Bully's Boys 2024

Started by Bully, January 24, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Looking like a tough year, the rucks look interesting, I'm going cheap given we have 40 trades this year, I think English can wait, ditto Bont, would rather have an extra mid to add some extra depth. A few rookies are warming the seat but I'm sure there will be more pressing claims over the next month or so.

RaisyDaisy

Mills is out for the first half of the season or so

And you've got a lot of prems with an early bye there - I'd be swapping most of them for prems who aren't playing in Round 0

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 24, 2024, 03:14:04 PMMills is out for the first half of the season or so

And you've got a lot of prems with an early bye there - I'd be swapping most of them for prems who aren't playing in Round 0

Round 0? Which clubs are the ones to avoid?

Ringo

Hey Bully

Teams that play Round 0 are the ones to avoid:
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, GWS, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne.

In saying that you make own decision based on team balance and the fact that these 8 teams have an early bye so may be behind the 8 ball initially against teams with limited RD 0 players

For your team I would look at replacing Dunkley and Walsh.

Bully

This team probably more bye friendly, good excuse to get Bont & English I guess.

Ringo

Looks good though keep an eye on English with his health,

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on January 24, 2024, 04:08:46 PMRound 0? Which clubs are the ones to avoid?

It will be best 18 in those early rounds so I wouldn't stress too much about it, unless you've got 3+ guys from both Carlton and Brisbane for example. It's actually not a bad way to get two bites of the cherry and see which guys kill it that opening week as the scores count to their rolling average.

Bully

Have replaced Macrae with Jackson, I feel this is wise with Darcy out for a bit and very little else available.

Gibcus the poor sod has to go, I feel gutted for him after battling dodgy hamstrings, he's looking like an injury magnet and it will no doubt be a grueling 12 months for him personally. Replacements not overly inspiring, maybe Pink, although full backs are generally a source of frustration. Will reassess at the end of the round.

Mat0369

The three top end guys down back look pretty good. A lot of people have moved away from Sicily but I think those are still my clear top 3.

I really like the midfield as well, I personally am not considering Dawson, but all the other top end guys could have huge seasons.

Rucks are the same as mine

Darcy is about a month away, I think you want him out longer than that to capitalise on Jackson being a top end guy. Once he returns I don't know if Jackson will score well enough to be a premium forward. I think I would rather Flanders as a cheaper option and bank the cash. 

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2024, 01:35:06 PMThe three top end guys down back look pretty good. A lot of people have moved away from Sicily but I think those are still my clear top 3.

I really like the midfield as well, I personally am not considering Dawson, but all the other top end guys could have huge seasons.

Rucks are the same as mine

Darcy is about a month away, I think you want him out longer than that to capitalise on Jackson being a top end guy. Once he returns I don't know if Jackson will score well enough to be a premium forward. I think I would rather Flanders as a cheaper option and bank the cash. 

It's to cover for that annoying 1-2 week absence, he's probably a 95 average but having ruck flexibility critical I believe. If Darcy is out for 4 weeks and Jackson edges over 600k then an injury will make that selection a small win in a long season. Worst case scenario is he sits at F6 and ensures there will be no donuts in the ruck division.

Bully

Sicily OMG! This round looking like a trainwreck!

Mat0369

Sicily was a disaster. What the hell happened there?

Reid injured as well. This has been fun

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2024, 05:50:04 PMSicily was a disaster. What the hell happened there?

Looks like he'll be getting serious attention this year, I will hold 1 more week due to Reid & Gibcus but I won't stand by and lose 200k with another stinker. D'Ambrosio looks like a must-have and I'll look at ways to bring him in.

Mat0369

I downgraded LDU and now I'm slightly regretting it

GoldDigger

Quote from: Bully on March 16, 2024, 05:59:49 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2024, 05:50:04 PMSicily was a disaster. What the hell happened there?

Looks like he'll be getting serious attention this year, I will hold 1 more week due to Reid & Gibcus but I won't stand by and lose 200k with another stinker. D'Ambrosio looks like a must-have and I'll look at ways to bring him in.
Yup!