Main Menu

Brisbanes Pre-Season Matches

Started by Ringo, October 28, 2014, 11:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Brisbane's 3 Pre-season matches are.

Saturday 28th February v St Kilda at the Moreton Bay Centre at Burpengary at 3:10pm,
(Trust the arrangements to run Shuttles from the train station is again instituted as there is limited parking around the venue)

Friday 6th March v Swans at Coffs Harbour 7;40pm, (Match will be televised by Foxtel)
Might have to have a long weekend and go down to Coffs.

Friday 20th March v Gold Coast at Metricon 7:40pm

6 day turn around in first 2 matches is a concern but will obviously give coaches a chance to look at whole squad and would expect some restings possibly on both weeks.

Only 130 days to first pre-season game Lets go and admission is free to members.

GoLions

Absolute poop that none of those are in Victoria

Ringo

Yes Dave agree Think I posted in Lions twitter account about no Vic games so hopefully that means you will be getting your 6 guaranteed games in the actual season.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 28, 2014, 04:16:27 PM
Yes Dave agree Think I posted in Lions twitter account about no Vic games so hopefully that means you will be getting your 6 guaranteed games in the actual season.
I think we are because the membership went up, so assume that's because we're getting more games in Victoria (hopefully)

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on October 28, 2014, 04:34:28 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 28, 2014, 04:16:27 PM
I think we are because the membership went up, so assume that's because we're getting more games in Victoria (hopefully)

membership went up generally Dave - Mine went up $40.

Ringo

On the lions site as well BM just finished watching all 4 quarters.

Adcocks game was interesting could be a bit of a smokie if he continues to run of the HB wing.  maybe with the oressure of caotaincy off he may improve a few ppg.

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on March 01, 2015, 04:15:30 PM
On the lions site as well BM just finished watching all 4 quarters.

Adcocks game was interesting could be a bit of a smokie if he continues to run of the HB wing.  maybe with the oressure of caotaincy off he may improve a few ppg.

Good. Americas smokey   ;D

Ringo

Brisbanes Squad for Friday nights game against Swans.   

1. MCGUANE, Luke
4. AISH, James
5. ROBINSON, Mitch
6. GREEN, Josh
7. ADCOCK. Jed
8. BEWICK, Rohan
9. BEAMS, Dayne
10. RICH. Daniel
12. MARTIN, Stefan
14. STAKER, Brent
15. ZORKO, Dayne
17. BEAMS, Claye
18. ROBERTSON, Nicholas
21. MERRETT, Daniel
22. PAPARONE, Marco
23. LEUENBERGER, Matthew
24. DAWSON, Liam
25. MCSTAY, Daniel
26. CUTLER, Tom
27. GARDINER, Darcy
28. TAYLOR. Lewis
29. MCGRATH, Jaden
30. REDDEN, Jack
32. MAYES, Sam
33. CLOSE, Michael
35. LESTER, Ryan
38. ROCKLIFF. Thomas
42. CLARKE, Justin
47. O’BRIEN, Zac

Only changes to squad Stefan Martin for Archie Smith and a change of academy players with Liam Dawson in for Harris Andrews,

Only Christo missing from squad from available players, Will play against Suns in 2 weeks. Was expecting Jackson Paine to probably oust McGuane but maybe getting a second chance.

Leppa has said he will continue to play strong team due to lack of match practice and working on combos.  Our forward mix between talls and smalls will continue to evolve and may not be resolved till the early rounds of the comp. Jaden McGrath is yet another small who will put pressure on.

Hopefully our handling will be a lot better this week, Very Rusty last week even amongst senior players such as Adcock, Zorko and Rocky.

Will be interested to observe if Bewick and Paporone keep their form up and whether Adcock keeps his roving role of HB.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on March 04, 2015, 05:05:02 PM
Will be interested to observe if Bewick and Paporone keep their form up and whether Adcock keeps his roving role of HB.
Also pretty keen on the roles of Bewick and Adcock