NBA Season 2017/18

Started by LaHug, October 12, 2017, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

We choked. It's going to be Bron vs GS again anyway. We'll add LeBron next year and go to the finals. Super Bowl will just have to do for now.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 10, 2018, 10:44:09 PM
We choked. It's going to be Bron vs GS again anyway. We'll add LeBron next year and go to the finals. Super Bowl will just have to do for now.

Pretty strong rumours PG13 is coming your way.

Mat0369

Same with Kawhi since he is seeing our Doc. We can't get all of them. BC screwed us by signing RoCo early. We could have used the luxury tax for that after signing two guys to max deals this off-season. Now we can only afford one.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2018, 12:17:48 PM
Same with Kawhi since he is seeing our Doc. We can't get all of them. BC screwed us by signing RoCo early. We could have used the luxury tax for that after signing two guys to max deals this off-season. Now we can only afford one.

Can't you trade for Kawhi though?

Mat0369

Would have to include at least one of Covington or Dario with a combination of Fultz and first round picks. I wouldn't make the deal if I'm the Spurs but if they think they can get Fultz to remember how to shoot, they like a player around the Lakers pick they might bite. I'd also want Dario ahead of RoCo if I'm them.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2018, 12:36:36 PM
Would have to include at least one of Covington or Dario with a combination of Fultz and first round picks. I wouldn't make the deal if I'm the Spurs but if they think they can get Fultz to remember how to shoot, they like a player around the Lakers pick they might bite. I'd also want Dario ahead of RoCo if I'm them.

I'd guess whoever can put the best deal to Spurs out of Boston, Philly, Lakers and Clips will get Kawhi.

jvalles69

2018 Lottery Draft

14. Nuggets
13. Clippers
12. Clippers
11. Hornets
10. 76ers
9. Knicks
8. Cavs
7. Bulls
6. Magic
5. Mavericks
4. Grizzlies
3. Hawks
2. Kings
1. Suns

valkorum

KINGS BABY

Jumped from 7 to 2

Gonna get Ayton or Doncic.  My preference is for Doncic  or do we reach and get Porter Jr

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on May 16, 2018, 12:28:23 PM
KINGS BABY

Jumped from 7 to 2

Gonna get Ayton or Doncic.  My preference is for Doncic  or do we reach and get Porter Jr

Josh Jackson is begging the Suns to take Ayton.

jvalles69

2 things can happen, LeBron does the unthinkable and takes out the Celts in this series cranking up his legacy...or he loses to a Celts team with their 2 best players out doing the complete opposite.  Either way I'd rather see this Celts team take on the Warriors, and MJ is GOAT.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 16, 2018, 03:15:07 PM
2 things can happen, LeBron does the unthinkable and takes out the Celts in this series cranking up his legacy...or he loses to a Celts team with their 2 best players out doing the complete opposite.  Either way I'd rather see this Celts team take on the Warriors, and MJ is GOAT.

why is it unthinkable for the cavs to win? all that has happened so far is the home team has one.

Cavs basically got nothing for Irving so i see it as them losing Irving too, so both teams have lost Irving so really its a Boston team missing Haywood but stacked with talent and with the best coach in the league.

realistically Love = Horford

so its 15th year Lebron v 2 elite young players + Stevens

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on May 16, 2018, 04:20:21 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 16, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

why is it unthinkable for the cavs to win? all that has happened so far is the home team has one.

Cavs basically got nothing for Irving so i see it as them losing Irving too, so both teams have lost Irving so really its a Boston team missing Haywood but stacked with talent and with the best coach in the league.

realistically Love = Horford

so its 15th year Lebron v 2 elite young players + Stevens

Always a possibility when Lebron is involved..however this...not sure what the numbers would be in a conference final, but would think it is much less.

QuoteNBA teams that go up 2-0 in a best-of-seven round are 278-19 in the series all-time.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 16, 2018, 04:40:03 PM

QuoteNBA teams that go up 2-0 in a best-of-seven round are 278-19 in the series all-time.

True but in most cases the team that is 2-0 would have been strong favorites going into the series. Celtics surely have the edge at the moment though but if Cavs win game 3 then id put it right about a tie in the series.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on May 16, 2018, 04:56:52 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 16, 2018, 04:40:03 PM

True but in most cases the team that is 2-0 would have been strong favorites going into the series. Celtics surely have the edge at the moment though but if Cavs win game 3 then id put it right about a tie in the series.

Hence my saying if Cavs do win, would again help Lebron's legacy vs MJ....however...

30 for 30 is bringing out a Netflix special in 2019 about MJ over 10 episodes!  :o  Let's hope these millennials watch and marvel at the true GOAT. 8)

TomK

I think this series is just proving, even more so, just how good of a coach Brad Stevens really is; you could say it's even exposing Dwane Casey a little, considering he had a better squad than this Boston team with no Irving or Hayward and got swept, obviously it's not all on the coach but still.

Also love how the Cavs role players knock down wipe open shots consistently against the Raps but then straight away throw up bricks after being wide open against the Celtics, honestly hilarious at this point.