Harry Houdinis team

Started by silvan14, December 08, 2016, 08:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvan14

Hi All,

Happy to take on board feedback.

B: T. Adams, J. Johannisen, M. Hurley, B. Murphy, L. Keeffe, M. Scharenberg (J. Berry, L. Ryan)
M: J. Selwood, A. Treloar, M. Bontempelli, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. O'Meara, D. Swallow, D. Myers (J. Pickett, Z. Fisher, J. Graham)
R: T. Goldstein, A. Sandilands (D. Cameron)
F: L. Dahlhaus, J. MacRae, T. Lynch, H. Bennell, T. Boyd, A. Black (C. Brown, B. Eddy)

Rookies obviously all speculative at the moment. Boyd is a risk but I like the ruc/fwd flexibility and figure he can't be much worse than Ryder and a hell of a lot cheaper. I think Treloar is going to be supreme next year. I've wrestled between Selwood and Neale and really gone Selwood to avoid 2 Freo players midfield. Bennell is a pre-season watch. I'm hoping one of JOM and Swallow may be a keeper but who knows. If one of them are, potentially 15 keepers. Aim would be to upgrade Sandi to Gawn when the time is right.

But I'm always up for constructive feedback :) 

Levi434

HOUDINI

Not sure if I like Hurley at 464k. I'd prefer Hibberd even at about 400.

I love Boyd as much as anyone but Jamie Elliot is pretty much the same price and I recon will average a bit more. Simple suggestion there but I'd go a rook there as forward rooks are loaded and save some cash!

crowls

like your team a lot.     when will you bring in danger/pendles/hanna.  figure you will upgrade to them somewhere around the byes.

the sandi/gawn upgrade strategy could be a good move as well.
the more i look at your team the more i like it.  not usual structure and plenty of depth.

Ringo

Nice Team - However I think you need to start with one of Danger or Pendles as you will be behind the eight ball. ajprity of teams will be starting with one or both. Look at downgrading and Upgrading O'Meara and Swallow if cash a problem.

If you intend to use Cameron as your loophole Sydney play a lot of early games. If you go with Strnadica from Freo you also have the opportunity to swap with Sandi for VC loophole.

fasttrack13

Hurly, Murphy, O'meara are probably guys i'd look to make a change to...

Murphy to McGrath
Hurley to Shaw/Laird/Montagna more super premo defender
Downgrade O'meara to Rookie
Then use that left over cash on an alternative R/F to Tom Boyd... Kid is a gun but he's not for supercoach.

As you said, you've got a lot of potential in your team but personally 100% keepers wise (top 10-15 scorers by position) i only see 10. I'd say you need minimum of 12 then as many of the 50/50 guys as possible.

Adams, JJ, Selwood, Treloar, Bont Fyfe, Goldy, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Lynch (Keepers)
Hurley, Murph, Beams, JOM, Swallow, Sandi, Bennell (50/50)

Its a very good team, don't get me wrong, but there's a lot of risk there

silvan14

Quote from: Ringo on December 10, 2016, 11:45:00 AM
Nice Team - However I think you need to start with one of Danger or Pendles as you will be behind the eight ball. ajprity of teams will be starting with one or both. Look at downgrading and Upgrading O'Meara and Swallow if cash a problem.

If you intend to use Cameron as your loophole Sydney play a lot of early games. If you go with Strnadica from Freo you also have the opportunity to swap with Sandi for VC loophole.

Thanks Ringo. I'm actually backing Treloar to outscore Pendles in 2017. Maybe that's a big call but see how it goes. I actually really want Neale in the team but not sure how. He was amazingly consistent last year with only 1 bad score. I'm definitely taking a risk with no Danger but that's SC I guess :)

silvan14

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 11, 2016, 04:56:29 PM
Hurly, Murphy, O'meara are probably guys i'd look to make a change to...

Murphy to McGrath
Hurley to Shaw/Laird/Montagna more super premo defender
Downgrade O'meara to Rookie
Then use that left over cash on an alternative R/F to Tom Boyd... Kid is a gun but he's not for supercoach.

As you said, you've got a lot of potential in your team but personally 100% keepers wise (top 10-15 scorers by position) i only see 10. I'd say you need minimum of 12 then as many of the 50/50 guys as possible.

Adams, JJ, Selwood, Treloar, Bont Fyfe, Goldy, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Lynch (Keepers)
Hurley, Murph, Beams, JOM, Swallow, Sandi, Bennell (50/50)

Its a very good team, don't get me wrong, but there's a lot of risk there

Thanks for that. Absolutely I would concede there's risk but I feel you have to in some way. I'm definitely up for maybe only picking one of JOM and Swallow and going another rookie so that's a watch pre-season. Out of the 50/50 list, this would be my analysis:
Hurley- gun and definitely keeping. I'm an Essendon supporter so probably biased but have to go with your gut
Murphy- not 100% but great price. Alternative is KK but not sold on him. I like him for now
Beams- absolute keeper if stays on the park. Superstar
JOM/Swallow- dead-set 50/50 for now
Sandi- not counting as a keeper
Bennell- big question mark. He and Boyd are definitely up for change potentially. If he can get himself right he's a great pick though

GoLions

Quote from: silvan14 on December 08, 2016, 08:13:54 PM
Hi All,

Happy to take on board feedback.

B: T. Adams, J. Johannisen, M. Hurley, B. Murphy, L. Keeffe, M. Scharenberg (J. Berry, L. Ryan)
M: J. Selwood, A. Treloar, M. Bontempelli, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. O'Meara, D. Swallow, D. Myers (J. Pickett, Z. Fisher, J. Graham)
R: T. Goldstein, A. Sandilands (D. Cameron)
F: L. Dahlhaus, J. MacRae, T. Lynch, H. Bennell, T. Boyd, A. Black (C. Brown, B. Eddy)

Rookies obviously all speculative at the moment. Boyd is a risk but I like the ruc/fwd flexibility and figure he can't be much worse than Ryder and a hell of a lot cheaper. I think Treloar is going to be supreme next year. I've wrestled between Selwood and Neale and really gone Selwood to avoid 2 Freo players midfield. Bennell is a pre-season watch. I'm hoping one of JOM and Swallow may be a keeper but who knows. If one of them are, potentially 15 keepers. Aim would be to upgrade Sandi to Gawn when the time is right.

But I'm always up for constructive feedback :)
Yeah, as already mentioned, I think Boyd and JOM would probably be the 2 I'd look at changing for now. A couple of other risky picks, but I don't mind them :)