Main Menu

McGrath's last hurrah

Started by Ricochet, August 21, 2014, 10:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-08-21/mcgraths-last-hurrah

2003 premiership player Ash McGrath, today announced he will retire from AFL football following Sunday's clash between the Lions and Fremantle.

McGrath will take to the Gabba one last time on Sunday after a career spanning 213 games and 14 years.

Nige

I'm not gonna lie, but last time I saw Ash McGrath play it looked like he was already enjoying retirement.  ;)

But yeah, good on him on a great career which has had some very big moments.

Ricochet

Ringo

Was expecting this to happen as well and now more space in Brisbane's salary war chest for the future.

And yes Richo that is definitely the one that stands out especially being at the ground as well.

Enjoy the retirement "Boonj" comes a time when we all slow down.  Have enjoyed your runs of HB over the years running through the centre. Will miss you humour and your weekly segments on the web.

Obviously this means he will be in team this week so that probably puts paid to any chance of ZOB getting recalled for those of us hoping. Unless of course he will just be given a non playing send off.

Nige

nrich102

Thanks for the career Ash, have been a good player.

Wasn't really unexpected I guess. Ash retiring means that Mayes should go back forward and score better in fantasy  ;)

GoLions

Yeah was pretty much expected. Had a good career, with the major highlight obviously being the Cats game, which I don't think I'll ever forget. Hopefully we can give him a decent send off game :)