Trust The Process 2017

Started by uncleswagy, January 29, 2017, 06:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncleswagy

version 84 of my team here, cant stop tinkering
Def: Doco T.adams Z.williams berry ryan stewart (hibberd[norf] long)

Mid: danger pendles jpk cripps fyfe brodie myres (spp bolton graham)

ruck: goldy grundy (strnadica)

Fwd: dahl caddy heeny ainsworth gallucci pickett (rioli eddy)

36k in the bank

cripps is dependant on how much preseason action he sees
have strnadica in there as captain loophole but if english gets a gig for the dogs round 1 might slot him in there
all rookies subject to change

Southstorm

Pretty well rounded, some good unique picks too.

Only one I'm not sold on in Zac Williams, think you might be able to find better value in similarly priced guys.

uncleswagy

Quote from: Southstorm on January 29, 2017, 06:11:43 PM

Only one I'm not sold on in Zac Williams, think you might be able to find better value in similarly priced guys.

hes actually one of the guys i have as a high breakout contender, ive been getting into looking into numbers and 5 year form lines (nerdy stuff i know) and he has fairly similar numbers to what docherty had before his breatout last year.

in saying that though who would you go for around that price tag. JJ is one i would love to squeeze in there

Southstorm

Quote from: uncleswagy on January 29, 2017, 06:15:30 PM

hes actually one of the guys i have as a high breakout contender, ive been getting into looking into numbers and 5 year form lines (nerdy stuff i know) and he has fairly similar numbers to what docherty had before his breatout last year.

in saying that though who would you go for around that price tag. JJ is one i would love to squeeze in there
Well, if you're sure then you're sure. I still think there's a few to many question marks as to how he'll be used to back him in. In the first part of the year when he was playing more loose, he produced some fantastic scores but in the back half of the year he had to be more responsible for half forwards and resting mids which hurt his production a fair bit. I'm a bit worried the rollercoaster will continue this year so long as Shaw is still there.

JJ is one I'd consider if you can afford it, otherwise you can slide down to guys like Hartlett and Hibberd. Hartlett is a proven 100ppg scorer when he's playing in the midfield, and Hibberd I tip will produce similar or better to Williams while being $80k cheaper.

fasttrack13

i'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but i think you're missing a player.

EDIT: Even if cripps sees som JLT (whatever it is) he has had 3 months off pre season. I doubt he'd hit his straps until he gets to the latter half of the season. Additionally he always finishes the season better.

Last 8 RD AVE:
2016: 124 (17 above average from that year)
2015: 98 (3 above average from that year)

uncleswagy

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 29, 2017, 06:34:50 PM
i'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but i think you're missing a player

you are correct haha bont in the guts too

uncleswagy

heres a full update
Def: Doco T.adams Z.williams berry ryan stewart (hibberd[norf] long)

Mid: danger pendles jpk bont cripps fyfe brodie myres (spp bolton graham)

ruck: goldy grundy (strnadica)

Fwd: dahl caddy heeny ainsworth gallucci pickett (rioli eddy)

uncleswagy

Quote from: Southstorm on January 29, 2017, 06:26:34 PM
Quote from: uncleswagy on January 29, 2017, 06:15:30 PM

Well, if you're sure then you're sure. I still think there's a few to many question marks as to how he'll be used to back him in. In the first part of the year when he was playing more loose, he produced some fantastic scores but in the back half of the year he had to be more responsible for half forwards and resting mids which hurt his production a fair bit. I'm a bit worried the rollercoaster will continue this year so long as Shaw is still there.

JJ is one I'd consider if you can afford it, otherwise you can slide down to guys like Hartlett and Hibberd. Hartlett is a proven 100ppg scorer when he's playing in the midfield, and Hibberd I tip will produce similar or better to Williams while being $80k cheaper.

in terms of his role we'll just have to wait for preseaon to give us some clue.

personally i'm not sold on hibberd at all. i cant ignore that 82 average in the last full season and year out the game cant help development to me. just dont see him being a top 10 defender come years end

still on the fence about hartlett

uncleswagy

EDIT: Even if cripps sees som JLT (whatever it is) he has had 3 months off pre season. I doubt he'd hit his straps until he gets to the latter half of the season. Additionally he always finishes the season better.

Last 8 RD AVE:

i reckon your probably right about cripps, is only in 5% of team at the moment which makes him pod, could see myself switching him to a rookie or a swallow type slotting a JJ into my backline. or perhaps having a crack at a cheaper potential breakout like shiel/viney/hunter

fasttrack13

Quote from: uncleswagy on January 30, 2017, 04:53:29 PM

Last 8 RD AVE:

i reckon your probably right about cripps, is only in 5% of team at the moment which makes him pod, could see myself switching him to a rookie or a swallow type slotting a JJ into my backline. or perhaps having a crack at a cheaper potential breakout like shiel/viney/hunter

If he averages 100-105 to his bye i'll certainly pick him up for the run home. Him and JPK are the guys who are in that boat for me...

Wines would probably get the nod over those 3 breakouts for me... Howe>JJ too.

Or just leave team and go to tmitch for crippa

Money Shot

Pretty solid side however I'm not a huge fan of Zac Williams either as I think you could get someone like Laird for 50k
You could also select Macrae over Caddy for 50k as well which would be the much safer option.
Grundy to Goldy would also look nice.

Think you have to drop a mid premo down to Swallow personally but that's just my opinion.

uncleswagy

Tmitch for crippa is probably the best option there.

As i said earlier im supersold on zac williams, as for mccrea v caddy thats probably gonna come down to what we see in jlt, right now i see mccrea just ahead as a player but might find a hard time getting solid mid minutes in the stacked dogs squad.

I did have swallow in an earlier draft but all the those cheap midpricers this season just scream injury to me (bar roughy)

Also had a slight tinker of switching cheaper rookies around a bit and switched heeny for GC lynch, curius on thoughts on that. Or should i mabe give lynch the caddy/mccrea spit

uncleswagy

The cheaper rookies being ainsworth and gallucci to bowes and parfitt

uncleswagy

after more tinkering i think ive settled on my squad, key word is think

DEF: Adams, Laird, Williams, Sharenberg, Ryan, Stewart (Hibberd, Long)

MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Bont, Cripps, Fyfe, SPP, Myers (Barrett, Parfitt, Graham)

Ruck: Gawn, Goldstein (English)

Forward: Dahlhaus, Caddy, Heeney, Bowes, Bolton, Rioli (Pickett, Eddy)

30k in the bank

English dependant on getting a round one gig, otherwise ill just grab strndica for loophole purposes

Swapped out docherty because i figure his price will drop, will be an earlier upgrade target, Laird seems a safe bet for a top 8 defender finish,

went the safer combo in the ruck of gawnstein

All the cheap rooks are just placeholders for now

GoLions

Yeah I like it. Personally not a huge fan of the Heeney pick, think he'll average 80s, but a lot of people are on him which makes him less of a risk I guess. Rest looks pretty good, strong mids and still have 3 premo defenders and 3 premo forwards if the Heeney pick comes off. And I reckon the Gawnstein combo is the safest for starting rucks as well.

Good team to sit on :)