Colliwobblers - The Final Cut UPDATE - The Final Truth

Started by Colliwobblers, December 27, 2011, 06:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt_352

I like :) how good are smedts and cameron ? dont know much about them

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Matt_352 on January 07, 2012, 04:21:40 PM
I like :) how good are smedts and cameron ? dont know much about them

smedts is a definate, he is a stand out at preseason for the cats and missed last year from injury but he will be great.
Cameron is great but where they play him and how they play him and when they play will determine if i keep him.

Colliwobblers

This shows how much of a noobie i am, I can't have Shaw, Clarke, Heppell & Grimes all have week 12 bye.

So looking at the team below do i drop grimes to a rook and upgrade fwd or other line or do i change grimes to the likes of waters or grima on a week 11 bye? and i cant change him to anyone on a week 13 bye because i have goddard,Lids & Conca on week 13 bye.

TEAM:COLLIWOBBLERS
Defenders
Brendon Goddard,Heath Shaw,Brett Deledio,Dyson Heppell,Jack Grimes,Reece Conca,Marty Clarke(Brandon Ellis,Tim Mohr)
Midfielders
Dane Swan,Gary Ablett,Scott Thompson,Michael Barlow,Sam Docherty,Kyal Horsley(Dayne Zorko,James McDonald)
Rucks
Aaron Sandilands,Ben McEvoy(Jonathan Giles,Orren Stephensen)
Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,Allen Christensen,Adam Tomlinson,Ahmed Saad,Adam Treloar(Billie Smedts,Jeremy Cameron)
CASH LEFT: $3,600

The Silent Partner

Hey colliwobbler
The team looks good but those byes are an issue at least its in your backs I have tried to keep at least one premo in def  mid fwd that has a different round bye. But god its hard all the top shelf want a vacation together!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: The Silent Partner on January 09, 2012, 08:29:49 PM
Hey colliwobbler
The team looks good but those byes are an issue at least its in your backs I have tried to keep at least one premo in def  mid fwd that has a different round bye. But god its hard all the top shelf want a vacation together!

Yeah grimes has to go he needs to become a round 11 bye player, at his price that throws up the likes of waters grima.... many others but i would have taken grimes over them maybe it has to waters, or a rook and i'll upgrade the fwd line i do not know.

probably still need to change shaw or goddard or both. to adcock and who knows who else, i am resigned to the fact there will be a few donuts over the bye rounds and i am not worried about the rooks because they should be traded by then but i think the byes this year are going to require sideways premium/keeper trading, i just done see any other way, and frankly i think! the scores of the best players regardless of byes for 10 rounds is worth burning the trades during the byes to cover the donuts, but its as many as 9 trades thats a lot of trades to burn.

I heard somewhere the system over the bye rounds might be changing?? darn i hope it does

Colliwobblers

OK after copping somw (warranted) heat for my weak fwdline I have taken from the back line to add strength to the FWD line, I could have and still can afford to add a premium in the place of Brown and again take the money from the DEF BUT, I have 2 keepers in the fwd from rnd12 bye and 2 from rnd13 bye, so to not have to get a dounut for one or have to trade a keeper i want to keep out and in again i need to pick a premium with a rnd 11 bye, well there isnt one i want - hence brown.

Anyway, thoughts. And yes i know this won't be our final teams in early january and all the rooks will change, but its a matter of working out the best structure for the keeper / premiums around the bye rounds that might take us all the next 3 months to sort out :)

TEAM: COLLIWOBBLERS

Defenders
Heath Scotland,Heath Shaw,Brett Deledio,Dyson Heppell,Reece Conca,Marty Clarke,Brandon Ellis(Tim Mohr,Beau Wilkes)

Midfielders
Dane Swan,Gary Ablett,Tom Rockliff,Michael Barlow,Stephen Clifton,Dayne Zorko(Dylan Shiel,James McDonald)

Rucks
Aaron Sandilands,Matthew Leuenberger(Jonathan Giles,Orren Stephensen)

Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,Allen Christensen,Jonathan Brown,Ahmed Saad,Billie Smedts(Adam Treloar,Curtly Hampton)

CASH: $24,000 not comfortable with this cash left may downgrade scotland-goddard & Rockliff-Thompson to get another $50K in the bank to start season with ($75K total)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 11, 2012, 11:56:35 PM
OK after copping some (warranted) heat for my weak fwdline I have taken from the back line to add strength to the FWD line, I could have and still can afford to add a premium in the place of Brown and again take the money from the DEF BUT, I have 2 keepers in the fwd from rnd12 bye and 2 from rnd13 bye, so to not have to get a dounut for one or have to trade a keeper i want to keep out and in again i need to pick a premium with a rnd 11 bye, well there isnt one i want - hence brown.

