FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felsty

I have made a few changes.. Decided that with Smith and Kennedy looking alright and some options for forward rookies I downgrade Porps to Jamie Cripps - as a saints supporter I see him getting a very good run, paying the little extra because I don't think he will be vested.. Another option to go for is Pfeiffer.
With the money I upgrade Broughton to Scotland, could be a bad idea as he will probably drop in price but 100+ average backmen are hard to come bye (sorry about the pun!) so I won't have to worry about trading him in later!

tor01doc

Hey feisty

Do you think Scotland will outscore Broughton by $70800?

I think no.

Could you have kept Porps and get Cripps? I think they'll do better with Broughton than Scotland and 2 rookies.

Cheers big ears.

felsty

I HATE BROUGHTON!!  >:(
He seriously does my head in.. I would almost rather heppell!!
If I had to get rid of Broughton who would you trade him too??

tor01doc

Adcock / Hanley / Hurn??

Birchall / Suckling / Newman?

Hurn is gaining momentum.

felsty

Backline is horrible this year because of the byes.. How good would it be just to roll out Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Bock in your backs :(
I'm tempted to grab Scotland along with my locks because they are the only guys that I trust  :-\

tor01doc

Now you're heading towards my tank round 13 plan.

Only problem is % and overall.

Overall not my aim so %.

Score 34 points for the round and watch your percentage plummet and cost you a double chance.

I'm backing myself to win that round in some leagues as well as 11 and 12.

Don't bye too many donuts! PS You're so punny feisty!

felsty

are there any changes people think i should make leading up to the lockout?
if you havent seen the side check the top of the first page!

mumfster

Keep big Cox! Cox and mummy make a good pair

felsty

Quote from: mumfster on March 29, 2012, 02:54:50 PM
Keep big Cox! Cox and mummy make a good pair
that is just because its what youre lacking! lol
i find myself trying to justify that this is a good side but for some reason im just not happy.. maybe im just a perfectionist :P

felsty

my very last poll before final round 1 lockout!
follow the link and let me know what you think..
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,53806.0.html

Ringo

Felsty - Do not beat yourself up over it.  Most teams dependent on structure will have a small weakness in one line due to Salary Cap pressures.  Teams will mostly have 13/14 prems so dependent on how this is structured a slight weakness will always be there. Trick is to balance by selecting right rookies and I have not been very succesful this round at all.

felsty

cheers ringo,
think ill stick with Lake and Porps. even if they dont come off they will rise a bit in cash
Heppell and Cloke looked good but it really left my backline vulnerable..
and it is a huge shame about morris. i wasnt expecting a whole heap but a 50 would have been good.. ellis was a let down as well
im sure the rest of the rookies cant be too bad.. we cant go wrong with magner, ledger, etc. ;)

felsty

ROUND 1   -   Score: 2100   Ranking: 43,466

Winners: Buddy and Captain GAJ with support from Selwood, Goddard, Boyd and Cox and a beauty by Magner
Sinners: Lake, starting Coniglio and Shiel, and the role of Greg Broughton

tor01doc

felsty

very solid doctor! was a terrible round i cant believe i pulled that out after some of the players i had.. broughton, lake :P god i wanna trade those two already!!