2nd Trade Period

Started by ossie85, December 11, 2012, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Completed Trades

Dublin trade Dale Thomas and Troy Chaplin to Cape Town for Joel Selwood and Lachie Hunter

Seoul trade Clancee Pearce and Jed Bews to Cairo for Hayden Ballantyne and Jarryn Geary

Player movements (max 4 per club):
Cairo: 2
Cape Town: 2
Dublin: 2
Seoul: 2

Hi all - the year just keeps ticking on by! Looking forward to the draft, and starting this all again :)

We've had our many, many months of trading - so hopefully your sides are pretty much set (with some holes to be filled in the drafts).

But the curve ball are position changes of players - losing DPP, changing entirely, not changing like expected, etc.

So the next trade period is AFTER all the positions for players have been announced (I know some have already), and after all the drafts.

Trading will be limited to FOUR player movements per team, and has to be either one for one, two for two, three for three or four for four.

But a twist - Trades will only be allowed if it is because of a positional change (or an expected position change that didn't happen, which has got to be reasonable). So this means you can trade...
- A player whose position changed
- A player whose position DIDN'T changed as expected (have to provide a very good reason why you thought that)
- Trading to fill spots in your team vacated by position changes.

The team you are trading with doesn't have to trade for the above reasons.

I'll decide if a trade is fair or not - but I will be very lenient, don't worry  :P

Hope that makes sense....

Holz

ossie just a question on this, Thomas gained his F/M status and this was leaked only a day or two before the trade period ended. Because of the limited time i was unable to trade for a mid only player so that i had enough mids to actually play him up front. Would I be able to trade in a mid in the 2nd period so i can play thomas up front (currently need to play him in the mids).

Or is this rule only for positional changes not yet released?

Ringo

Thank you for the clarification and rules.

Will sit patiently and wait for announcement on 2nd trade period.

Like the idea of you ruling on the change of position.

Question though does this rule stop further trades as an example Can I trade Goddard for Franklin in this period eg a back for a forward  or do they have to meet the 3 criteria listed,

ossie85

If Goddard and Franklin's positions are the same as last quarter, the only way they could be traded is if say one of the teams lost a player in defence/forward that left a hole that needs to be filled....

@Holz, and yeah, Daisy would likely be up for trade.

MajorLazer

What about if a position change has given us a surplus of players in a position?

Eg. Stanley becoming a back has given me too many backs.

ossie85

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 11, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
What about if a position change has given us a surplus of players in a position?

Yep, but that would fall under the 'my player's position changed' category

MajorLazer

Quote from: ossie85 on December 11, 2012, 01:40:40 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 11, 2012, 01:25:39 PM

Yep, but that would fall under the 'my player's position changed' category

Cheers. Just wanted to make sure. :)

Torpedo10

Will be hard for the Tigers to trade......

JBs-Hawks

Any chance Seoul can have some leniency as we had trades organised for last period but couldnt get the final ok because of unfortunate circumstances?

ossie85

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 11, 2012, 06:45:56 PM
Any chance Seoul can have some leniency as we had trades organised for last period but couldnt get the final ok because of unfortunate circumstances?

Is a valid argument, would depend on the trade....

ossie85

It's on guys! Send me your trades (both coaches have to send the trade) and will decide....

If anyone disagrees with me approving or rejecting, you need 8 other coaches to over turn it

Most people seemed ok with that

Trading open until start of preseason

FisherSaints

So if you move say 3 players for 3 players, it's 3 list movements??

ossie85

Quote from: FisherSaints on January 24, 2013, 10:52:45 AM
So if you move say 3 players for 3 players, it's 3 list movements??

Yup

Ringo

Does anyone know where there is a list of players that have lost DPP from last year.  Remember reading it somewhere but have not been able to locate.

This may also help new coaches with the rules for this trade period.

To clarify using team as an example Brent Reilly is now solely a defender last year was DPP with mid, Because this has weakened my midfield can I now seek a midfielder as a trade for a surplus defender.

DazBurg

Quote from: Ringo on January 24, 2013, 11:18:40 AM
Does anyone know where there is a list of players that have lost DPP from last year.  Remember reading it somewhere but have not been able to locate.

This may also help new coaches with the rules for this trade period.

To clarify using team as an example Brent Reilly is now solely a defender last year was DPP with mid, Because this has weakened my midfield can I now seek a midfielder as a trade for a surplus defender.
here ya go ringo
page 62 on world 15 discussion
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44851.msg949603.html#msg949603