is MPP vital atm?

Started by ben_ess94, May 06, 2011, 09:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_ess94

with only one team byes for the next coming weeks,
its not worth it buying MPP players jsut because of MPP is it?

Dunham29

One team byes mpp shouldn't matter but 3 team byes they are extremely important to my team. I saved 3-4 donuts this year with mpp

bowyanger

I find it handy for injuries, suspensions and whover the team is playing...if I have an average rookie playing the suns, I would rather him play than an average rookie playing the pies...also helps with friday night subs..I reckon primarily MPP bench warmers are good to have...and it sure is handy having a premium link...if it wasnt for Higgo / Sylvia link I would be fruited this week

Torress

i think linking prems is silly, you'd prefer for example a gun m/f to be in the forward line with gun mids (plain old mids!) in your midfield? so linking prems and rookies for me can be handy.
mpp will prob come in handy later in season when our teams are upgraded and we are covering prems more so than covering these multi byes.
i didn't start with many links but it seems i might end up with a few as some good rookies are coming thru with mpp - jacobs, mzunga, hibberd, smith?? ,

ajjewell

This is the way I am looking at it, I didn't start with many but I seem to be picking up a few rookies that are mpp and it has been handy

BlueStorm

Certainly so, the MPP capability with both Premiums and Rookies has been the only thing saving me sending out 18-20 (of 22) each week. OK, we are kicking off a long run of single bye weeks, but the added insurance for when the big names go down is priceless.

I don't advocate buying players based purely on this basis, but to me it is an argument settler if hovering over two players and one is MPP.

If you want your midfield to be made up of pure midfielders, you can still achieve that during the year, but the versatility of players like ROK, Goodes, Pavlich, Chapman et al can't be understated when you are trying to cover holes.

bowyanger

Quote from: BlueStorm on May 06, 2011, 08:31:21 PM
Certainly so, the MPP capability with both Premiums and Rookies has been the only thing saving me sending out 18-20 (of 22) each week. OK, we are kicking off a long run of single bye weeks, but the added insurance for when the big names go down is priceless.

I don't advocate buying players based purely on this basis, but to me it is an argument settler if hovering over two players and one is MPP.

If you want your midfield to be made up of pure midfielders, you can still achieve that during the year, but the versatility of players like ROK, Goodes, Pavlich, Chapman et al can't be understated when you are trying to cover holes.
Yup....an example of premium MPP would be Bj & Lids....Chappy & Pav...all are competetive midfielder scorers. Im actually gunning for 4 forward MPP in the guts (1 x premium, 1 x moo machine) for forwards...& ditto for defenders...at the moment Ive got Sylvia, Higgo & I.Smith (Callinan or Mzungu to come) = forwards....BJ, Lids & Heppell (Jacobs or Hibberd to come). Ive got the Ruck/Fwd Mpp with Petrie & Tiprat. Also had Fwd / back MPP in Astbury & McKernan...Ive sacked Astbury and am seriously considering Grundy down the line for when things get tight at the end..MPP = saviour