Main Menu

History

Started by CFC 1979, August 09, 2010, 09:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

I like him already :)

Alex7089

I bet you would! Hey you know anything about Menzel?

bunyip

No. Never heard of him untill last night

Master Q

bunyip

I thought Geelongs kids played OK last night, it could be said that they didn't have much to beat though. Menzel looks promising

Alex7089

Liked the look of Menzel.

Cats really need to start getting young payers in as older players retire/drop off.

bunyip

i agree but the trouble is they're not. Milburn is our oldest player and I bet you he plays on next year. Ottens MIGHT retire if he gets hurt again. Scarlo will play forever. Mooney will play on. We're just gonna lose another batch of promising kids. Some of the older players mentioned might retire when Bomber leaves after next season.

gerco

I was impressed with Laidler, and frankly I'm hoping Laidler stays in the side ahead of Longeran. I've been very surprised that Laidler and Gilles hadn't played any games before last week, especially when Milburn and Scarlett missed games earlier in the year.

Menzel, although it was only his first game, and Duncan have both looked classy in their AFL games so far, and in the little I've seen of VFL games this year, Christensen and Vardy look likely types as well.

bunyip

They are developing a good bunch of kids. I hope they can hang onto them :(

Alex7089

They would be crazy to let them leave.
Surely they should know these are going to be the guys coming in for the vets leaving/poached in the coming year.

Bosh

Nah Bomber knows what his doing, keep playing the old folks why the premiership window is open while still getting games into kids occasionly, next year allot of kids will get games.