Luigi's SC Team - Official Thread

Started by Luigi197, April 10, 2012, 04:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Hello everybody! This will be a thread where i will post questions about my team and ask advice. I will start by posting the team i entered for round 1, and will then ask questions or advise when needed.

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, N. Malceski, B. Lake, G. Broughton, T. Bugg, S. Morris (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Boyd, J. Magner, C. Smith, D. Shiel (D. Smith, A Kennedy)
RUC: D. Cox, S. Mumford (J. Giles, J. Redden)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Dangerfield, S. Sidebottom, M. Pavlich, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, Milera (A. Hall, J. Paine)
CASH LEFT: $56,800

LUIGI :)

Luigi197

Here is my dilemma in terms of my team, and preparing it for round 3:
My scores so far have consisted of 2022 and 1979; not very good scores IMO, especially when I spent a lot of time pre-season preparing. With the team I have, I would assume I would score higher, but unfortunately I have not delivered much good.
League matches coming up, so I need to look at my team and ask myself how I can improve it so i can score higher.

People such as Broughton, Pavlich, Sidebottom and Martin have disappointed me so far, while Mumford is now under an injury cloud. Then, although playing, Paine, Hall, Smedts, and especially Dickson and Ledger, have all let me down in my rookie department.
What do I do? I would assume i have scored low so far this season, simply because my mix of players have not started off well, but the premiums you would assume will get back up there, or will they?

Trade Broughton and keep the faith and Pav, Sidey and Dusty?
Get in A Kennedy and Milera instead of Ledger and Dickson?

-------------------------------------------------

Also check out these 2 threads I made which I thought may help in some decisions:
Top 6 Defenders at Season's end. http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,54840.0.html
Observe Greg Broughton http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,54832.0.html

GoldDigger

Quote from: Luigi197 on April 10, 2012, 04:51:58 PM

I'd do in Paine and Hall instead of Ledger and Dickson.

Luigi197

Quote from: GoldDigger on April 10, 2012, 05:09:38 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on April 10, 2012, 04:51:58 PM

I'd do in Paine and Hall instead of Ledger and Dickson.

What make's you say that? Ledger's pre-season went well, though being the Sub, and still only scoring 17 is no good. He wont rise that much. Dickson has not lived up to the hype. Both these two have a strong potential of being replaced.

GoldDigger

I admit it's a bit of a toss up, but Hall isn't looking good, and Ledger isn't really getting a go. Paine - how's his js? Could go this week, or maybe a reprieve as there was an injury I think. Dickson may get a decent game soon - facing poorer opposition I think.

Anyway, I think you're right to want Milera and Kennedy - grab those boys on the bubble. Looking at your $$$, maybe you can look at Stanley also.

Luigi197

Quote from: GoldDigger on April 10, 2012, 05:31:09 PM
I admit it's a bit of a toss up, but Hall isn't looking good, and Ledger isn't really getting a go. Paine - how's his js? Could go this week, or maybe a reprieve as there was an injury I think. Dickson may get a decent game soon - facing poorer opposition I think.

Anyway, I think you're right to want Milera and Kennedy - grab those boys on the bubble. Looking at your $$$, maybe you can look at Stanley also.

Can you tell me about Stanley's JS? I did see his most recent scores, good!!
And i actually think it should be certain that Ledger is going for me, as i can trade him for A Kennedy and bring in another MPP link in my mids.

GoldDigger

I'm told it's probs better than Milera and/or Ledger ...

felsty

i wouldnt be trading ledger.. scored 17 coming on just before 3q time when saints were what 70 points up?? game is over and that would have weighed heavily on his scoring.. had 8 touches in that time and looked very good in contested footy.. ill be keeping him for sure

Luigi197

I've decided i'll save the money and go Milera, instead of Stanley, to trade in for Dickson.
And I really want/need Kennedy, and he will have to go into the mids. Therefore Ledger is really the only option to go.

Luigi197

For my captain this week, i'm thinking:

Deledio if he plays midfield.
Otherwise Cox, if Hocking is named.
Otherwise Ablett or Goddard.

Thoughts?

GoldDigger

felsty

Luigi197

Scored 2202 this week. Not bad considering i had Delidio (108) captain...

What does everyone think of a Martin to Ziebell trade?

Ringo

Would wait a week to see if Ziebel repeats dose, Will not change in price and martin will not drop by much unless he has a real stinker.

charliesheen

Huge score considering your captain...  I would be extremely tempted to take Longer to activate 3RR in your situation.  Leuy out for 6 weeks.

Something to think about...  Would also allow you to turn Paine/Dickson, into Marc Murphy

Don't cut costs when it comes to your midfield.