Top 2000 team - help me finalise (picture of team included)

Started by kampf, July 27, 2012, 04:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kampf

So team is as follows:

Thinking of trading Giles for Maric this week? Not really sure what else to do with the team apart from that. Kind of want to save 3-4 trades til finals aswell.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated (even one's saying "OMG YOUR TEAM SUCKS WHY'D YOU GET person x instead of person y".

Thanks.

Spinking

Not sure on Maric. Supposedly carrying an injury and seems to have affected his performance so far. Would have suggested Jacobs but he's out too. Cox would be better if you can get there.

Team looks very solid except for a couple of obvious spuds that are filling in for injured players.

Genially just try and hold onto trades. Your rank will come in quickly in the final few weeks if you've got trades up your sleeve.

kampf

I gave up on overall this year by rd 5, really need to win a league im in, sitting in 2nd and post finals the winner gets $3k... even thuogh I'm playing botton of the ladder this week, it's such a close league that you simply can't expect to win any game.

Yeh my ruck options aren't great... im about $30k shy of being able to get in Cox (and not going to dbl trade).

Cox = can't afford
Maric = injury cloud/risky?
Goldstein = whats gonna happen when hmac comes back (his in vfl this week)
Ryder = injured
Jacobs = out
Roughead = possible? although I HATE him from burning me previous years...

Do I simply leave Giles for this week?

Spinking

Maybe leave except that he will drop in price. McEvoy?

kampf

Ended up leaving team as is. Giles ended up scoring a tonne+ and won league games. Also moved up to 3,600th overall.

5 trades left, might just stay put I think unless injuries/suspensions force a trade.

t.thomas6

Lake to Waters
Cloke to ANYONE MORE CONSISTENT (e.g. Chappy)
Giles (2 options): Keep (due to last few big scores) or trade to Goldstein as HMac is out for the season :)

kampf

Lake -> Waters looks good!

Cloke -> Sidebottom? ($20k short of being able to afford him)
Cloke -> Chapman?
Not really sure who to get in Cloke to be honest - might have to be Chappy.

OR I can simply do lake->waters, then hope that cloke goes up in price more and makes a $20k diff on sidebottom, then get in sidebottom next week?

Would leave me with 3 trades... yet still Giles as a ruck premium.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH CAN'T DECIDE!

t.thomas6

i reckon lake to waters is a no-brainer :) (and you're welcome :P haha)

if Chappy's bottomed out, snap him up. otherwise get SideAss as Swanny's out for two = more time in the mid

stick with Gilesy (i am too) bar a few 70-80 games he's been over 100 more often than not :) and you can upgrade later.

Final two bob would be: don't trade unless a finals win depends on it ;)

kampf

I ended up trading Lake->Waters (did NOT pay off lol)

Then did Franklin->Sidebottom

I was $20k short of being able to do Cloke->Sidebottom.... so clokes low BE this week should make up the $20k diff, then I'll be able to go Cloke->Franklin.

Will have 2 trades left after I get Franklin back in.

Will allow me (pending no injuries) to do a downgrade then trade Giles-> Maric/Cox in the Final.

t.thomas6

cmon...one bad game by Waters...on average he will be of benefit :)

and definitely go to Cox...he's purring atm :P

Looking good for the GF mate. Good luck.

t.thomas6

kampf

haha Thomas yeh he did come good... although I had bye in every league so didn't need a big score this week :)

This is my team now going into this week:
(traded Giles->Cox and T.Cloke->S.Johnson) - if anyone has any better ideas, please let me know!

t.thomas6

That looks like a quality side (although considering how Gilesy's playing I don't think he warrants a trade). We all know how good Coxy is but I reckon you can do better than Johnson in your back line. He hasn't sold me this year. Maybe Carrazzo or Shaw in for Johnson would make that team look super solid. I think you'll get through with Giles as 2nd ruck.

food for thought  8)

t.thomas6

...or if you're happy with Johnson you might even consider dropping Dusty. I'd go the defensive option myself.

kampf

argh! stop giving me more ideas to think about haha.

Although I'd rather trade Martin out then Johnson  - the Giles->Cox trade I'm still not 100% sold on either, I can see it'll be a last minute yes/no call on that 1.

I'm not even sold on Cloke->Stevie J.. I've got this feeling that now bc I'm finally about to trade out Cloke that he'll score 120+ for the last 2 games!