for both captaincy and with the coaches?

Looking down the list of the best players, it's pretty even. Actually, in the top 50 ranked players each side has 25 apiece! You can't get much more even than that! Perhaps the difference will be seen in the non-midfielders? The top 9 ranked players are all midfielders, before EurAsia's Sam Docherty (Moscow) bucks the trend as the highest ranked non-midfielder in the game. AAP's Taylor Adams (Cairo) isn't too far behind, whilst teammate Elliot Yeo (Rio) leads the forward department in the comp.

Who will win? It's very, very even. Like, it really is a flip of a coin... hmm...

*flips coin*

Tails!

EurAsia to win!

ROLLING LOCKOUT

This means you can change your team in-between games. Exactly like SC. You can do everything SC allows you to in terms of loopholing and changing players.

Also, NAME FOUR EMERGENCIES

To steal from last week's post:

WXV Round 11
WXV Representative Round

AFL Round 12

Thursday Night
Sydney v Western Bulldogs

Friday Night
Adelaide v St Kilda

Saturday
Hawthorn v Gold Coast
Brisbane v Fremantle
Essendon v Port Adelaide

Sunday
Carlton v GWS

Monday
Melbourne v Collingwood

AFL Round 13

Thursday Night
West Coast v Geelong

Friday Night
North Melbourne v St Kilda

Saturday
Richmond v Sydney
Port Adelaide v Brisbane
Gold Coast v Carlton

Sunday
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne

GoLions

Not sure if I understand how the rolling lockout works?

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on June 05, 2017, 09:30:12 PM

Kinda like your face

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 05, 2017, 09:38:18 PM

Kinda like your face
Reported

Intentional, medium-high impact, looking at 2 weeks down to 1 with an early plea

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on June 05, 2017, 09:43:02 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 05, 2017, 09:38:18 PM

Kinda like your face
Reported

Intentional, medium-high impact, looking at 2 weeks down to 1 with an early plea

Ha, the irony is that what I ended up posting was about my third revision :P

Torpedo10

How do we lose a year of scoring?  :P

Holz

Very happy to watch this one as a fan as opposed to a coach.

All the pressure on rico and ele after a 24 point win last year what can they do.

GoLions

Ok RD/AK, all I ask is that you name one of JPK/Nank, haha (maybe you can pick one each?)

Nige

I suggest that Dayne Beams, Dylan Roberton, Taylor Adams and Shane Mumford be seriously considered.

Torpedo10

Bellchambers > Goldy > Grundy

Oh, and if Daniher isn't chosen something is seriously wrong.  :P

Torpedo10

I found the 2013 edition BTW:

Quote from: ossie85 on June 26, 2013, 08:56:48 AM

Ibbotson gets revenge on Maca24

2012 Mexico City Premiership Player Garrick Ibbotson described it as a 'bitter sweet' sensation after being involved in EurAsia's upset victory over AAP Alliance. After being a crucial part of Mexico City's premiership last year, he was unceremoniously traded last year. Maca24, the coach of both Mexico City, and the AAP Alliance, has yet to comment.

EurAsia's upset was huge! And it was the back line that was the different with an early injury to Shannon Hurn basically forcing Mexico City to 14 players, while Pearce Hanley suffered an early knock. In comparison, Heath Shaw and Bryce Gibbs were magnificent for EurAsia.

AAP Alliance's midfield of Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury and Watson didn't disappoint! But it was the unsung heroics of Worlds medalist Patrick Dangerfield, the amazingly in form Ryan Griffenn and EurAsia captain Kieran Jack that was insprising.

Matthew Stokes has had a fairy tale year, with Berlin desperately trying to trade him at the end of season 2012. But he was terrific, while former EurAsia and current Brewer superstar Lance Franklin didn't make the team!

And final hats off to London and EurAsia coach is Ringo! Inspiring his team to a massive 183, and made the ballsy choice of not selecting a single Royal in the final 15!

AAP Alliance (25.22.172) lost to EurAsia (27.21.183)

Best
AAP Alliance: D Swan, G Ablett jnr, S Pendlebury, J Watson, B Goddard, S Johnson, D Cox, JP Kennedy, J Bartel
EurAsia: P Dangerfield, R Griffen, H Shaw, B Gibbs, N Fyfe, JJ Kennedy, K Jack, N Naitanui, M Stokes, T Goldstein

EURASIA WINS

P DANGERFIELD wins the WORLDS MEDAL and the EURASIA MEDAL
D SWAN wins the AAP ALLIANCE MEDAL

I'm disappointed in you Purple.  :(

Purple 77

Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 05, 2017, 10:31:45 PM

Wow haha, I checked the thread that was like "EurAsia v AAP Alliance", of course it's not there :P

Thanks though Torp!

I would have reversed engineered it eventually :P

Purple 77

Charlie Dixon HAS to be picked, is all I'm sayin.

Hibberd & Buddy is good value too.

Also reckon Max Gawn will shower all over anything Stef Martin coughs up too  ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 05, 2017, 10:43:19 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on June 05, 2017, 10:31:45 PM

Wow haha, I checked the thread that was like "EurAsia v AAP Alliance", of course it's not there :P

Thanks though Torp!

I would have reversed engineered it eventually :P
All good, you need all us other coaches to pick up the occasional slack.  :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GoLions on June 05, 2017, 10:21:46 PM
Ok RD/AK, all I ask is that you name one of JPK/Nank, haha (maybe you can pick one each?)

Quote from: Nige on June 05, 2017, 10:23:05 PM
I suggest that Dayne Beams, Dylan Roberton, Taylor Adams and Shane Mumford be seriously considered.

I've just sent AK the team based purely off highest averages and all of those guys bar Beams made the cut

Highest average gives us a starting template, but we'll see who makes the final cut once we've had a chat about it ;)