Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnytheboy1

Backs Have a mixture of premiums, Mid pricers & Rookies which can be good for your team. You the unique picks of  Murphy & Conca.  I wouldn't Wilkes in my team though.
Mids: Fairly Strong Midfield although have dropped off Zorko since his injury. I hope for you Lenny Hayes can get back to what he was before he got injured.
Rucks Zac Smith is another player i haven't seen in many teams. He should improve this year.
Fwds I think rowe will struggle to get into the Carlton team you maybe better off with Hall of the GC.

Overall Ringo as an expert in Supercoach you have  selected a strong side but only has 10 premiums at the moment

I give your team a 8/10 

Jay

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on February 27, 2012, 05:19:43 PM
Backs Have a mixture of premiums, Mid pricers & Rookies which can be good for your team. You the unique picks of  Murphy & Conca.  I wouldn't Wilkes in my team though.
Mids: Fairly Strong Midfield although have dropped off Zorko since his injury. I hope for you Lenny Hayes can get back to what he was before he got injured.
Rucks Zac Smith is another player i haven't seen in many teams. He should improve this year.
Fwds I think rowe will struggle to get into the Carlton team you maybe better off with Hall of the GC.

Overall Ringo as an expert in Supercoach you have  selected a strong side but only has 10 premiums at the moment

I give your team a 8/10
wtf!? This isnt even ringo's thread...he was just helping me out

My team:
Backs: goddard shaw birchall adcock grimes clarke bugg <wilkes morris>
Mids: thomas ablett selwood caddy horsley neale<pfieffer brown>
Rucks: mcevoy leuenberger <stepehenson giles>
Fwds: franklin fyfe martin sidebottom brown hampton smedts <weedon couch>

Ringo

How much cash do you have left.

You have a few nice uniques who may pay off for you.

Def: Slight risk with both Adcock and Grimes. If Adcock forced to a lock down role by Brisbane then his scores will suffer similar to last year but if he reverts to running of HB then Gold.
Mids: Thomas - Interesting but will he outscore Pendles or Swan or other prems. (Caddy may be gold if he fires.
Rucks: A1
Forwards: Sound

Rookies not commenting on and in my case waiting for whole of NAB cup.  Not sold on getting excited on 2 20 minute halves of football.  These next 2 weeks will be a better indication. This is also reason why my rookies have not changed a lot since posting.

Overall 8/10 for your team

Cevap Roll

Quote from: MC on February 17, 2012, 09:59:08 PM
Mids are pretty strong - but could you better use the cash to beef up your forward line? Better rookies available in the midfield, who are capable of higher scores.

Im with MC on this one.

Sure up your forward line.

??? Rioli, Zaha, Brown. IMO they are risks. Could pay off however dont score high often enough.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on February 27, 2012, 10:33:54 PM
How much cash do you have left.

You have a few nice uniques who may pay off for you.

Def: Slight risk with both Adcock and Grimes. If Adcock forced to a lock down role by Brisbane then his scores will suffer similar to last year but if he reverts to running of HB then Gold.
Mids: Thomas - Interesting but will he outscore Pendles or Swan or other prems. (Caddy may be gold if he fires.
Rucks: A1
Forwards: Sound

Rookies not commenting on and in my case waiting for whole of NAB cup.  Not sold on getting excited on 2 20 minute halves of football.  These next 2 weeks will be a better indication. This is also reason why my rookies have not changed a lot since posting.

Overall 8/10 for your team
68.4k in the banks sorry

And yeah thanks ringo...i agree with you, adock and grimes are risky, ill check out my options...thomas is a unique, but if i get the money he will turn into swan :D

Quote from: Cevap Roll on February 27, 2012, 10:42:45 PM
Quote from: MC on February 17, 2012, 09:59:08 PM
Mids are pretty strong - but could you better use the cash to beef up your forward line? Better rookies available in the midfield, who are capable of higher scores.

Im with MC on this one.

Sure up your forward line.

??? Rioli, Zaha, Brown. IMO they are risks. Could pay off however dont score high often enough.
I only have brown from that list...check the updated team a few posts above or if you cant be bothered...

$68,400
Backs: goddard shaw birchall adcock grimes clarke bugg <wilkes morris>
Mids: thomas ablett selwood caddy horsley neale<pfieffer brown>
Rucks: mcevoy leuenberger <stepehenson giles>
Fwds: franklin fyfe martin sidebottom brown hampton smedts <weedon couch>

felsty

BACKS: solid side there but i don't know about grimes either upgrade or dongrade him to a lake, hargrave, etc. i think they will be better options
MIDS: looks super strong and i like the 3prem 3rook structure.. caddy is a jet!
RUCKS: cant fault, bloody perfect
FORWARDS: i have a few opinions here, mainly on brown and martin. martin will be a great player and a possible keeper this year but starting off at f3 and with his draw i think you need a gun in front of him.. i also have no faith in j.brown getting back to his 100+ games regularly and think that he isnt worth getting in, even at his price

