Rd 15 - Lodgement and Banter Thread

Started by Ringo, July 16, 2018, 11:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Setting this up now as I will be in Cairns till Thursday and not sure of WIFI connections at Hotel.

Final week of home and away season and a few of these matches have implications on the final 8 and order. Thge Battle for 8th position should be watched over the weekend.

Draw for final round and first name teamed has the HGA.

Wrexham Knights v Liverpool Rams
13th v 14th - Little separates these 2 teams both on points and percentage. Knights will be hoping captain Dangerfield maintains the form he showed last week. With  HGA favour Knights here but if Rams can contain Danger then they may be a chance.
Grope Lane Giants v Hastings Hurricanes
9th v 2nd - This is an intriguing match up with Giants coming of an upset win over the Dragons and now facing the Hurricanes who sit 2nd on the ladder. Hurricanes have second spot sown up but a win by Giants will give them a chance to finish in 8th spot dependent on other results and %.  Hurricanes will be sweating on the fitness of Kennedy. If the Giants have another consistent performance by all players this week they may cause a second upset and will be urged on strongly by their home crowd. Hurricanes will want momentum going into the finals so would not want to lose. In a close one tipping Hurricanes here,
Staines Steins v Bradford Badgers
5th v 8th - Steins have been disappointing in recent weeks whereas the badgers have been coming home strongly to creep into the 8 on %. A win by Badgers here will virtually sew up 8th position as they have a 4% points margin over 9th at the moment. A loss however may see them out of the 8. If Heppell and Higgins maintain their form for Badgers they may get the win. Steins home crowd however would like to see their team into the semis with a resounding win.  Steins with a good percentage should and a win should go into Top 4 if Dragons or Hoods falter. With this HGA maybe Steins but should be tight.
Birmingham Dragons v Manchester Magic
3rd v 16th - Dragons with a surprise last week should bounce here and cement position in the Top 4.  Magic will be looking forward to the end of season and seeing how to bolster playing stock in the trade period.
Nottingham Hoods v Huddersfield Hawks
4th v 12th - Hawks have been disappointing this year and will be wanting to finish the home and away season off strongly. However Hoods sitting in the vulnerable 4th position would want a win to cement place in the top 4. With HGA Hoods should cement this position.
Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs v Winchester Werewolves
7th v 1st - Werewolves have been strong in recent weeks and should be a little strong for the Hedgies.  Wolves have injury concerns with Robbie Gray but should be able to cover. Wolves for me here.
Blackpool Bunnies v Swansea Breakers
6th v 15th Breakers seem to be really broken this year and ravaged by injuries so should be a comfortable win for the Bunnies who could get into the 4 with a strong win if other results go their way. Easy win for the Bunnies.
Oxford Owls v Leeds Leeches
10th v 11th Despite ladder positions this is my match of the round as loser is out of the 8 whereas winner if other results go their way can finish in 8th position. New coach of the Owls has them fighting hard and have shown improvement in recent weeks despite a couple of narrow losses. Leeches have been up and down and result will largely depend on which Leeches team turns up. Slightly favour Owls with the HGA.

Teams to be lodged in this thread by lockout at bounce of Saints and Tigers game on Friday night.

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 15

Joel Selwood (Hastings) 100 games
David Mundy (Leeds) 100 games
Luke Dahlhaus (Winchester) 100 games
Jarryd Lyons (Liverpool) 50 games

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on July 16, 2018, 11:35:55 AM

13th v 14th - Little separates these 2 teams both on points and percentage. Knights will be hoping captain Dangerfield maintains the form he showed last week. With  HGA favour Knights here but if Rams can contain Danger then they may be a chance.

Just give me the W, i'm going to smoke this dog.

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 16, 2018, 02:25:55 PM

I bet Wrexham are actually gonna tank for the better draft pick.

fanTCfool

Manchester Magic

D: Brandon Ellis, Tom McDonald (EVC), Dan Houston, Liam Jones
M: Rory Sloane (C), Sam Powell-Pepper (VC), Jared Polec, Shaun Grigg
R: Wylie Buzza
F: Paul Ahern, Harry Cunningham, Kyle Langford, Jamie Cripps
U: Zak Jones, Stefan Giro

E: Sam Petrevski-Seton (M/F), Bernie Vince (D), Brayden Crossley (R), James Worpel (M)

Koop

Hedgies

D: Shane Savage, Alex Witherden, Ryan Clarke, Marcus Adams
M: Dustin Martin (VC), Lachie Neale (C), Luke Dunstan, Brandan Parfitt
R: Cal Sinclair
F: Toby Greene, Rhys Stanley, Zac Fisher, Josh Thomas
U: Jarryn Geary, Mark Hutchings

E: Josh Walker (D/F), Ben Ronke (F), Bailey Banfield (M), Mason Cox (R)

kilbluff1985

Birmingham Dragons

Def: Jack Crisp, Shannon Hurn, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Conor McKenna
Mid: Tom Mitchell (C), Zach Merrett, Brad Ebert, Mitch Duncan (VC)
Ruck: Tom Bellchambers
Fwd: Justin Westhoff, Shaun McKernan, Josh Jenkins, Luke Breust
Util: Tom Phillips, Tom Rockliff

EMG: Ricky Henderson [mid], Shaun Atley (fwd), Robbie Tarrant (def)

Rusty00

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 04, 2018, 08:06:11 PM
No surprise that Fyfe is going to miss some if not all of the BXV finals. Wouldn’t have it any other way :P
Now Sicily as well ::)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 17, 2018, 01:48:43 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on July 04, 2018, 08:06:11 PM
No surprise that Fyfe is going to miss some if not all of the BXV finals. Wouldn’t have it any other way :P
Now Sicily as well ::)

Trade them both to me kthx

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on July 16, 2018, 04:20:57 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 16, 2018, 02:25:55 PM

I bet Wrexham are actually gonna tank for the better draft pick.
I could tank and still top your side ;)

LF

Hoods

Def: J McGovern,A Saad,D Astbury,T Doedee
Mid: J Macrae(C),S Coniglio(VC),R Atkins,D Sheed
Ruck: S Lycett
Fwd: M Walters,TT Lynch,T Taranto,D Smith
U: J Higgins,J Berry
E: C Rayner,H Grundy,T Duryea,N Vardy

kilbluff1985

dropping Jenkins was a bad omen the team didnt like it and threw the game

fanTCfool

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 18, 2018, 08:39:35 PM
dropping Jenkins was a bad omen the team didnt like it and threw the game

They kept kicking it to the goal-square and no one was there  :(

In other news, it's good to have Brodie Smith back at Reserves Level this week, albeit at the end of our BXV season.

GoLions

Bradford Badgers

DEF: Jarrod Harbrow, Daniel Rich, Tom Cutler, Brayden Maynard
MID: Dyson Heppell (C), Luke Shuey (VC), Jack Redden, Shaun Higgins
RUCK: Jarrod Witts
FWD: Caleb Daniel, Tom Papley, Rhys Mathieson, Jaidyn Stephenson
UTIL: Trent Cotchin, Liam Duggan

EMG: Mark LeCras, Joel Hamling, Quinton Narkle, Josh Daicos

Nige

Liverpool Rams

Scott Thompson, Sam Wright, Alex Sexton, Ethan Hughes
Dayne Beams (c), Jarryd Lyons (vc), Dion Prestia (evc), Hugh Greenwood