Main Menu

What grinds your gears ?

Started by strikes91, August 28, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on August 29, 2013, 01:14:27 AM
Haha Jay, you nailed it!

A couple of other things.

People who speed up when you're over taking them.
Girls that think they are substantially more attractive than they are.
Graffiti. The colourful street art is cool but that black paint scrawled on buildings gives me the showers!

By the way, I sit in neutral at the lights because I don't wanna wear out my clutch bearing and my left foot get tired sometimes haha :P  I do endeavour to not hold up traffic, gotta anticipate the light changes ;)

toughen up mate lol

nrich102

Tricks on the Bruce Highway. When it's 100 Km per hour they go 80, then when there's an overtaking lane they'll start going 110 km per hour  :(

Rusty00

Quote from: Jayman on August 28, 2013, 10:32:33 PM
The people that post facebook status' saying "go power/crows" despite having no clue about footy
Yes! Or an extension of that one is when friends/work colleagues get stuck into you about your team losing even though they don't even follow the footy and/or are just part time supporters of a team (ie. only when they are winning).

Ringo

Couple of things that really grate me when driving:

Tailgating - people sitting right on your rear bumper on single lane highways when you are doing the speed limit. Pay no attention to giving ample distance should I have to break suddenly.
People who drive 5/10 km under the speed limit on single lane highways and as nrich says speed up when overtaking lanes arrive,
On Dual lane highways cars doing under the speed limit in both lanes often driving side by side at 90k in a 100k zone.
Impatience of some drivers - When passing vehicles on dual land carriageways I like to give ample room before moving back in (This observation may twig the memory cells - When I was taught to drive and did defensive driving was taught do not move back in until you can see the front of vehicle overtaken in your rear vision mirror). Have been driving like that but people now days cut in and pass you on the inside.

Other gear grates
Lack of manners on public transport some of things already highlighted,
This a once off every 3 years the number of calls requesting surveys for the federal election - I have received 23 at last count so far. (Usually at meal times as well)

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 29, 2013, 01:19:28 AM
Quote from: elephants on August 29, 2013, 01:14:27 AM
Haha Jay, you nailed it!

A couple of other things.

People who speed up when you're over taking them.
Girls that think they are substantially more attractive than they are.
Graffiti. The colourful street art is cool but that black paint scrawled on buildings gives me the showers!

By the way, I sit in neutral at the lights because I don't wanna wear out my clutch bearing and my left foot get tired sometimes haha :P  I do endeavour to not hold up traffic, gotta anticipate the light changes ;)

toughen up mate lol

Haha we will see, in 60 years time don't be surprised to see yourself struggling with arthritic pain in your left ankle while I'm as fit as a fiddle ;)

Nige

Oh yeah, another one. Thanks to Ringo for reminding me.

People calling our home phone/landline while we're eating meals. It's not even funny, regardless of what time we eat, at least during one meal every day the phone will ring. I don't know how they do it, but far out, it's annoying.  :P

Rusty00

Telemarketers calling you even though you are on the do-not-call register  >:(

specky92

Anything involving Mosquitos really pisses me off, I just do not understand their role in our world.

People that are clearly messaging you for an ulterior motive but never get to the point,

Girls that act drunk to be cool

Guys that think drinking automatically makes them the coolest kids out

People who think their age group/year level is superior to the lesser year levels, eg. Girl A posts 10 photos about her deb (2012), Girl B posts 10 photos about her deb (2013), Girl A then makes a huge status about how nobody gives a shower about debs (directed at girl B)

Anyone that says they are tuning someone

When people fix their hair every 30 seconds

(Keep in mind I'm 16)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 29, 2013, 09:36:12 AM

Is it mainly charity companies ? Cause they still get your number

If peopl tail gate me I tap the brakes 3 times if that don't work I start slowing down

Rusty00

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 29, 2013, 10:25:54 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on August 29, 2013, 09:36:12 AM

Is it mainly charity companies ? Cause they still get your number

If peopl tail gate me I tap the brakes 3 times if that don't work I start slowing down
Nah, lately it's been the same mob trying to sell us solar panels. Last time they called I asked the woman for the name of the company and she started to tell me, then the call was disconnected  :-X

strikes91

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 28, 2013, 11:33:23 PM
People sit at lights in neutral ? Wtf

everyone does it.
Keep the left calf muscle fresh

elephants

Quote from: strikes91 on August 29, 2013, 08:14:54 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 28, 2013, 11:33:23 PM
People sit at lights in neutral ? Wtf

everyone does it.
Keep the left calf muscle fresh

Yes, this fella knows. 8)

Ziplock

Quote from: Jayman on August 28, 2013, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on August 28, 2013, 11:01:49 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 28, 2013, 10:32:33 PM
People that make jokes about serious life issues
To be fair, some people make jokes in situations like this because they are unsure how to act in those situations and feel uncomfortable showing real feelings.
It's just too risky for my liking. Never know what people have gone through in their life etc. so bringing up serious issues and making light of them could really hurt some people that have experienced that. Just gotta be careful imo. :)

haha, I used to make jokes like that when in really bad a fb arguments... I've stopped now though.

Mostly because there was this one guy, being an absolute prick to me, and I said something along the lines of 'your such a cow, like what are you, angry at the whole world? are you like a closested homosexual who was never loved by his mother, and was sexually assaulted as a child?'

turns out he was sexually assaulted as a child and lived with his grandparents as a kid because his mother abandoned him.

Don't think he's in the closet though, so it could have been worse.

anyyyyyyyyyyyway. Don't say shower to people on the internet or they threaten to come to your house a kill you :)

I hate it when you go into a public toilet, and someone's left a massive dump in the bowl.

Not because it's gross, since I just flush it down... but because I keep thinking about people walking around without having wiped their butt hole.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: NigeyS on August 28, 2013, 09:54:31 PM
People with massive egos.
People who think they're superior to others.
People who sit next to one of public transport when there are plenty of free seats.
People in general.  :P

You just described me :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: whatlez on August 29, 2013, 10:36:56 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 28, 2013, 09:54:31 PM
People with massive egos.
People who think they're superior to others.
People who sit next to one of public transport when there are plenty of free seats.
People in general.  :P

You just described me :P
Whatlez  ;)