NBA Season 2017/18

Started by LaHug, October 12, 2017, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 16, 2018, 01:20:19 PM
Quote from: valkorum on May 16, 2018, 12:28:23 PM
KINGS BABY

Jumped from 7 to 2

Gonna get Ayton or Doncic.  My preference is for Doncic  or do we reach and get Porter Jr

Josh Jackson is begging the Suns to take Ayton.

Luka's serbian coach is the Suns coach now...surely they take him now with the #1 pick.

Holz

Quote from: TomK on May 17, 2018, 12:35:47 AM
I think this series is just proving, even more so, just how good of a coach Brad Stevens really is; you could say it's even exposing Dwane Casey a little, considering he had a better squad than this Boston team with no Irving or Hayward and got swept, obviously it's not all on the coach but still.

Also love how the Cavs role players knock down wipe open shots consistently against the Raps but then straight away throw up bricks after being wide open against the Celtics, honestly hilarious at this point.

Stevens is great but people are acting like Boston have no talent because they are missing Irving and Haywood

They have a

5 time allstar at the back end of his prime
2 top 3 lottery picks
2 mid lottery picks
1 low end lottery pick

valkorum

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 17, 2018, 10:49:52 AM
Luka's serbian coach is the Suns coach now...surely they take him now with the #1 pick.

A lot of the Suns "insiders" are reporting that Ayton is a lock for #1

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on May 17, 2018, 01:25:41 PM

Yeah seems to look that way, Luka looks NBA ready and will make an impact instantly, think Ayton is going to take a few years to develop.  Taking a C not named AD, Shaq or Embiid at #1 is a massive risk imo.

jvalles69

??? Cousins stopped following Pelicans on Twitter today and started following Randle, IT and PG13.  ???

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 17, 2018, 05:34:11 PM
??? Cousins stopped following Pelicans on Twitter today and started following Randle, IT and PG13.  ???

perhaps he is just trolling, its clear that the message is im going LA.

what do you guys think a team of Ball INGram Cousins Kuzma PG13 IT could do

it sounds like the most disfunctional roster of all time

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on May 17, 2018, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 17, 2018, 05:34:11 PM

perhaps he is just trolling, its clear that the message is im going LA.

what do you guys think a team of Ball INGram Cousins Kuzma PG13 IT could do

it sounds like the most disfunctional roster of all time

It'll be fun at times, and horrible at times.

plumdog millionaire

Don't mean to be that guy but Slovenian*

Jay

Quote from: Holz on May 16, 2018, 04:20:21 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 16, 2018, 03:15:07 PM
2 things can happen, LeBron does the unthinkable and takes out the Celts in this series cranking up his legacy...or he loses to a Celts team with their 2 best players out doing the complete opposite.  Either way I'd rather see this Celts team take on the Warriors, and MJ is GOAT.

why is it unthinkable for the cavs to win? all that has happened so far is the home team has one.

Cavs basically got nothing for Irving so i see it as them losing Irving too, so both teams have lost Irving so really its a Boston team missing Haywood but stacked with talent and with the best coach in the league.

realistically Love = Horford

so its 15th year Lebron v 2 elite young players + Stevens
Don't insult Al like that ;) Love is a really good player but Horford is far and away the best player on a conference finals team. Something that Love could never come close to doing, even in his prime. Horford's a knockdown three point shooter, a bully in the post, can grab a board and push in transition and is a great passer for a big - just an amazing offensive player. And he's probably better defensively with his ability to switch, and protect the paint. Think people are underrating the talent that is on this roster, and it starts with Horford.

jvalles69

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on May 17, 2018, 08:53:13 PM
Don't mean to be that guy but Slovenian*
Whoops, I'm pretty sure the report said serbian too!  :-X

Holz

Quote from: Jay on May 17, 2018, 09:24:19 PM
2 things can happen, LeBron does the unthinkable and takes out the Celts in this series cranking up his legacy...or he loses to a Celts team with their 2 best players out doing the complete opposite.  Either way I'd rather see this Celts team take on the Warriors, and MJ is GOAT.

why is it unthinkable for the cavs to win? all that has happened so far is the home team has one.

Cavs basically got nothing for Irving so i see it as them losing Irving too, so both teams have lost Irving so really its a Boston team missing Haywood but stacked with talent and with the best coach in the league.

Don't insult Al like that ;) Love is a really good player but Horford is far and away the best player on a conference finals team. Something that Love could never come close to doing, even in his prime. Horford's a knockdown three point shooter, a bully in the post, can grab a board and push in transition and is a great passer for a big - just an amazing offensive player. And he's probably better defensively with his ability to switch, and protect the paint. Think people are underrating the talent that is on this roster, and it starts with Horford.

2 monrhs ago my celtic friend called me clueless for saying love = al

He said love much better

Jay

Quote from: Holz on May 17, 2018, 11:45:08 PM
Quote from: Jay on May 17, 2018, 09:24:19 PM

2 monrhs ago my celtic friend called me clueless for saying love = al

He said love much better
Unfortunately, some people just look at his career 14 points, 9 rebounds stat line and thinks that is all he brings to the table. Basketball is so much more than that!

R.Griffen

These weights, heights and wingspans are shocking from the combine. Legit so much bs

valkorum

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 17, 2018, 01:32:29 PM

Yeah seems to look that way, Luka looks NBA ready and will make an impact instantly, think Ayton is going to take a few years to develop.  Taking a C not named AD, Shaq or Embiid at #1 is a massive risk imo.

I would love to see a lineup of:

De'Aaron Fox / Frank Mason
Bogdan Bogdanovic / Buddy Hield / Garrett Temple
Luka Doncic / Iman Shumpert / Justin Jackson
Harry Giles / Skal Labisierre / Zach Randolph
Willy Cauley Stein / Kosta Koufos

With Buddy Hield to be 6th man of the year (will never happen because its Sacramento)
Luka Doncic I see as a SG/SF in this league.  His handling is good but his length (6ft 8in) and shooting ability needs to be exploited.

Was looking forward to adding Porto Jr at 7 or 8 but Doncic is a definite upgrade.

Lots of young talent that would still take a season or 2 to really get to peak, but with no 1st round pick next year that gives that lineup time to get better.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: valkorum on May 18, 2018, 10:31:24 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 17, 2018, 01:32:29 PM

I would love to see a lineup of:

De'Aaron Fox / Frank Mason
Bogdan Bogdanovic / Buddy Hield / Garrett Temple
Luka Doncic / Iman Shumpert / Justin Jackson
Harry Giles / Skal Labisierre / Zach Randolph
Willy Cauley Stein / Kosta Koufos

With Buddy Hield to be 6th man of the year (will never happen because its Sacramento)
Luka Doncic I see as a SG/SF in this league.  His handling is good but his length (6ft 8in) and shooting ability needs to be exploited.

Was looking forward to adding Porto Jr at 7 or 8 but Doncic is a definite upgrade.

Lots of young talent that would still take a season or 2 to really get to peak, but with no 1st round pick next year that gives that lineup time to get better.
Kings will find a way to start Shump, Temple, Z-Bo and and Koufos 60 games next year