2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Hunter R3 with Briggs at D8. If Flynn gets the gig and Hunter gets dropped you can just do Briggs to Murray (assuming he holds his spot) and Hunter to Flynn as correction trades after round 2. Problem solved.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 12, 2021, 11:02:11 PM
Hunter R3 with Briggs at D8. If Flynn gets the gig and Hunter gets dropped you can just do Briggs to Murray (assuming he holds his spot) and Hunter to Flynn as correction trades after round 2. Problem solved.

Not sure I would do a corrective trade for Murray, you either start him or worry about guys with rock solid JS. Talia & Doedee to come back.

enzedder

Quote from: hawkers65 on March 12, 2021, 09:01:26 PM
Quote from: enzedder on March 12, 2021, 08:26:04 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 12, 2021, 08:11:49 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 12, 2021, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 12, 2021, 06:52:04 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 12, 2021, 06:48:14 PM
Quote from: enzedder on March 12, 2021, 06:35:19 PM
I’m still going with Hunter. If he plays every week then I expect him to be better than Meek, Flynn and Briggs if they were also to play every week. Hunter is also 102k which is another positive.
Marshall has a stress injury so he may be a long term injury or in and out of the team.
Ryder is a unknown. Personal leave/ mental health....May be 5-10 weeks... who knows? It is all speculation...Jack Steven a case in point.

I'm thinking the same can't see Paddy rushing back and Ratten said they will not be rushing Marshall back but will wait to see what goes down at GWS good thing is they play each other R1.

It's a tough one, Flynn seems to have the JS but Hunter appears to be the best ruck judging by his SANFL stats. The deciding factor is Briggs because you know if Flynn spuds it you will get the rewards in the backline.
I'm just happy there is a couple of cheap rucks this year  ;)

Yep, highly unusual but I've never seen the backline in such disarray. This will cause quite a few headaches I suspect, particularly if someone like Clark fails to cement his spot.

The biggest surprise for me this year is the love of Rowell, 50% is staggering for a bloke who has played 5 games of AFL footy. Add the injury & it all looms as a recipe for disaster. Much better value with Taranto or if there are lingering doubts, grab a tried and trusted premo.

In any case, I feel ok about my squad, still looks weird with 5 premo defenders but aside from Highmore, the cupboard is bare.
I have Highmore too. Reckon Carlisle comes in for Frawley though so hopeful at best. That cupboard may still be bare.
Lachlan Jones at Port and Kosi at Hawthorn are our best cheap chances IMO.

Highmore was in the A's today, Carlise in the B's
While that is true most Saint fans would love for it to be Carlisle that comes in to the side. The defence works best with him in it. He had back issues that are likely ongoing and he was absent at the end of last year for the birth of his child but as he is playing now I can’t see how he is not best 22 unless something else has happened we don’t know about.
Possibly there are no suitable GWS match ups for him as Himmelberg and Finlayson aren’t the biggest of forwards.

Samsturmfels

Dow now in 34% of teams. I feel like if i dont select him i may regret it but wont be getting him ahead of Impey/Ziebell/Campbell. Although he may have more opportunity this year, his scoring history has been pretty bad.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 15, 2021, 08:12:14 PM
Dow now in 34% of teams. I feel like if i dont select him i may regret it but wont be getting him ahead of Impey/Ziebell/Campbell. Although he may have more opportunity this year, his scoring history has been pretty bad.

Fool's gold IMO, if he defies my expectations I'll do a correction trade with Ziebell or Daniher but 200k is a fair chunk of change. 34% is heartening however, it means other lines have been compromised.

RaisyDaisy

That's 34% of teams out of the running already  ;D

Fid

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 15, 2021, 09:03:45 PM
That's 34% of teams out of the running already  ;D

Then again there's 20% that still have Cockatoo in their team   :o

I'm pretty sure that he has never strung 3 games in a row

shaker

Treacy suspended for 2 matches

RoughRed

IntegralX

Might be safe to dump Treacy now. Or keep him for a loophole.

Bully

Quote from: IntegralX on March 15, 2021, 11:24:17 PM
Might be safe to dump Treacy now. Or keep him for a loophole.

Not great news, he was a cheapie I was relying on. Suppose I now have to find funds for Fullerton.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 15, 2021, 08:19:32 PM
Fool's gold IMO, if he defies my expectations I'll do a correction trade with Ziebell or Daniher but 200k is a fair chunk of change. 34% is heartening however, it means other lines have been compromised.

It's easier to set aside the cash for someone and trade down compared to finding the cash later. He is going to have a pretty SC friendly role and see heavy use at the CB's. The coaches love him as well since we received trade offers for him and they knocked them back. I'm inclined to start him and then trade him out if he busts. I didn't think he would be in 34% of teams though

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2021, 01:50:44 AM
Quote from: Bully on March 15, 2021, 08:19:32 PM

It's easier to set aside the cash for someone and trade down compared to finding the cash later. He is going to have a pretty SC friendly role and see heavy use at the CB's. The coaches love him as well since we received trade offers for him and they knocked them back. I'm inclined to start him and then trade him out if he busts. I didn't think he would be in 34% of teams though

Good chance to be dropped as well, 42 games of mediocrity tells me this is a longshot.

Mat0369

He played 20 and 19 games in year one and two before playing 3 last year. He had a knee injury last season which is why he only played 3 games. He probably isn't getting dropped