Arbels Aces 2024

Started by arbel, February 22, 2024, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

With your rank I wouldn't carry a ton of cash, think a premium in is a must and Cheezel an excellent option.

Jordon should go.

Howes and Duursma can go's.

Clohesy looked very good, watched that game.

Pity your short to go howes to sheez + jordon to comben.

Clohesy you can get next week if he backs it up for either rookie or might even have to be D'Ambrosio depending how he goes. Which then opens up Duursma to Comben if he backs it up.

I'd probably go option 3. Maybe Graham as Ringo says But IDK much about either option (Graham/Ramsden) Graham the one the masses and the top 1% are jumping on though.

Mat0369

Looking at your structure, I like the idea of Howes to Clohesy to bank the cash and turning Jordon into a premium.

If I'm in your spot I'd maybe look at Duursma out, it's risky bringing in multiple guys that have only played one game and are so cheap because if they get dropped or injured they're dead rookies. Trading Duursma you probably want to make the most of the cash and not grab a Walter/Wehr type that you make barely any dollars. Graham makes sense since he opens up a DPP link and at worst he can sit on your midfield bench if he flops.

Sheezel is probably going to give you the most points, but it also opens up the question about what to do in the forward line. If Sanders gets DPP that will be handy, but you don't want to be bleeding points by starting a rookie at F3 in the coming weeks. There are not many names that stand out as premium forward options. Maybe Zorko, Bolton or even Dusty if he can stay healthy. Dusty post bye may be a decent pick at his price with his upside.

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 08, 2024, 10:39:46 PMSheezel is probably going to give you the most points, but it also opens up the question about what to do in the forward line. If Sanders gets DPP that will be handy, but you don't want to be bleeding points by starting a rookie at F3 in the coming weeks. There are not many names that stand out as premium forward options. Maybe Zorko, Bolton or even Dusty if he can stay healthy. Dusty post bye may be a decent pick at his price with his upside.

I think Sheezel is my first goal. I was thinking Zorko as he has the role at the moment but want to see what happens when McKenna gets back.

Mat0369

Zorko has a 65 BE compared to Sheezel with a BE of 88. Both will most likely go up in price but it's still about what banks you the most points. If you feel that's Sheezel I'd make the move, but you need to try and upgrade that F3 spot at the end of the next batch of byes because you don't want to be bleeding points there. Maybe that is Adams? He will be cheapish and obtainable

arbel

I had Adams from the start of the year until his injury, decent first game so he could be a target in a couple weeks

arbel

Round 5

Score: 1930
Round Rank: 28,517
Cash: $56,100
Trades Left: 32

That weekend hurt my brain. Still managed a competitive score but dropped 1500 spots overall. Not helped with 3 premiums in Green, Laird and Bont all scoring 80 or less. Then add to that, got destroyed with the rookies. Clark sub. Sanders got Bevo'd again and McKercher injury. This has seriously hurt plans I had for this week.

So what to do this week? Was hoping to hold McKercher but with the possible injury and now a breakeven of 101 he has to go. Clark also just not getting a run and will drop money although he is probably just best to leave as M11. Need to get Clohesy in and was thinking D'Ambrosio or Williams for cash grab but both scored well and will make money again. So Draper I think likely to go for him but doing that leaves me no cash on other lines with the other rookies performing bad.

Option 1: Draper to Clohesy, McKercher to Comben (179.2k left) DEF line decent and leaves good cash. Potential Windsor and Duursma will lose money
Option 2: D'Ambrosio to Clohesy, McKercher to Comben (346.4k left) leaves more cash but still have Draper. No other real DEF rookies coming through.
Option 3: D'Ambrosio to Clohesy, McKercher to Comben, Windsor to Zorko (69.4k left) Gets another good FWD in, Zorko a risk with injury but no other FWD's standing out.

Flirting with the idea of getting a Cameron (Geel) or Curnow in cos they scoring well but always risk with key position.

Bully

I like option 1, checking BE's D'Ambrosio due to hit 390k in a fortnight, Draper may not even make money with a BE of 33. Ideally you want D'Ambrosio at D7.

Zorko risky although I said the same thing about Yeo and he's killing it at the moment.

Mat0369

I'm not sure how you slipped so much in the rankings, the score looks good and so does the team.

I think I would hold D'Ambrosio. Looking at your rookies, I'd be inclined to do something like this

McKercher > Clohesy using Daicos/Yeo
Windsor > Comben

Use the boost and you can probably do Sanders to BPA in either the midfield or forward line. Zorko is the one that still stands out with his scoring. Curnow won't get Sam Taylor this week but then gets Geelong. Cameron I like as an option but he is a bit of a rollercoaster.

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 15, 2024, 09:11:49 PMI'm not sure how you slipped so much in the rankings, the score looks good and so does the team.

