Main Menu

Expectations

Started by bowyanger, March 06, 2015, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

I look through the Brisbane team and their best 22 is not too shabby at all IMO

If they have some luck with injuries I think they will definitely give finals a shake

Sure they lack KPP but if the mids bang it into the fwd line all the time then that's giving them best chance to snare a few sausage rolls

Likewise if the mids put defensive pressure on opposition fwd entries it means less clean ball, less time and even less entries from the mids

Pretty handy players rolling round the midfield...gee imagine if Hanley was playing

Redden
Zorko
Rich
Rockliffe
Aish
Adcock
Beams
Christensen
Robinson

Not too shabby

Throw in 2 big blokes that can hold their own in Martin & Luey....

Very impressive on ball brigade

GoLions

I'd probably expect a finish around 12th-13th. Would be fairly disappointed if we finished bottom 4. Best case scenario would probably be about 10th IMO, but unlikely.

nrich102

Quote from: GoLions on March 07, 2015, 01:56:20 AM
I'd probably expect a finish around 12th-13th. Would be fairly disappointed if we finished bottom 4. Best case scenario would probably be about 10th IMO, but unlikely.
Yeah, I agree. I think next year we should really be aiming for finals, but this year with Freeman and Close still developing, I think we should be hoping to finish 10th-12th.

Ringo

Will be happy with a 10 - 12 finish but may surprise as there is little imo in the teams that are vying for positions 6 - 12 Top 5 pick themselves (Hawthorn, Sydney, Port, Freo and Geelong) then anyones game for the next positions.

Our current list and experience reminds a lot of where we were in 1999 and 2000 so watch out for 2017,

bowyanger

Who would their main competition be for 10th then?

Carlton? I think Lions are better

Suns? Adelaide?

Having such a strong on ball brigade may make stars out of the forwards putting it on top of their head all the time

How old was Franklin when he Kicked 100 in 2008? Yes he is a freak but it was the midfields dominance that helped

Lions have a different set up with the mosquito fleet...a Superstar FF is not the be all and end all

Girlong had who as a dominant FWD during their premiership era? Chappy?...not really a KPF...

Sure their not going to go top 4 but if I was Lions supporter Id be thinking banging around the 8 with a massive home ground advantage is not out of the question....injuries permitting

nrich102

I think next year is the year.

Pretty much this is what I think the ladder will look like come the end of the year;

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Port
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. Richmond
7. North Melbourne
8. Gold Coast
9. West Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Adelaide
12. Essendon
13. Brisbane
14. GWS
15. Melbourne
16. Carlton
17. Dogs
18. St Kilda

A lot will depend on what happens with Essendon and the doping stuff, but I do think next year is the year.

Big Mac

I'd definitely back you to finish higher than collingwood

nrich102

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 08, 2015, 04:21:18 PM
IMO the teams from 6-13 could be in any order. Collingwood will probably drop if anything and if the ASADA thing doesn't do too much then they should rise.

elephants

Quote from: nrich102 on March 08, 2015, 04:35:22 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on March 08, 2015, 04:21:18 PM
IMO the teams from 6-13 could be in any order. Collingwood will probably drop if anything and if the ASADA thing doesn't do too much then they should rise.

I feel like WCE will be lower than 9th. It kills me but Darling off no pre-season and Mackenzie, easily our most important/irreplaceable player, out for the season I feel like we're gonna struggle :(

bowyanger

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Port
4. Essendon
5. Fremantle
6. Geelong
7. North Melbourne
8. Gold Coast
9. Richmond
10.  Brisbane
11. Adelaide
12. Collingwood
13. Carlton
14. GWS
15. West Coast
16. Melbourne
17. Dogs
18. St Kilda

Fixed...Dependant on the Essendon / ASADA circus

nrich102

Quote from: bowyanger on March 10, 2015, 08:40:53 AM
9. Richmond
;D ;D

No way in the world Essendon will make the top 4. Even more chance of Melbourne making it IMO.

Essendon will finish no higher than 7th.

elephants

Quote from: nrich102 on March 10, 2015, 06:08:48 PM
No way in the world Essendon will make the top 4. Even more chance of Melbourne making it IMO.

Yeah can't really see this hey

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on March 11, 2015, 01:33:12 PM

Zero chance

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 11, 2015, 01:51:20 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 11, 2015, 01:33:12 PM

Zero chance
Generous!  :P

Ricochet

While top 4 is seriously unlikely, if they only cop 2 week bans they could have a decent season