EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Considering he is a defensive midfielder I would say he's not really a bargain. Won't score that much in my opinion...

elephants

Victor is cheap as chips, rumours are he will play in the double pivot for Southampton but we'll see. I'm almost tempted to get in Jerome Thomas as well as Victor and take advantage of their good rotation :)

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 22, 2013, 02:58:07 PM
Considering he is a defensive midfielder I would say he's not really a bargain. Won't score that much in my opinion...

but won't he have great JS? and if he is a bench mid then you can always rely on him to get minimum 2 or 3 points every week

any Celtic fans might be able to give a bit of advice on Wanyama

elephants

Changes to the Bonus Point awarding system benefits defensive players, I could see Victor racking a few up.

Wanyama still scored a goal every 6 or so games for Celtic so he knows how to find the net!

Luigi197

Luigi is coming!
We got a league set up?

Coz i am so going to improve on my about 5th or so placed out of 30 of us last season.

elephants

Just found out I have two more weeks of holidays ;D

Will post up my team tonight and post my thought on others with it :)

Tominator

UPDATED TEAM

GK: Mignolet (Mannone)

DEF: Luiz, Johnson, Bassong (Williams*, Baker)

MID: Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Fer**, Wanyama***

FWD: van Wolfswinkel, Bony (Deulofeu)

0.5 left

* Williams or Reither?
** Fer or Snodgrass?
*** Wanyama or Kacaniklic?

and then I can get one of   Berbatov/ van Wolfswinkel/Lambert,  and one of Deulofeu/Anelka

so many decisions    ::)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: timmyparso on July 21, 2013, 08:56:47 PM
Thoughts on Bony and Mirallas? Is bony worth 8M?

I'm not really sure on Mirallas, will be worth a look - Thanks for bringing him to my attention ;) At a glance seems a little pricey though.

As for Bony, yes he will quite likely be worth $8M. I have looked at Bony vs. VW and for me VW will get the nod first up. Bony plays in a better team and his time will come, but Swansalona have a tough draw first up, which gets much sexier Gameweek 6 onwards.

VW and Norwich have the better draw to begin, and he's cheaper. All going well he may make you enough cash to straight swap for Bony come Gameweek 6.

Another few points in Bony' favour with regard to his value for money are the plethora of Dutch League players that have come before him into the PL and settled quickly.

It's a bit of a who's who with Bergkamp, van Nistelrooy, Kuyt, Suarez.

Thats a sweet list! 8)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on July 22, 2013, 02:50:58 PM
Victor Wanyama is 5.0 ..... seems like a bargain doesn't he ? for my M5 spot.. him or Kacaniklic?

And is Mertesacker good value at 5.5 given Arsenal's easy run? Considering dumping Vertonghen cos 7.0 seems a bit pricey

Kaca over Wanyama for mine Tom. Im waiting to hear back from Stew42, but if it looks like Kaca will play regular 90 mins he will be hard to keep out of my team.

Mertesacker represents great value at 5.5 with a softish draw...  Just watch that GW 3 game against 'Tottenham HotBale'

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on July 22, 2013, 03:03:04 PM

but won't he have great JS? and if he is a bench mid then you can always rely on him to get minimum 2 or 3 points every week

any Celtic fans might be able to give a bit of advice on Wanyama

If that's what your after, it's difficult to go past Britton at 4.5.

Although 2 pts would be the minimum, 3 maximum.  ::)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

My first up effort!

Still a long way to go, and to be honest the defenders have all just been slotted in for now. My plan is to spend 4.5 across the board in defence except for Mignolet, who now appears to be of irresistible value! I started with a lot of 4.0 defenders last year and I found that noone tends to jump on them en-masse so their prices barely move. If one appears to buck that trend early I can always move one of the defenders I have on, and bank 0.5 in the kitty.

Bearing the 4.5+Mignolet rule for defenders/keepers in mind, you can go nuts on the fwds and mids. Also if you can offer up any 4.5 Def gems you may have hidden away that would be great!  ;)

GKP: Mignolet (Marshall)
Def: Cuellar, Collins, Garrido (Taylor, Clyne)
Mid: Routledge, Bale, Santi Cazorla, Kacanaklic (Sissoko)
Fwd: Van Wolfswinkel, RVP, Dzeko

0.5 left over.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Luigi197 on July 22, 2013, 05:55:31 PM
Luigi is coming!
We got a league set up?

