Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

That's 2 hammy set backs so far and he is only training huge risk to pick him that's even if he lines up R1

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: shaker on February 11, 2019, 05:28:57 PM
That's 2 hammy set backs so far and he is only training huge risk to pick him that's even if he lines up R1

Yeah I'm not starting Hanners, but I kind of hope he goes alright, because I will likely be starting Miles and or Libba so if one of them get injured or don't work out, Hanners as a bail out option would be handy

Either way, starting those 3 you can easily downgrade to a rookie so easy fix

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 11, 2019, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 11, 2019, 05:28:57 PM

Yeah I'm not starting Hanners, but I kind of hope he goes alright, because I will likely be starting Miles and or Libba so if one of them get injured or don't work out, Hanners as a bail out option would be handy

Either way, starting those 3 you can easily downgrade to a rookie so easy fix
Miles is miles ahead  ;D well so far without actually seeing him play.

Ringo

HARLEY BENNELL Once again, Harley Bennell has suffered a calf strain. Although it has been deemed minor, due to his injury history Fremantle won't rush him back.

Even if Harley lines up RD 1 with this latest news do we still start him as a rookie.  I am still tempted as we know what he can do and only needs to produce those 85+ scores for a few weeks to gain cash.

Nige

I for one am completely shocked, I don’t think anyone could have predicted this in a million years.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on February 12, 2019, 09:08:10 AM
HARLEY BENNELL Once again, Harley Bennell has suffered a calf strain. Although it has been deemed minor, due to his injury history Fremantle won't rush him back.

Even if Harley lines up RD 1 with this latest news do we still start him as a rookie.  I am still tempted as we know what he can do and only needs to produce those 85+ scores for a few weeks to gain cash.

I'm still happy to pick him if he lines up Round 1

Plenty of rookies get dropped and end up sitting on our bench - I'd rather this guy with great JS over a rookie with unknown JS

At his price, the risk is so low it's a no brainer. If he is fit enough to be named Round 1 then I'll likely start him

elephants

Fantasy aside this is pretty shower. He had the attributes to be one of the best imo,  but now hes cooked

shaker

Starting Harley even if he does line up R1 would seem to me that I would be starting with 29 trades compared to 30 with everyone that does not start him  ;)

kilbluff1985

STEFAN MARTIN

Brisbane have stated that their ruck position is up for grabs as Stefan Martin has been dealing with back and ankle niggles during the preseason.

Stefan Martin has been playing as a forward during match simulation, with the younger Archie Smith dominating as the number one ruckman.

shaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 12, 2019, 12:15:42 PM
STEFAN MARTIN

Brisbane have stated that their ruck position is up for grabs as Stefan Martin has been dealing with back and ankle niggles during the preseason.

Stefan Martin has been playing as a forward during match simulation, with the younger Archie Smith dominating as the number one ruckman.
Yeah read that article KB would be having second thoughts if I were thinking about starting Stef even if he started R1 a poor performance or two could see Smith in the side quick smart.

SilverLion

STEFAN MARTIN

Dang and he was the safest R2 I thought.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on February 12, 2019, 02:17:07 PM
STEFAN MARTIN

Just remember Lions have been keeping his training and match involvement low due to his ankle niggles. Expecting him to bounce back as he gains full match fitness.  Will probably see him in the practice match against Suns.

elephants

Quote from: SilverLion on February 12, 2019, 02:17:07 PM
STEFAN MARTIN

Nah mate, thats Goldy ;)

Quote from: shaker on February 12, 2019, 12:37:51 PM
STEFAN MARTIN

Yeah read that article KB would be having second thoughts if I were thinking about starting Stef even if he started R1 a poor performance or two could see Smith in the side quick smart.

I thought McInerney went past Smith last year?

RaisyDaisy

Wingard has been ruled of out upcoming AFLX and intra clubs

shaker

Wingard has been withdrawn from AFLX with the same calf injury and won't take part in any intraclub or practice matches for at least another 2 weeks , was going to start him but would prefer someone who has had no problems .