2024 Discussion thread

Started by Ringo, August 09, 2023, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

As we approach the end of the season time for a review of this season and look to the future.

At times it has been frustrating with AF data but have been able to get details to complete results,  As AF does not allow utilities in their structure there is manual work involved which I am happy to continue.  Have enjoyed the competition and doing updates and the errors pointed out due to the manual calculations.

Is there an alternataive to AF that we may wish to use? Open to suggestions

Please feel free to express ideas here and any suggested rule changes.

I have appreciated the effort all 12 coaches and trust all will continue however if you wish to relinquish team kindly advise me as I understand at times circumstances and priorities change,

Peter

I am happy to return even without chatter on Discord

Peter

Remove HGA from all finals games should be
considered again, to be consistent with the GF.
It is not like the AFL where a team may have a HGA such
as Brisbane, whereas here we have teams made up of
players from all clubs.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Peter on August 18, 2023, 03:55:53 PM
Remove HGA from all finals games should be
considered again, to be consistent with the GF.
It is not like the AFL where a team may have a HGA such
as Brisbane, whereas here we have teams made up of
players from all clubs.

Do away with the ladder and give the premiership to whoever scores the most in round 23

SilverLion

Happy to continue as is, think midyear DPPs needs to be put to a vote.

SydneyRox

Happy to go again. working on a suggestion to create new team board.

Like mid year DPP, do we currently endorse this?

Any objection to a Name Change from Hebden while I am at it?

SydneyRox

Nothing silly like Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or Boggy Bottom

but just a change up :)

Peter

I think the former is a good change up

SydneyRox

well, I have tried to create a new team board with no luck.... database error if anyone knows what that means.... besides Monty leaving this whole forum to die...

Ringo

With RD0 and AF playing through the early byes, What do you think of this suggestion but will require some manual work. 
You name in the RD 0 thread players you wish to have scores added in the 4 early byes,  You must play these players on field in the relative byes for score to count,
Bit of a risk but also allows you to maximise scores during byes.
Please feel free to comment here.

Peter

A bit complicated - isn't 15 out of 50 enough, whether two teams have byes or not?

Ringo

Whilst it sounds OK with 15 out of 50 need to also consider that if for argument sake you have Daicos, Petracca, Oliver, Walsh. Miller and co over our season they would have one less score than players from  other teams which means you may miss 6 on %,  Also could cost you a game in the bye rounds if playing a team who has little round 0,
Say in Rd 3 if I were to play Steins I would like the option of playing Miller to offset.

Peter