Yeah no idea I thought my score was still okay. Bont, Green and Laird all horrible scores which def cost me a few spots.
Had a look, and a lot of other top teams only had 1 or 2 of those 3 players. Instead had butters/miller who killed it so that's what cost I guess.

Could do McKercher/Sanders/Windsor to Clohesy, Comben and Zorko. Then next week. Duursma becomes Nyuon if he holds his spot

Colliwobblers

Don't stress too much about the ranking drop, the gaps are extremely small that close to the top you rise and fall quite dramatically especially this early in the season. Not a lot of points in it.

Definitely Mckercher to Clohesy.

Draper will be fine, fine as in as long as he keeps playing and once the 21 drops out he'll slowly grow.

Windsor is pretty close to maxed out you'd think, so I'd trade him to Comben.

Maybe you can boost for a premium I haven't done the maths, or wait until next week another rookie downgrade and in with a premium.

I wouldn't trade D'Ambrosio. Yet.

Clark is hard to trade at that price but he's going to bleed cash. But if Sanders gets you zorko that's worth considering.

Again, it's tough at the top, hard to hold cash in the bank if the people around you spent it and you held it, you go backwards.

In saying that if you get a bit more and spend it better the next round, you go straight back past them.

If getting another 100k from a rookie downgrade next round to Nyuon potentially gets you another in form potential top midfielder, that may be better than getting on zorko?

Ringo

Would wait on Zorko - Mckenna is available this week which may result in Zorko forward again. So would wait to see where he lines up as his best work is behind the ball.

Mat0369

Quote from: arbel on April 16, 2024, 02:02:38 PMYeah no idea I thought my score was still okay. Bont, Green and Laird all horrible scores which def cost me a few spots.
Had a look, and a lot of other top teams only had 1 or 2 of those 3 players. Instead had butters/miller who killed it so that's what cost I guess.

Could do McKercher/Sanders/Windsor to Clohesy, Comben and Zorko. Then next week. Duursma becomes Nyuon if he holds his spot

It's mind boggling, it feels like a year where a 'par' score has you sitting in the 25 to 30k range for the week.

They were saying tonight that Sanders may not be dropped but start as the sub due to his temper tantrum after getting subbed out last week. It's going to be an interesting week for the Dogs because the pressure is mounting on Bevo and there is a lot of mixed messages from the club. The Dogs play the first game of the round so it will be easy to make a quick call.

I actually quite like those trades and it gives you some flexibility. Zorko is one of the only forward listed players that has been consistently producing. The other options to look at are Bolton who is a roller coaster and Adams who will be an ideal trade in option if he scores well again this week. You could almost bring Zorko in this week, Adams in next week and your forward line is looking like a strength with only two rookies on the field.

arbel

So many choices don't know which way to go, giving me a headache. Most definitely will be getting in Clohesy for McKercher via Yeo to the mids.

What to do after:

Windsor to Comben (261k left)
Windsor to Comben and Duursma to Adams/Cameron (30.2k/8.8k left)
Windsor to Comben and Sanders to Adams/Cameron/Zorko (134.4k/113k/43.1k left)
Windsor to Nyuon and Duursma to Adams/Cameron/Zorko (133.4k/112k/42.1k left)

Some risk and reward in all. If Sanders starts as the sub then definitely pull the trigger on him. Next week wanting to then get in Nyuon if he has another decent game and probably get Walsh in with his price only at 570k.

2 choices for VC tonight. Steele on fire and dogs don't tag that often or Bont who rarely puts 2 bad games together.

Mat0369

I'd be inclined to do the Windsor and Sanders to Comben and Zorko moves. Leave the flexibility to grab Adams the week after if he has another strong game without getting injured

arbel

Round 6

Score: 1987
Round Rank: 14,398
Cash: $43,100
Trades Left: 29

Managed to get back up into the top 2k overall, pretty happy considering Laird, Green and Steele all did bad. Injuries to Stewart and Williams, D'Ambrosio copping the vest and Comben, for whatever brain fade Clarko had, to swing him FWD so could have been a lot higher.

Walsh has to come in, seems a no brainer there. Williams achilles can be bad and was always a stepping stone. With the 33 in his cycle think it's time to go. So this week seems straight forward. I have 4 boosts still so will use one for cash and will likely go:

Williams, Sharp and Duursma to Walsh (via Yeo), Garcia (Stk) and one of Drury/Nyuon. Leaves 89.2k in the bank. Means I'll have to cop Drapers score this week but don't know how else to cover that unless trade Stewart.

This will depend on teams obviously but leaves me in good position. FWD line the glaring issue but enough rookies there making money. Petracca probably comes in next week depending on scores. Adams or Macrae on my watchlist too