NBA Season 2017/18

Started by LaHug, October 12, 2017, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

1/9 from 3 between Klay and Steph. If they can’t win today...

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 07, 2018, 12:52:52 PM
1/9 from 3 between Klay and Steph. If they can’t win today...

Will there be the usual 3qtr blitz? #pleaseno

Seems like Bron's hurt his ankle and not moving at 100%. The curse is real.

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 07, 2018, 12:44:10 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on June 07, 2018, 12:30:09 PM
Why can’t we just all agree Steph is the best player to play at any time. How many other players won the regular season MVP unanimously

Steph shines KD's boots...

And washing his dirty drawers after this one...

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 07, 2018, 02:00:20 PM
Why can’t we just all agree Steph is the best player to play at any time. How many other players won the regular season MVP unanimously

Geezus, and carry his bags...forever...

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 07, 2018, 02:00:20 PM

Get the brooms out. Cabs lost to a one man team tonight

RaisyDaisy

jvalles69

Do Warriors throw game 4 to win it at home, or sweep in Cleveland to for that extra savageness?

valkorum

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 07, 2018, 02:47:20 PM
Do Warriors throw game 4 to win it at home, or sweep in Cleveland to for that extra savageness?

Sweep will be remembered more in history than winning at home.  I say go for the sweep

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 07, 2018, 12:21:26 PM
This argument has no end, and honestly I don't think they should be compared anyway.  Listened to a little bit of an excerpt from Gary Payton weighing in on the topic which was cool to hear.  To me anyway, it all comes down to being the best player on the planet at the time.  MJ with 6 finals and 6 FMVP = greatest player on the planet.  Don't think they had MVP awards around Russell's era so hard to tell where he fits in and that was before my time re the "eye test".  Best interpretation I've heard that I can lean towards is that MJ is the greatest basketball player and LeBron is the best basketball player, and he still has a chance to take both titles.

im happy not to compare the two.

But you said unlike MJ he is unblemished.

im saying no player in unblemished.

Wilt Russell best era 1
Kareem era 2
Magic Bird era 3
Jordan era 4
Shaq Duncan era 5
Lebron era 6.

those are my greats you cant compare Era v Era, you can argue Bird v Magic or Shaq v Duncan but even then the Era dont line up exactly.

the reason i come of anti jordan and pro lebron is i put both in that all time great list. Im arguing against jordan the clear goat. There is no clear Goat.

I do agree that Lebron Best player ever is completely valid, in terms of who achieved the most greatness its arguable (its not lebron though)

Russell 5 MVPs 11 rings 12 finals
Kareem 6 MVPs 6 rings 10 finals
Jordan 5 MVPs 6 rings 6 finals

can all make cases for greatness it just depends how you scale each era. on scheer raw numbers Jordan is 3rd in terms of greatness so it depends if you discount Russell and Kareem.

jvalles69

No Kobe in there?  He's definitely been a big part of bringing the NBA to where it is today along with the other greats you have mentioned.

RaisyDaisy

What a disappointing series

Not surprising, but still

If this was the first time someone watched basketball they'd be wondering how the hell did Cleveland even get to the final.

LeBron needs to move on. Other than Love, the rest of his supporting cast are nowhere near good enough to challenge

Toga

R.Griffen

Who lets a team win by 23 on your home floor in the NBA Finals. LeFlop does

Jay

jvalles69

KD single handedly ruined the NBA...