Quote from: whatlez on February 15, 2014, 02:08:02 PM
Not sure if mentioned, but Nigel grinds my gears
I was about to post this.  :P

Nige

Justin Bieber

jobe#4

Quote from: NigeyS on February 15, 2014, 12:54:29 PM
Quote from: jobe#4 on February 14, 2014, 06:38:33 PM
the average house sale price in Detroit is $6,000! that city is screwed!
hopefully am going to America at the end of the year just to see what showers like there

heard they were going to nuke it and start again in 20,000 years haha

nas

hopefully am going to America at the end of the year just to see what showers like there

Mates place in Vegas with houses in his cul de sac, 3 bedroom 2 story, 2 bathrooms, reasonable backyard, 2 car garage, all around 70-90K maintained by a body corporate

jobe#4

Quote from: nas on February 16, 2014, 04:07:36 PM

Mates place in Vegas with houses in his cul de sac, 3 bedroom 2 story, 2 bathrooms, reasonable backyard, 2 car garage, all around 70-90K maintained by a body corporate
might move there

Dudge

Quote from: nas on February 16, 2014, 04:07:36 PM

My place in Salisbury North with houses in cul de sac, 3 bedroom 1 story, 1 bathroom, reasonable backyard, I car leantwo, around what the bank will auction it for, maintained by the missus

Bill Manspeaker

tell ya what grinds my gears... is that Australia are the only country to put the score the correct flowerin way in cricket

wickets for runs

IS HOW IT SHOULD BE flowerING DONE

(I think we're the only ones that do it anyway, happy to be corrected :P)

strikes91

Quote from: brad on February 17, 2014, 10:22:46 PM
tell ya what grinds my gears... is that Australia are the only country to put the score the correct flowerin way in cricket

wickets for runs

really irks me as well

tbagrocks

Quote from: strikes91 on February 17, 2014, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: brad on February 17, 2014, 10:22:46 PM

wickets for runs

really irks me as well
Explains why we're the best! Others playing for wickets whilst we play for runs ;D

Bill Manspeaker

it just makes sense as well.

bowling wins cricket. you need runs on the board, but if you don't take wickets, then good luck winning a match

wickets more important, therefore goes FIRST.

and people could say... we'll it's Team A's time to bat and it's their innings so runs should come first. and I'd just say "or it's the other way around, and Team B is bowling, why isn't it their innings to set up the win and bowl Team A out cheaply"

Ziplock

Quote from: brad on February 17, 2014, 10:52:53 PM
it just makes sense as well.

bowling wins cricket. you need runs on the board, but if you don't take wickets, then good luck winning a match

wickets more important, therefore goes FIRST.

and people could say... we'll it's Team A's time to bat and it's their innings so runs should come first. and I'd just say "or it's the other way around, and Team B is bowling, why isn't it their innings to set up the win and bowl Team A out cheaply"

I'll preface this by saying, I don't really care about cricket.

Obviously bowling is crucial to cricket wins (ignoring catches, run outs etc.)... that being said, that's a stupid argument.

You get your points from runs... if you don't score any runs, because your shower (note- not necessarily because the bowler's any good), you physically can't win. Even if your bowling is amazing, and you get them all out for 10, if your batting is shower house and your team all get run out for a total of 6, you're going to lose.

It really does not matter, like at flowering all, which way around they all, it's only mildly annoying when it's inconsistent.

And if everyone else does it one way, and we do it another way, then we're the ones causing the inconsistency, ergo, we're the ones annoying ourselves.

Out of curiosity, internationally do commentators comment on the score back to front as well? Like do they say eight for two hundred and thirty two, or do they say two hundred and thirty two for eight?

Bill Manspeaker

they say it however it shows on the screen, so yeah they say two hundred and thirty two for eight and we say it the other way around.

still think it should be wickets for runs. you get 10 wickets, so it's on the bowling team to end the innings. 8/232 just makes sense to me.

every person will bat (unless there's a declaration if course) so runs come a lot easier than wickets. if you get bowled out for 10 then you shouldn't be playing any form of cricket :P

plus it looks better I reckon

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on February 18, 2014, 12:43:06 AM
You get your points from runs... if you don't score any runs, because your shower (note- not necessarily because the bowler's any good), you physically can't win. Even if your bowling is amazing, and you get them all out for 10, if your batting is shower house and your team all get run out for a total of 6, you're going to lose.

Thats a poor call.

If your bowlers suck shower then the other team will score 500 and whatever your batsmen do is irrelevant. Plus, you need to take 20 wickets to win a test match plain and simple. If you don't do that, you'll never win a match.

henry

Yeah I agree brad should always be wickets first. Doesn't really annoy me that much but can be confusing if the score is 3/2 or in Victoria's case last week 6/9  ::). Whenever I'm asked the score I say wickets first eg  one for seventy rather than seventy for one