Anyway, thoughts. And yes i know this won't be our final teams in early january and all the rooks will change, but its a matter of working out the best structure for the keeper / premiums around the bye rounds that might take us all the next 3 months to sort out :)

Defenders
Heath Scotland,Heath Shaw,Brett Deledio,Dyson Heppell,Reece Conca,Marty Clarke,Brandon Ellis(Tim Mohr,Beau Wilkes)
Midfielders
Dane Swan,Gary Ablett,Tom Rockliff,Michael Barlow,Stephen Clifton,Dayne Zorko(Dylan Shiel,James McDonald)
Rucks
Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,Allen Christensen,Jonathan Brown,Ahmed Saad,Billie Smedts(Adam Treloar,Curtly Hampton)
CASH: $24,000

OR

Defenders
Heath Shaw,Brett Deledio,Dyson Heppell,J Adcock,Reece Conca,Marty Clarke,Brandon Ellis(Tim Mohr,Beau Wilkes)
Midfielders
Rucks
Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,S Sidebottom,Allen Christensen,Ahmed Saad,Billie Smedts(Adam Treloar,Curtly Hampton)
CASH: $2,400

popedelio

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 12, 2012, 02:42:15 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 11, 2012, 11:56:35 PM
OK after copping some (warranted) heat for my weak fwdline I have taken from the back line to add strength to the FWD line, I could have and still can afford to add a premium in the place of Brown and again take the money from the DEF BUT, I have 2 keepers in the fwd from rnd12 bye and 2 from rnd13 bye, so to not have to get a dounut for one or have to trade a keeper i want to keep out and in again i need to pick a premium with a rnd 11 bye, well there isnt one i want - hence brown.

Defenders
Midfielders
Rucks
Forwards
CASH: $24,000

OR

Defenders
Heath Shaw,Brett Deledio,Dyson Heppell,J Adcock,Reece Conca,Marty Clarke,Brandon Ellis(Tim Mohr,Beau Wilkes)
Midfielders
Rucks
Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,S Sidebottom,Allen Christensen,Ahmed Saad,Billie Smedts(Adam Treloar,Curtly Hampton)
CASH: $2,400

I prefer the second team with sidey, the newish AFL article on him has enticed me and he can push for that 90 avg where as jono i can only see hitting 85, though i do want the big fella to prove me wrong.

overall the side is very solid, though why is everyone on the Conca wagon? The boy just hasn't proven enough to play consistent through the middle and you would need him to improve to a average of 90, if he doesn't you will want to upgrade him and you are going to find it very hard to find the money.

Though the thing is if you move Conca it will stuff up your whole team structure, so your in a bit of a pickle. downgrading will only make your defense weak, and you can only upgrade him if you make changes to your midfield, which i cant pick what you would change.

So atm i wouldn't make any changes though Conca is a weak spot in your defense, good luck for this year

mdub

Why dont you upgrade christo down grade brown

Colliwobblers

Thanks popedilio, spot on with side bottom. I don't want to be without him now either training and playing in the midfield, learning from swanny , uh lock.
As for cona, he did better last season than his average gives him credit for and he is much more highly rated by just about everyone than most people realize. He is an out and out gun and he should play in the midfield this season which will see him get around the 90 and be a keeper, if he falls a bit short he will have made. M a lot of money so I can live with that, but your ring ATM he is the weak spot in my def but I can't see as you say how to fix him even if I wanted to the only place I will make changes to my team is now def and fwd so one or the other has to be a little weaker.

popedelio

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 13, 2012, 11:45:02 PM
Thanks popedilio, spot on with side bottom. I don't want to be without him now either training and playing in the midfield, learning from swanny , uh lock.
As for cona, he did better last season than his average gives him credit for and he is much more highly rated by just about everyone than most people realize. He is an out and out gun and he should play in the midfield this season which will see him get around the 90 and be a keeper, if he falls a bit short he will have made. M a lot of money so I can live with that, but your ring ATM he is the weak spot in my def but I can't see as you say how to fix him even if I wanted to the only place I will make changes to my team is now def and fwd so one or the other has to be a little weaker.
Only reason why i critcised the selection of Conca is the fact that i dont see him making an average of 80 at best, meaning the money you earn from him would be lower if you get a rookie and they average 70, because you would save intitally a 100kat the start.

Though if your gut feeling says stick with him, do it mate, good luck for this year

Colliwobblers

Thanks again mate and you make a good point on him, he is my risk him and Christensen, not to say if an extra available back line rook shines in nab cup I won't put him in instead of conca and I kind of hope one does so I have the extra coin to upgrade with.

Good luck to you for the season too.

popedelio

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 14, 2012, 12:03:07 AM
Thanks again mate and you make a good point on him, he is my risk him and Christensen, not to say if an extra available back line rook shines in nab cup I won't put him in instead of conca and I kind of hope one does so I have the extra coin to upgrade with.

Good luck to you for the season too.
though the thing is christensen has proven that he can score 85ppg, where conca hasn't, i know that his role was in defence this year hence defender status in DT, but he just hasn't shown me enough to warrant selection.

ScoreGasm

I would switch Mcdonald for Treloar in your midfield that way you have the DPP link for your forwards

Colliwobblers

Quote from: ScoreGasm on January 14, 2012, 09:32:13 PM
I would switch Mcdonald for Treloar in your midfield that way you have the DPP link for your forwards

That's a good call only thing is whether there is a worthy replacement for treloar in the fwd line and whether McDonald is too good to pass up, I mean if he plays the first say 8 games straight he could average 70+ and that would be a massive profit....