NBA Season 2017/18

Started by LaHug, October 12, 2017, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumdog millionaire

It isn't an NBA playoffs without a Jay/Holz discussion abut the Cavs vs whoever they're playing :')

Holz

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on May 18, 2018, 02:48:12 PM
It isn't an NBA playoffs without a Jay/Holz discussion abut the Cavs vs whoever they're playing :')

Sadly im going for boston as i want lebron out of there.

Greatness is being wasted.

j959

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on May 18, 2018, 02:46:21 PM
Quote from: valkorum on May 18, 2018, 10:31:24 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 17, 2018, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: valkorum on May 17, 2018, 01:25:41 PM
A lot of the Suns "insiders" are reporting that Ayton is a lock for #1

Yeah seems to look that way, Luka looks NBA ready and will make an impact instantly, think Ayton is going to take a few years to develop.  Taking a C not named AD, Shaq or Embiid at #1 is a massive risk imo.

I would love to see a lineup of:

De'Aaron Fox / Frank Mason
Bogdan Bogdanovic / Buddy Hield / Garrett Temple
Luka Doncic / Iman Shumpert / Justin Jackson
Harry Giles / Skal Labisierre / Zach Randolph
Willy Cauley Stein / Kosta Koufos

With Buddy Hield to be 6th man of the year (will never happen because its Sacramento)
Luka Doncic I see as a SG/SF in this league.  His handling is good but his length (6ft 8in) and shooting ability needs to be exploited.

Was looking forward to adding Porto Jr at 7 or 8 but Doncic is a definite upgrade.

Lots of young talent that would still take a season or 2 to really get to peak, but with no 1st round pick next year that gives that lineup time to get better.
Kings will find a way to start Shump, Temple, Z-Bo and and Koufos 60 games next year
valk, I was gonna ask whether you thought Fox and Doncic could co-exist?
Interesting you think they might put him at the 3 ...

jv - Kokoskof was Doncic's Serbian national team coach, led him and Dragic to EuroBaasket championship last year, but he himself is from Slovenia ... ;)

all the Phoenix commentary I've been reading indicates the decision is still line-ball between Ayton and Doncic, and will be all the way to the pick at the Draft, but with Kokoskof they'll really know a lot about Doncic ...  ;)

Basically McDonough needs to get this one right or he's gone, so he might go the safe play of Doncic, but then again, Phoenix have never had that dominant centre ever ...

Worry with Ayton will be his defense, not a natural defender or rim protector so that will make the Suns even worse defensively - it'll just depend on whether they think he'll help them score and rebound enough to make it not matter ... ??

Doncic will open things up for Booker and Jackson of course, but also possibly improve Marquese Chriss and Bender, and possibly even TJ Warren ... so ...

For mine, I think Doncic is the safer pick and Ayton is the 'swing for the fences' ... so obviously i'd take Doncic especially with Kokoskof at the helm ... one article I read said he could complete the versatile roster McD has been trying to create since he saw it from his time at the Celtics ... so the 3 wings DBook, Jackson & Doncic) all over 6ft6in, capable of switching on D (and I use that term very loosely with DBook/Doncic) and playing the PnR from the screens set by the 2 bigs (whoever that might be) ... ideally Bender and Chriss develop to play inter-changeable 4/5s and you cause switch ups on both ends of the floor ...

fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed regardless who they choose??!! :o  :P   ;)

valkorum

Quote from: j959 on May 21, 2018, 01:32:15 AM
valk, I was gonna ask whether you thought Fox and Doncic could co-exist?
Interesting you think they might put him at the 3 ...

I can't see how he plays the PG with Fox there.  Fox is faster and a better ball handler.  Doncic is a far better shooter than he is a PG but we already have Bogdan and Buddy at the SG.  We SUCK!!!! at the SF so I feel he could play there.

This was a lot easier pick when we were getting 6 - 8.  Porter JR was a lock.

jvalles69

Shaping up to an interesting conference finals!  Both tied at 2 a piece.

Houston - best record in the West, added pieces in the off season to compete.  Stole back an away game to keep home court advantage.

Warriors - arguably best team in the league for the past 5 years.

Boston - best record in the East, lost their 2 main pieces to compete, yet still are competing.

Cavs - best player in the universe.

Really think both series can go either way.  Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Jay

Chris Paul is absolutely unbelievable.

R.Griffen

Green flowered that twice hahaha

TomK

Draymond hahahahahahahahahaahaha

R.Griffen

Harden should be shouting his team mates everything he can find. Who shoots 0/11 from 3, has 5/21 from the field and also has more turnovers than made shots

valkorum

Is the loss of CP3 too big for Houston to cover? 

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on May 26, 2018, 10:22:25 AM

Love to miss game 7 too.  GSW look like their going to win again due to other teams injuries...  >:(

Lebron is going to have to put up an all time greatest performance in game 7.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 27, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

GSW look like their going to win again due to other teams injuries...  >:(
This is becoming like the LeBron story where “IF” Ray Allen didn’t make that shot... etc

The GSW story “IF” player x didn’t get injured... etc

In the end it’s all apart of basketball

Jay

Could not be more nervous.

Holz

Quote from: R.Griffen on May 27, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

This is becoming like the LeBron story where “IF” Ray Allen didn’t make that shot... etc

One is a basketball play

The others are who the opposition had. The truth is GSW have had it pretty easy in the west due to injjury in all honesty thry have had as much comoetition as they would have in the east last 4 years

R.Griffen

Quote from: Holz on May 28, 2018, 08:05:01 AM
Quote from: R.Griffen on May 27, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

One is a basketball play

The others are who the opposition had. The truth is GSW have had it pretty easy in the west due to injjury in all honesty thry have had as much comoetition as they would have in the east last 4 years
You’re making it sound like it’s GSW fault... When they have also had their own injury issues as well