8.638/10

Jay

Quote from: felsty on February 28, 2012, 11:43:13 AM
BACKS: solid side there but i don't know about grimes either upgrade or dongrade him to a lake, hargrave, etc. i think they will be better options
MIDS: looks super strong and i like the 3prem 3rook structure.. caddy is a jet!
RUCKS: cant fault, bloody perfect
FORWARDS: i have a few opinions here, mainly on brown and martin. martin will be a great player and a possible keeper this year but starting off at f3 and with his draw i think you need a gun in front of him.. i also have no faith in j.brown getting back to his 100+ games regularly and think that he isnt worth getting in, even at his price

8.638/10
thanks! Some good ideas

Grimes-->hargrave would be an interesting one, certainly free up $$$ and not losing much scoring potential!
imo martin is a gun and at that price and the bye he has, really works well in my team.
Brown is an interesting one...i agree with you that he cant get back to 100+ but at that price there is no one in the forward line with better value :)

Jay

As a result of all the outstanding help ive been receiving...ive made some more changes :D

Goddard shaw birchall enright grimes clarke bugg <darley morris>
ablett selwood priddis caddy horsley hampton <brown wagner>
mcevoy l.berger <giles stephenson>
Franklin goodes martin sidebum brown smedts weedon <saad pfeiffer>

You like? :)

MC

Yeah, very solid. I like the Caddy choice, I reckon he'll explode once he's back from the US - should easily top 80+ ppg. Will be a quick upgrade in rd 8 or so I reckon, maybe earlier.
Your team is very similar to mine - this is what happens in Rate my SC! Haha

JamSainter

I like it. Personal opinions on a few players but that doesn't matter, not here to be bias.
Overally sound structure. I think the Grimes pick is fine, more worried about the Adcock pick :P
8.5/10

McBayne

For all the J Brown doubters, google Jonathan Brown 2012. He looks the best shape in his life, and consider that he missed 2011 with a broken face (or two), which isn't particularly a recurring injury in the same sense as a hamstring or ACL is, then I think 2012 will be a fantastic year for Browny. He's priced to average between 70 and 75, and the fact that the Lions play Melbourne, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS and North Melbourne all before their Round 11 bye, I think he could get at least an 85+ average, making the investment pretty worthwhile if you ask me.

Jay

Quote from: MC on February 28, 2012, 11:59:57 PM
Yeah, very solid. I like the Caddy choice, I reckon he'll explode once he's back from the US - should easily top 80+ ppg. Will be a quick upgrade in rd 8 or so I reckon, maybe earlier.
Your team is very similar to mine - this is what happens in Rate my SC! Haha
haha cheers mate

Quote from: JamSainter on February 29, 2012, 12:04:43 AM
I like it. Personal opinions on a few players but that doesn't matter, not here to be bias.
Overally sound structure. I think the Grimes pick is fine, more worried about the Adcock pick :P
8.5/10
Dont have adcock atm...check the post 2 above urs :D

Quote from: McBayne on February 29, 2012, 12:26:33 AM
For all the J Brown doubters, google Jonathan Brown 2012. He looks the best shape in his life, and consider that he missed 2011 with a broken face (or two), which isn't particularly a recurring injury in the same sense as a hamstring or ACL is, then I think 2012 will be a fantastic year for Browny. He's priced to average between 70 and 75, and the fact that the Lions play Melbourne, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS and North Melbourne all before their Round 11 bye, I think he could get at least an 85+ average, making the investment pretty worthwhile if you ask me.
I agree mate, cheers

Jay

LATEST SIDE!!!

$300
Goddard shaw birchall broughton hargrave clarke bugg <smedts morris>
ablett swan selwood caddy horsley hampton <wagner brown>
mcevoy l.berger <giles o.steph>
franklin goodes martin sidebum nroo weedon skinner <horlin-smith pfeiffer>

Dylbags

Gday Jayman!

Backs - Good, im not a fan of Hargrave tho
Midfield - Risky with Caddy, Horsley and Hampton all on the field but could pay off, Id have Dylan Shiel instead of Brown on the bench as well
Rucks - Safe for 200+ 20 at least 20 weeks of the year
Forwards - Solid, not sure on the amount of games the Skinner will get tho

Overall, not a bad side, 8/10
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,49406.0.html

PICCOLLO

Quote from: Jayman on February 29, 2012, 09:06:35 PM
LATEST SIDE!!!

$300
Goddard shaw birchall broughton hargrave clarke bugg <smedts morris>
ablett swan selwood caddy horsley hampton <wagner brown>
mcevoy l.berger <giles o.steph>
franklin goodes martin sidebum nroo weedon skinner <horlin-smith pfeiffer>

A few iffy picks.  Rookies need revising but lotsa Nab left for that.  Ur premiums are solid.  7.5/10