Player X vs Player Y - 2019

Started by PassivePenguin, December 23, 2018, 11:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

when in doubt go for the midfielder.   normally more upside unless they are a Laird or Docherty.   

jvalles69

Who do we think benefits the most from Wingard leaving?  Gray or Rocky?

quinny88

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 14, 2019, 03:59:56 PM
Who do we think benefits the most from Wingard leaving?  Gray or Rocky?

Neither really. It doesn't help Rockys sloppy ass body from getting injured and Gray will play a similair role fwd and mid

quinny88

Zach Merrett vs Matt Crouch

Asked this question this time last year and turns out there was no right answer lol

crowls

Quote from: quinny88 on January 14, 2019, 09:51:26 PM

Asked this question this time last year and turns out there was no right answer lol
both, who are your other mids?

RaisyDaisy

I started Crouch last year because I was super keen on him and how he finished 2017. We all know how that ended lol he lasted a game and half  :'(

More to the point, I feel like Sloane should be better this year, and Brad Crouch is returning now too. That combined with the fact Matt seems to need 40 touches to break 120 is why I'm looking to start Zerrett, even with the arrival of Shiel

quinny88

Quote from: crowls on January 14, 2019, 10:24:19 PM

both, who are your other mids?

Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Martin and one of these 2 ^

Ringo

I would be looking at Zerrett. He started the year slowly last year with having difficulty with tags. Suspect Shiel will get the initial tag/ rum with role which further assists Zerrett.

Brad Crouch returning ,ay effect Matt as well/

smashbox

Anyone else have concerns about Dusty? I’m concerned he will get back to his best and think tigs will play him more forward

quinny88

Quote from: smashbox on January 15, 2019, 01:37:34 PM
Anyone else have concerns about Dusty? I’m concerned he will get back to his best and think tigs will play him more forward

With Lynch arriving he will play more midfield than anything. Not required as much up forward

Fid

shaker

ubeaut

Quote from: shaker on January 15, 2019, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: Fid on January 15, 2019, 06:56:53 PM
Chad Wingard V Devon Smith
Smith without blinking an eye
Disagree. I think Chad has more upside. Especially at their respective prices.
Dev relied on massive tackle numbers to score well, and those numbers will be hard to back up. Sheil likely to affect his mid time as well. Hard to see where any improvement comes from, I think 95 at best.
Chad is playing for a better team, so should get more opportunities to score, as well as getting some of Titch's midfield mins.
Lots of room for improvement, could go 105.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ubeaut on January 16, 2019, 10:36:55 AM
Quote from: shaker on January 15, 2019, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: Fid on January 15, 2019, 06:56:53 PM
Chad Wingard V Devon Smith
Smith without blinking an eye
Disagree. I think Chad has more upside. Especially at their respective prices.
Dev relied on massive tackle numbers to score well, and those numbers will be hard to back up. Sheil likely to affect his mid time as well. Hard to see where any improvement comes from, I think 95 at best.
Chad is playing for a better team, so should get more opportunities to score, as well as getting some of Titch's midfield mins.
Lots of room for improvement, could go 105.

I'm the opposite to you

Can't see any reason why Dev will stop tackling as much. He came to Essendon to be a mid and he's cemented that spot now. Shiel will impact someone else

Looking at Chad myself but 105 seems extremely ambitious! Somewhere in the 90-100 range I think

Not sure Titchless Hawks are a better side either...

Fid

At this early stage I am torn between;-

Goldstein and Wingard or Witts and Devon Smith