Coz i am so going to improve on my about 5th or so placed out of 30 of us last season.

Did we want to do a classic league, or a Head to Head League?

I can set one up

elephants

Quote from: timmyparso on July 21, 2013, 08:56:47 PM
Thoughts on Bony and Mirallas? Is bony worth 8M?

Maybe and maybe!

Bony can score, we all know that! Is he worth 8 mill? Unsure. Swansea have a bit tougher draw early on this year. I'm keen to wait and see on him.

Mirallas could be an amazing OOP. He plays off the centre-forward and he can/will score and assist. Only problem is the number of strikers and attacking mids Everton have atm...

Watch them both closely though mate ;)

Quote from: Tominator on July 22, 2013, 07:44:29 PM
UPDATED TEAM

GK: Mignolet (Mannone)

DEF: Luiz, Johnson, Bassong (Williams*, Baker)

MID: Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Fer**, Wanyama***

FWD: van Wolfswinkel, Bony (Deulofeu)

0.5 left

* Williams or Reither?
** Fer or Snodgrass?
*** Wanyama or Kacaniklic?

and then I can get one of   Berbatov/ van Wolfswinkel/Lambert,  and one of Deulofeu/Anelka

so many decisions    ::)

*Reither
**Snoddy
***Kac for now, watch this space though. Will be interesting to see if he gets the TOG he needs to score well! JS vs Scoring imo.

Lambert and Deulofeu ;)

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 22, 2013, 09:16:26 PM
My first up effort!

Still a long way to go, and to be honest the defenders have all just been slotted in for now. My plan is to spend 4.5 across the board in defence except for Mignolet, who now appears to be of irresistible value! I started with a lot of 4.0 defenders last year and I found that noone tends to jump on them en-masse so their prices barely move. If one appears to buck that trend early I can always move one of the defenders I have on, and bank 0.5 in the kitty.

Bearing the 4.5+Mignolet rule for defenders/keepers in mind, you can go nuts on the fwds and mids. Also if you can offer up any 4.5 Def gems you may have hidden away that would be great!  ;)

GKP: Mignolet (Marshall)
Def: Cuellar, Collins, Garrido (Taylor, Clyne)
Mid: Routledge, Bale, Santi Cazorla, Kacanaklic (Sissoko)
Fwd: Van Wolfswinkel, RVP, Dzeko

0.5 left over.

Top first up attempt mate! Cheap in defence is 100% the way to go!

I believe that Boruc rotates with Mingolet better than Marshall :)

Not too sure on where Routledge stands at Swansea, they've made a few signing in their attacking third which makes me think rotation may be a danger for him. I read somewhere that Sissoko wants to play in the hole, if thats the case his scoring will be very impressive! Another I will keep tabs on, thanks ;)

Not sold on Dzeko, I assume he is just a place filler for now. Negredo, Jovetic, Aguero are world class strikers and are seemingly ahead of Dzeko for now.

Overall a top effort mate, RVP in that team adds an immense amount :P

Standby lads.. ;)

Nige

Gonna chop and change my team again tonight or tomorrow (probably tomorrow considering I have nothing to do... maybe tonight, idek). The more I think about it, the more I want to include Bale. Switching to the 3-4-3 might be the go.

elephants

The RVP AND Bale Team

Mingolet (Boruc)

Coleman, Turner, Collins (Clyne, Chester)

Bale, Hazard, Kagawa, Ramirez (Thomas)

RVP, Giroud, Anelka

Nothing in the bank.

The RVP Team

Mingolet (Boruc)

Coleman, Turner, Collins (Clyne, Yanga-Mbiwa)

Hazard, Walcott, Kagawa, Paulinho/Arteta (Thomas)

RVP, Sturridge, Anelka

Nothing in the bank.

The Bale Team

Mingolet (Boruc)

Coleman, Turner, Collins (Clyne, Yanga-Mbiwa)

Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Kagawa (Wanyama)

Sturridge, Giroud, Anelka

Nothing in the bank.

Bale-less, RVP-less Team

Mingolet (Boruc)

Agger, Coleman, Collins (Turner, Clyne)

Hazard, Walcott, Yaya Toure, Kagawa (Kacaniklic)

Sturridge, Giroud, Lambert

Nothing in the bank.

Thoughts lads? Got a preference? Obviously all teams could be tinkered with but what does everyone like?