Main Menu

What grinds your gears ?

Started by strikes91, August 28, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on December 16, 2013, 01:35:47 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 16, 2013, 01:33:16 AM
Hashtags also annoy me

Yeah haha I just do them for showers and gigs tho sometimes. especially when I'm mucking around and bragging about something.

XV team, Carlton, Mitchell Johnson etc.

sounds like 90% of your posts lol

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on December 16, 2013, 01:31:47 AM
Quote from: vinny on December 16, 2013, 01:14:16 AM
Same goes for all the gay shower like yolo swag lol, anyone says that in real life makes me wanna punch them. :-X
I know what you mean, I feel the same with the  use of the word 'gay' as a derogative adjective :P
It's also one for me as think I've changed a few posts on the forum regarding it, and even told off niece/nephew when they use it as one.

Quote from: vinny on December 16, 2013, 01:14:16 AM
Same goes for all the gay shower like yolo swag lol, anyone says that in real life makes me wanna punch them. :-X
Hashtags also annoy me
#2cool4u
#uneedmoreswag

Holz

Weird one and I have very few people who agree with me here.

"Me and John " just annoys me. "John and I" is what I always say.

First up its not correct grammar but it's the only one that bugs me. I think it's because it's just an example of people putting themselves first.

Vinny

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 16, 2013, 01:43:26 AM
Quote from: vinny on December 16, 2013, 01:35:47 AM
Hashtags also annoy me

Yeah haha I just do them for showers and gigs tho sometimes. especially when I'm mucking around and bragging about something.

XV team, Carlton, Mitchell Johnson etc.

sounds like 90% of your posts lol

>:(

henry

Hashtags also annoy me
Yeah this is a big one for me actually haha. I don't mind it on twitter where it has to be confined to 140 characters, but on FB they can be so annoying and just in general forums like this one :P

fidou

I can't stand it when you watch the news and its full of content from the USA. Someone breaks a toenail in the USA and its news here. Why are the Australian prime time broadcasters so pro American are they lazy and just think it is popular content. I find it annoying as it really does Americanise Australian culture.

My Chumps

Justin Bieber

Quote from: fidou on December 16, 2013, 11:56:06 AM
I can't stand it when you watch the news and its full of content from the USA. Someone breaks a toenail in the USA and its news here. Why are the Australian prime time broadcasters so pro American are they lazy and just think it is popular content. I find it annoying as it really does Americanise Australian culture.
Why I tend not to watch the news, if needed, I'll read online. Agree, there should be plenty of things happening all around Aus but they stretch to America for random stories that have nothing to do with us.
My brother told me a while back if you want a fairly objective world news, to watch Russian news.

Quote from: My Chumps on December 16, 2013, 12:58:29 PM
ATAR scores grind my gears
Guessing didn't go too well? :(.

GoLions

Quote from: NigeyS on December 15, 2013, 10:25:41 PM
lol is the one I dislike the most though.  >:(
Are you kidding me Nige? How many times do you say "lel" or "lol"

My lord.

Ziplock

Vinny

Quote from: GoLions16 on December 16, 2013, 02:04:45 PM

My lord.

Yeah I hate "Lel" as way, it's stupid.  :P

Master Q

Quote from: fidou on December 16, 2013, 11:56:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FXPVQY4HM

My Chumps

Quote from: Ziplock on December 16, 2013, 02:09:13 PM

have you already gotten yours?
Yeah, Vics got it at 7am this morning.

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 16, 2013, 01:40:59 PM
Not real well. Good enough to get into my first preference but still a little disappointed. It's just an annoying system. People (including myself) are letting themselves be defined by a number. It's often not really adequate reward for the effort you've put in all year.

GoLions

Quote from: My Chumps on December 16, 2013, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 16, 2013, 01:40:59 PM
Not real well. Good enough to get into my first preference but still a little disappointed. It's just an annoying system. People (including myself) are letting themselves be defined by a number. It's often not really adequate reward for the effort you've put in all year.
You got your first preference. Nothing else matters. The way I see it, if you need an atar of 50 for a course and you get 55, you should be just as happy as someone who needed a 90 and got 91.

I got something in the 80s, and I remember the atar required for my 2nd preference was about 55, and had another preference which needed about the same, and I would've been more than happy doing those courses.

Nige

Quote from: GoLions16 on December 16, 2013, 02:04:45 PM

My lord.
I never say "lol".

I do say "top lel" or "quality lel" on occasion though, and when I do, I'm usually laughing.